UPON JULIA'S CLOTHES.
by Robert Herrick

WHENAS in silks my Julia goes,
Then, then, methinks, how sweetly flows
That liquefaction of her clothes.

Next, when I cast mine eyes and see
That brave vibration each way free ;
O how that glittering taketh me !

One might suppose, I suppose, that feminists have left us nothing to concentrate upon except biological considerations.
0 Replies

chai2

Tue 25 Aug, 2009 05:50 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

chai2 wrote:
I wear regular underwear under them

you wear underwear under underwear

that's mmmm interesting
yeah, that's it, interesting

Well, I wear them almost every day, for work.

Since they are like pantyhose, I hand wash whatever pair I wore that day. I'd much rather wear a pair of panties under them, which I toss in the hamper, and just rinse the days dust and dry skin cells off the spanx, than to have to give them a more thorough washing.

At $9 (or God forbid) or $18 a pop, I want them to last as long as possible, so I try to be gentle with them.

When you wore (or ever wore) pantyhose, didn't you wear your regular undies under them?
Linkat

Tue 25 Aug, 2009 10:31 am
@glitterbag,
I agree - crocs or copy cat crocs - another thing I wrote about. On little children ok, but no self respecting adult should be caught dead in them.

I suppose if you use them in the backyard to garden or some crap like that - I certainly wear stuff that is not of the appropriate fashion sense in the yard or in the house so maybe ok where no one will see you.
0 Replies

Linkat

Tue 25 Aug, 2009 10:32 am
@aidan,
yeah they are modern day girdles.
0 Replies

Linkat

Tue 25 Aug, 2009 10:33 am
@chai2,
nope no steinmarts - but there is one in montana - been to it. And I have recently seen some advertisements for it - wonder if we will be getting some.
0 Replies

maporsche

Tue 25 Aug, 2009 01:36 pm
What do you guys think if you saw someone wearing these around town (with shorts/jeans/etc)?

http://xe6.xanga.com/0f6c8114d0c37185847598/b142581237.jpg
Cycloptichorn

Tue 25 Aug, 2009 01:41 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

What do you guys think if you saw someone wearing these around town (with shorts/jeans/etc)?

I almost bought those!

Cycloptichorn
aidan

Tue 25 Aug, 2009 01:43 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
When you wore (or ever wore) pantyhose, didn't you wear your regular undies under them?

I did, but my roommate in college used to call me, 'the girl of a thousand underpants' - sort of a play on 'Anne of a thousand days...'

In other words, she didn't wear underwear with pantyhose - thinking they were unnecessary and that I was extravagant for doing so.
aidan

Tue 25 Aug, 2009 01:49 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
- Pet peeve? STUBBIES!!! http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/commercials/2008/1/l&p-stubbies.jpg

I saw a guy wearing short shorts today and riding his bike - he had very nice legs- so I think he was wearing those short shorts on purpose - I didn't know they were called stubbies though.

I can picture stubbies worn with these:
Quote:

I kind of like the look of those, but I bet they wouldn't feel so hot if your feet got sweaty.

Like I always liked those watershoes in theory and in practice, when you were in fact in the water - walking on rock bottom rivers or lakes or whatever, which I like to do- but when you get out of the water- they feel so awful on your feet. I learned pretty quickly to bring along another pair of shoes.
I bet you'd run into the same problem with those things - because you can't wear socks under them, unless you buy a little pair of those toe socks - and that would look really wild- especially on a guy.
0 Replies

maporsche

Tue 25 Aug, 2009 01:51 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Joe Nation had me read a book called Born to Run (which is a great book BTW), and they mention those shoes.

I bought them that weekend and have been wearing them everywhere I can since then; I've logged about 20 miles running in them in the last 3 weeks, and I'm gradually building up my milage.

I do own some toe socks as well, but when you have the shoes on you they obviuosly look like any other pair of socks.

They're called Vibram Five Fingers. Great for your feet.

My fiance hates them; thinks they look like scuba shoes.
Rockhead

Tue 25 Aug, 2009 01:52 pm
@maporsche,
my toes would get lonely, I think...
0 Replies

aidan

Tue 25 Aug, 2009 01:56 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:

They're called Vibram Five Fingers. Great for your feet

Can you wash them?
ehBeth

Tue 25 Aug, 2009 02:08 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I'd probably get a fierce case of the giggles. I wouldn't be able to look the wearer in the eye - I'd be trying too hard not to laugh really loud.

They might be fabulously wonderful to run in, but they look like little old ladies winter church gloves (esp with that crossover strap)
chai2

Tue 25 Aug, 2009 02:10 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Quote:

I did, but my roommate in college used to call me, 'the girl of a thousand underpants' - sort of a play on 'Anne of a thousand days...'

In other words, she didn't wear underwear with pantyhose - thinking they were unnecessary and that I was extravagant for doing so.

well.....no one needs to know if you're wearing choney's under your pantyhose.

you think all that beauty and sleekness occurs naturally?

heh...
that reminds me of my ex-husband.
While we were dating, he seemed very happy with my appearance, and was proud to be seen with me.

That's because he had no clue as to what women do, to one extent or another to look like they've done nothing to look great.

After getting married, he was appalled to learn that I would beg him to leave me alone for just 10 minutes so I could get ready to go out. He thought I should be just ready to walk out the door any time.

So, I decided to just walk out the door with him, without doing anything, ever.

Then, he wanted to know why my hair was a mess, and why my clothes were wrinkled, and why didn't I smell like perfume anymore? Rolling Eyes

believe me, I'm not high maintenance, but I do like to have 10-15 minutes to make myself presentable.
George

Tue 25 Aug, 2009 02:11 pm
Who was it said:
"She looks like she was poured into her clothes and forget to say 'When'".
0 Replies

aidan

Tue 25 Aug, 2009 02:18 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
That's because he had no clue as to what women do, to one extent or another to look like they've done nothing to look great.

Yeah - that reminds me of how all the bras are padded these days so all the young girls are wearing padded bras - my daughter included.
I mean, I'm the one who washes them and these things could stand up by themselves they're so padded.
And I said to her, 'You know - when you get a boyfriend, he's gonna look at you with your shirt on and be expecting one thing- and then you're gonna take your shirt off and he'll find something else entirely.'
But when you go to the stores - you can't FIND a bra in 32/34 that's not padded (unless it's a sports bra that makes you look like you've had your chest bound).
It's like the manufacturers are saying, 'You will NOT be small breasted.'
So all the guys are gonna be in the same boat - because all the girls are padded these days.
maporsche

Tue 25 Aug, 2009 02:22 pm
@aidan,
Sure can.

They have really, really, really thin soles, so it's almost like you're walking barefoot (well, about as close as you can get w/o being barefoot).

Someday soon, I'm hoping I'll be able to run a marathon barefoot.
maporsche

Tue 25 Aug, 2009 02:22 pm
@ehBeth,
I've had that response (from a drunk girl one night).

I do get a lot of "Wow, those are really cool. Are they comfortable? etc" comments too (many more of them actually).
0 Replies