The No Win Scenario

BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 07:45 pm
@Brandon9000,
So, how many times in your life so far have you deliberately put yourself in a position likely to create a fight with a dozen or more people in order to draw attention to something?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Three is my maxmun so far when helping a friend of mine throwed her son and his friends drugs supply down the toilet in front of them after her son threaten to beat her up if she would dare to interfere with his dealing drugs out of her home.

Seem somehow that those three late teenagers was not as eager to attack a growth man as to threaten a woman who was the mother of one of the hoodlums even after seeing a few thousands dollars of drugs on into the sewer. We also broke their scales.

And no I do not think that your idea/fantasy that a mass of 15 drugs buyers would attack in mass is at all likely either to say the least!

My wife however does have a nice riot shotgun that she used to carry when traveling around the country alone by small plane or RV that would more then even the odds.

Lord there is nothing on earth that is as interesting as the sound of racking a 12 guage shotgun.

You set up the fantany of 15 drugs buyers attacking the poor man if he dare to film and that what it is a fantasy.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 07:57 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

So, how many times in your life so far have you deliberately put yourself in a position likely to create a fight with a dozen or more people in order to draw attention to something?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Three is my maxmun so far when helping a friend of mine throwed her son and his friends drugs supply down the toilet in front of them after her son threaten to beat her up if she would dare to interfere with his dealing drugs out of her home.

Seem somehow that those three late teenagers was not as eager to attack a growth man as to threaten a woman who was the mother of one of the hoodlums even after seeing a few thousands dollars of drugs on into the sewer. We also broke their scales.

And no I do not think that your idea/fantasy that a mass of 15 drugs buyers would attack in mass is at all likely either to say the least!

My wife however does have a nice riot shotgun that she used to carry when traveling around the country alone by small plane or RV that would more then even the odds.

Lord there is nothing on earth that is as interesting as the sound of racking a 12 guage shotgun.

You set up the fantany of 15 drugs buyers attacking the poor man if he dare to film and that what it is a fantasy.

I don't consider going outside of a large, rowdy party and filming everyone coming out to be a realistic or helpful suggestion. When you have something helpful to suggest, I'll listen.
BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 08:04 pm
@Brandon9000,
I don't consider going outside of a large, rowdy party and filming everyone coming out to be a realistic or helpful suggestion. When you have something helpful to suggest, I'll listen.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I however do consider it a great idea and one that had been used before by citizens to drive off the drug buyers and sellers.

You live in a fantany world where you think that someone who wish to buy some drugs to get high is not going to wish to keep as low a profile as possible and getting film is going to drive them to other locations not into a killing rage.

But just in case a little backup would not be uncall for.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 09:08 pm
mmm...yeah....

I sure wouldn't start filming people.
You're just asking for it then.

oh...I did check the noise ordiances in my city, that's why I mentioned after 10pm
sounds like drums can really be awful when you're trying to sleep.

If this guy is selling drugs, I'd think having the cops show up whenever there's too much noise would persuade him to quiet down.

Having the police show up once or twice at one of his parties wouldn't be too popular either.

Did you ever mention if he rents or owns?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 10:22 pm
There is a condo board, yes?? And maybe this condo has been sublet yes?? Maybe some rules have been broken and the people can be pushed out???

I would take a property value devaluation angle rather than a drug dealer angle, and I surely would not be stupid enough to start filming people who know who are am and where I live.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 10:29 pm
@engineer,
Jumping some posts, I'll agree strongly with engineer here.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 10:30 pm
@Ceili,
Also agree strongly with Ceili on this.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 10:39 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

mmm...yeah....

I sure wouldn't start filming people.
You're just asking for it then.

oh...I did check the noise ordiances in my city, that's why I mentioned after 10pm
sounds like drums can really be awful when you're trying to sleep.

If this guy is selling drugs, I'd think having the cops show up whenever there's too much noise would persuade him to quiet down.

Having the police show up once or twice at one of his parties wouldn't be too popular either.

Did you ever mention if he rents or owns?

Thanks for your thoughts. He owns.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 10:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

There is a condo board, yes?? And maybe this condo has been sublet yes?? Maybe some rules have been broken and the people can be pushed out???

I would take a property value devaluation angle rather than a drug dealer angle, and I surely would not be stupid enough to start filming people who know who are am and where I live.

Unfortunately, not a sublet.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 10:40 pm
@farmerman,
I like High Seas, in my way; for example, she is straightforward. We are opposites on most opinions.

