6 Yr Old Boy Floats Away In Balloon

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 04:05 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

The problem with this guy, you know, is not that he's a nonconformist, it's that he's a cockwipe willing to subject his family to whatever the **** he feels like in another mediocre American's quest for reality TV fame.

looks like the judge agrees

no profit from books or media, a little bit of jail time

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iC6jwbmzuVUF4YLJVJo5CPNtOLxQD9CP90JG0

Quote:
FORT COLLINS, Colo. " The parents who pulled the balloon boy hoax in hopes of landing a reality TV show were sentenced to jail Wednesday " 90 days for him, 20 days for her " and barred from profiting from their newfound celebrity status for the next four years.

Quote:
"What this case is about is deception, exploitation " exploitation of the children of the Heenes, exploitation of the media and exploitation of people's emotions " and money," District Judge Stephen Schapanski said.

Heene's 90-day sentence includes 60 days of work release that will let him pursue his job as a construction contractor during the day as long as he reports back to jail at night. The Heenes were also put on four years' probation, during which they cannot earn any money related to the stunt. That means any book, movie or reality TV deals are off limits.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 04:33 pm
Justice is served.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 04:38 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah man was I wrong in my posts at the time, I really thought he was just stupid.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 09:08 am
@ehBeth,
Often times we do not get such an insightful judge - this sort of ruling not only punishes this guy in just the way it will really hurt him - taking away his celebrity status - but it will also discourage other nutjobs that use any means possible to be a "celebrity".

Wonder next what will happen to the White House crashers.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 06:32 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
Often times we do not get such an insightful judge - this sort of ruling not only punishes this guy in just the way it will really hurt him - taking away his celebrity status - but it will also discourage other nutjobs that use any means possible to be a "celebrity".

agreed
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 11:20 am
I was just flipping through channels, the "Wife Swap" with the Heenes is on right now if anyone wants to see. Lifetime.

Me, I'm not gonna stick around and watch again. Bleh.
0 Replies