If you are confined to your bedroom,or any room,you should open the windows and let the sunshine and fresh air in. Maybe even sit in the sunlight( great source for vitamin D) if you can't do sit ups or push ups.Ask your doctor what type of exercise would be appropriate for your situation. Fitness is a "quality of life." It is not a drudgery that I detest, rather a privilege to be able to possess. It involves diet, exercise, stretching, meditation and prayer. My favorite choice of activity for cardiovascular fitness is hiking.
Here are some benefits that cardiovascular exercise offers:
1. Weight loss
2. Stronger heart and lungs
3. Increased bone density
4. Reduced stress
5. Reduced risk of heart disease and some types of cancer
6. Temporary relief from depression and anxiety
7. More confidence about how you feel and how you look
8. Better sleep
he benefits of weight-training go far beyond what it does for my outward appearance. It not only gives me an outlet for my excess energy, it also offers the following benefits:
1. Weight training tones your muscles which looks great and raises your basal metabolism...which causes you to burn more calories 24 hours a day. You'll even burn more calories while you're sleeping.
2. Weight training can reverse the natural decline in your metabolism which begins around age 30.
3. Weight training energizes you.
4. Weight training has a positive effect on almost all of your 650-plus muscles.
5. Weight training strengthens your bones reducing your risk of developing osteoporosis.