I think High Seas hasn't picked up on jest today, today in particular, not usual.

Can we just get on with what Brandon's Friend should do? I'm interested.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 10:48 pm
The hypothetical downstairs guy has apparently hypothetically talked with the hypothetical upstairs guy several tijmes with no ill effects. Sounds like the relations between them are not poisoned, and the guy has actually made changes, if only short-term ones. Maybe build on the nonconfrontational aspects. Sound actually travels from speakers by transmission thru things they're in physical contact with, like floors or walls./ There are kinds of sound deadeners you can use that will reduce sound transmission, like certain kinds of dense foams, or sound absorbent blocks you can set speakers on. He might ask the upstairs guy how his speakers are set up and suggest those--they won't affect the actual sound in the apt. If they're on the floor, move them off the floor. He might actually buy them for the neighbor. And bass travels much farther than higher notes, because that's where the sound energy is. Ask him to just turn the bass WAY down at night.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 11:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

The hypothetical downstairs guy has apparently hypothetically talked with the hypothetical upstairs guy several tijmes with no ill effects. Sounds like the relations between them are not poisoned, and the guy has actually made changes, if only short-term ones. Maybe build on the nonconfrontational aspects. Sound actually travels from speakers by transmission thru things they're in physical contact with, like floors or walls./ There are kinds of sound deadeners you can use that will reduce sound transmission, like certain kinds of dense foams, or sound absorbent blocks you can set speakers on. He might ask the upstairs guy how his speakers are set up and suggest those--they won't affect the actual sound in the apt. If they're on the floor, move them off the floor. He might actually buy them for the neighbor. And bass travels much farther than higher notes, because that's where the sound energy is. Ask him to just turn the bass WAY down at night.

My feeling is that if the upstairs neighbor cared how anyone else felt about anything, he wouldn't have 15 people up there partying at 3 AM.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 11:41 pm
@Brandon9000,
My own immediate questions have to do with the Condo Association and its rules.
I'm no good at this, I don't have condo experience, or want it.
Still, speaking as a condo amateur, I'd look at the condo association first.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 12:09 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

My own immediate questions have to do with the Condo Association and its rules.
I'm no good at this, I don't have condo experience, or want it.
Still, speaking as a condo amateur, I'd look at the condo association first.

Perhaps. They may be sympathetic, however my experience tells me that they can be tough on people renting from absent owners, but are helpless with badly behaved owners. The board can be tried. One issue, though, is that the kid keeps everything right on the borderline. I mean, is a party at 3:30 AM on a Friday night a violation? Is music that plays all night long, but actually just audible in the rooms below a violation? I don't know. This kid has found the level at which life down below is a living hell, but nothing is really being violated. It's the constancy of it that's the worst. And in most of the cases that the police are called, the music is actually loud out on the street, although we could look at the law in Tampa.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 12:23 am
@Brandon9000,
I don't have much useful to say in comments, Brandon, but I suffered from a mad teen eight feet from our window some time ago (he grew up). S0, I'll still just listen.

I guess I should add that we called the police many times. This just annoys the police, far as I can see.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 12:32 am
@ossobuco,
On the other hand, the police might not mind knowing there is traffic. And whoever commented earlier to call vice - I forget now - I'd listen.

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 12:41 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

On the other hand, the police might not mind knowing there is traffic. And whoever commented earlier to call vice - I forget now - I'd listen.

Thanks again. As for vice, I have no idea whatever how this kid makes money except that it doesn't involve going to a job. Beyond that and the number of visitors he gets, I have no facts.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 01:02 am
@Brandon9000,
I think I posted on this and then deleted it - I lived across from what I took to be meth dealers in an apartment complex across from my kitchen window. No one ever looks up...

In my situation, I talked to the building owner (they were renters) and the folks were gone soon, another long story.

I was lucky.

I'm not anti drug, I tend to be liberatarian on that, but I'm anti gang.
What I was seeing, the trucks every ten minutes.. scared me.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 07:33 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
... although we could look at the law in Tampa.

Is that the municipality in which our hypothetical scenario is situated, Brandon?
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 07:33 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Ticomaya wrote:
Keep calling the police out there. Squeaky wheel, etc. The cops will begin to know you, and your noisy friend will probably not like the attention being drawn to his parties.

It would probably start a war, but is sensible and worth thinking about. Thanks.

The war has already been started. You're just thinking about joining it.