How do you stay fit?

Mon 21 Sep, 2009 09:24 am
Im 14 years old and im 135 pounds. Im 5 foot 2 and Im never called fat, but I can feel it. I dont work out much anymore and I need to get back into that. My boyfriend says when ever I call myself fat " your not fat... your the perfect size, and definetly not fat" and his whole family says im not fat.. but i no im not skinny I have a 31 inch waist and want to get it down to 28 inches... please help me find a better diet and excersize plan!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 108 • Views: 28,891 • Replies: 94
Topic Closed

FreeDuck

Mon 21 Sep, 2009 10:01 am
@warriorbaby423,
Find a game you like to play. Volleyball, softball, basketball, tennis, soccer? At your age, I'm not sure you should be working out with a goal of weight loss. Rather, you should seek to increase your fitness, and I think the easiest way to do it without losing interest and motivation is to find a sport that you enjoy.
warriorbaby423

Mon 21 Sep, 2009 10:07 am
@FreeDuck,
I play volleyball, and im waiting for the season to come soI can tryout... otherwise im not doing a sport because i have tried every sport out there almost and i've hated them all except volleyball.. but next year when im a sophmore im going to tryout for tennis and see if I make it.
Linkat

Mon 21 Sep, 2009 10:08 am
@warriorbaby423,
Like what freeduck says - pick something that is physical that interests you.

I began a new fitness goal (I am bit older - after two children I am in a situation where I have a little bit of time to work in a fitness program).

For me, it keeps my interest if I am part of class. I started taking spin classes which keeps me interested with the music and some one leading to push me a bit. I used to take step aerobic classes when I was younger - I loved that.

Team sports are great when you are young, fun and social. Even if you are not the best athelete, most schools have intramuel (sp?) sports for those that want more recretional fun.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Mon 21 Sep, 2009 10:11 am
@warriorbaby423,
warriorbaby423 wrote:

I play volleyball, and im waiting for the season to come soI can tryout... otherwise im not doing a sport because i have tried every sport out there almost and i've hated them all except volleyball.. but next year when im a sophmore im going to tryout for tennis and see if I make it.

Is there any place where you can go to play informal games to prepare for the season? Like a recreation center or beach?
0 Replies

chai2

Mon 21 Sep, 2009 10:12 am
You sound like you're a very nice size.

People, regardless of their age, look a lot better when they are at a healthy weight, and look fit, rather than just being skinny for skinnies sake.

Skinny to me means you don't weigh enough, and/or sick.

Enjoy all life has to offer, including exercise that's fun to you, and delicious food.
Don't limit yourself to being just like every other wannabee poster child for anorexia.

Dare to be yourself, and not what some anonymous magazine article or TV show says.

Those who care about you think you look fine, and that's what counts.

Don't become one of those boring people that constantly whine about their weight. Instead, experience life totally at whatever size you are right now.
0 Replies

warriorbaby423

Mon 21 Sep, 2009 10:30 am
thanks for the kind words... I have to wait another month before a sport i like comes unless my parents let me start up boxing again.. that was my favorite sport ever but we didnt have the money anymore.. so ill try to go to a gym for now and is dancing around or like punching in the air a type of excersize? like idk what the class is called but they do that in a class at my gym...
FreeDuck

Mon 21 Sep, 2009 10:58 am
@warriorbaby423,
Certainly dancing around and punching in the air is exercise. (I do it randomly in my own home, much to the displeasure of my children.) Anything that gets you moving is exercise. Enjoy!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Mon 21 Sep, 2009 11:03 am
@warriorbaby423,
http://www.outdoorbound.com/images/photos/Indoor_Rock_Climbing.jpg

Try Rock climbing. It will build muscle, tone and slim you up real quick, if that's what you want. Plus, you're at a great age to get started - light enough to really run up the wall.

Cycloptichorn
aidan

Mon 21 Sep, 2009 12:13 pm
@warriorbaby423,
If you belong to a gym or the Y- you can play racquetball on their courts and if you don't own a racquet - you can sign one of theirs out to use.
And even if you don't have anyone else to play with - you can play all by yourself and actually that's a really good workout and FUN! If you have to return every ball you're running back and forth twice as much and it works all your muscle groups - legs and arms- while also twisting your torso so it works your waist too.
It'll get you ready for tennis too - in terms of improving your hand-eye coordination and facility with the racquet.

I also really like to rollerblade- that'll work your legs, hips, and butt. And again, it's fun - you can do it all by yourself and there's no expensive equipment to buy (just skates).

And these are both things you can do for the rest of your life - I've been doing both of these activities since I was ten or twelve years old.
Kimaya

Wed 30 Nov, 2011 01:00 am
@warriorbaby423,
I think to be fit we need to have proper diet and proper workout on regular basis.
Jeniifer

Mon 20 Aug, 2012 07:45 am
Don't grab the eatables all in one time, make a habit of eating in some intervals. Also, eat greens more. Exercise as per your diet. I think these are the essential things to know inorder to stay fit.
0 Replies

davidmartin414

Thu 23 Aug, 2012 05:49 am
try balance diet and exercise
0 Replies

harveysmith27

Fri 24 Aug, 2012 04:19 am
Stay Fit is not hard task task which we can't do.
can't say this. If you want to stay fit and fine then simply
do exercise on daily basis and avoid the junk and oily food. Because these things having more calories and side effects too which makes us fatty.
0 Replies

joanne001

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 08:47 am
@warriorbaby423,
I think taking smaller meals at every 3 hours does not keep the metabolism up and prevent fat-gain but also maintains a steady level of energy throughout the day while minimising lethargy & indigestion. Go for simplest forms of bodyweight exercises (calisthenics) that can be performed by anyone at any place without using any exercise equipment. Make sure you get a sound sleep at least 6-7 hours .
0 Replies

ennysmith

Wed 29 Aug, 2012 05:45 am
@warriorbaby423,
You must go to gym & control your diet.I am sure you fill fit & fine
shamas72

Tue 9 Oct, 2012 04:19 am
@ennysmith,
i play cricket to best exercise to stay the fit and i also go to the gym to exercise for my fitness level is well, i suggest every person to any activity perform who to the your fitness level is maitain
0 Replies

daisygrace

Thu 11 Oct, 2012 12:14 am
@warriorbaby423,
I think you should go for outdoor activity like playing games, walking and running which are help you to use weight as well as you feel good of doing this.
When you take diet go for healthy not spicy and junk food which are very harmful and reason of increasing weight.
0 Replies

larrystephens25

Fri 19 Oct, 2012 01:06 am
@warriorbaby423,
It is easy to stay fit when on a time-crunched schedule; just follow these seven simple principles:
1. Smaller, more frequent meals

2. Exercise whenever you can

3. Adequate sleep

4. Refrain from smoking & alcohol

5. Maintain an erect posture

6. Eat fruits at least twice a day

7. Eat veggies of varied colours at least twice a day
yogachic

Thu 25 Oct, 2012 03:02 pm
@warriorbaby423,
I stay fit by working out every day and watching what I eat. Since you're not grown yet, I would suggest you talk to a doctor about dietary needs, as excessive dieting could stunt your growth. As for exercise, find something that you like! Personally, I like yoga.