• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 5,713 • Replies: 29
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 07:51 am
@cjhsa,
I did not care much for the dress, either. So what? She probably would not care for what I wear.

The only thing that I did notice was that the dress was black and red. Red is well known as a "power" color. Together with black, what do you get? Black power!
Whether the choice was made consciously or subconsciously, I think that Michelle is very much involved with the fact that not only did her husband win the presidency, but that a black man won it.

Hey, this was her evening, as well as her husbands'. Let her enjoy it.
cjhsa

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 07:53 am
@Phoenix32890,
They left wing media is already comparing her to Carla Bruni and even Jaqueline Kennedy. All I have to say about that is http://bestsmileys.com/puking/2.gif
Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:05 am
@cjhsa,
Jackie had a style that very few can match. She was born into wealth, and was trained from childhood as to how to dress. Michelle is a pretty lady, but I think that her fashion sense could be improved.

I don't know why I am even writing this. In general, it pisses me off when women figures, whether political or media, are judged by their clothing. Did anyone mention Obama or Biden's suits?
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:08 am
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I did not care much for the dress, either. So what? She probably would not care for what I wear.

The dress is butt-ugly, but you aren't getting cjhsa's commentary, which is a bit uglier.

Quote:
The only thing that I did notice was that the dress was black and red. Red is well known as a "power" color. Together with black, what do you get? Black power!
Whether the choice was made consciously or subconsciously, I think that Michelle is very much involved with the fact that not only did her husband win the presidency, but that a black man won it.

Hell of a lot of projection, in that regard not unlike cjhsa's projection. But cjhsa isn't going for "black power" he's going for "black widow".
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:12 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
Hell of a lot of projection, in that regard not unlike cjhsa's projection. But cjhsa isn't going for "black power" he's going for "black widow".

Whether you agree with cj's POV or not, you must admit you would be hard-pressed to find a better "black widow" Halloween costume.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:25 am
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:

Robert- I am simply relating my initial gut reaction to the dress. I have seen a lot of politician's wives on TV. They are usually in monochromatic suits or dresses.

I must be a bit daft, or maybe it is too early in the morning. It finally dawned on me what you were referring to about cjhsa's commentary. It flew right by me at first.
Embarrassed
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:57 am
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Jackie had a style that very few can match. She was born into wealth, and was trained from childhood as to how to dress. ? te.
With Oleg Cassini as her primary couturier how could she go wrong. I do not mean this to in any way take anything away from her personal taste and sense of style.
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:59 am
So, Cindy McCains grocery bag dress was better?

I dont like that dress either . Dont get me wrong.. but frankly,.that ugly brown bag was just... horrid..
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:00 am
@Phoenix32890,
Mrs. Obama's choice of dress was unfortunate because shiny red blurs via the TV camera. Such blurring caused the shiny red bulge, making her appear as if she were pregnant.

That's why clothing sellers never use red samples photographed by TV cameras because the dress details are blurred.

BBB
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:06 am
Does not Biden's wife deserve a single mention? I find her dress to be simple, yet elegant.
cjhsa

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:19 am
@Robert Gentel,
Look rg, I didn't pick the black widow dress... Michelle and her stylist did.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:34 am
@Phoenix32890,
Quote:
I don't know why I am even writing this. In general, it pisses me off when women figures, whether political or media, are judged by their clothing.

By choosing such a dress the Obama Team invited us to judge that way. A lot of symbolisms can be brought into play. It was apparent that the striking red/orange patches covered the primary feminine characteristics: a technique Mae West often employed.

That dress was no casual choice. High powered people can be expected to have high powered ideas.

She could have dressed in a lot of different ways. She should have powdered her kneecaps.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:31 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
Agree- Ms. Biden's outfit was lovely.
cjhsa

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:34 pm
@Phoenix32890,
If you watched that entrance Ms. Biden got a little out in front then the linebacker put her in her place.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:38 pm
I like Michelle's dress. It shows uniqueness. It shows "I gotta be me!" It shows flair. Who cares if it's ugly?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:49 pm
@Phoenix32890,
One daughter has on a black dress and the other daughter had on a red dress.

Obama had on a tie that was red and some other color.

Their handlers always color-coodinate the outfits for the 4 Obamas. WHY???
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:50 pm
@cjhsa,
God...She's no JACKIE...
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:51 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Jackie had a style that very few can match. She was born into wealth, and was trained from childhood as to how to dress. Michelle is a pretty lady, but I think that her fashion sense could be improved.

I don't know why I am even writing this. In general, it pisses me off when women figures, whether political or media, are judged by their clothing. Did anyone mention Obama or Biden's suits?

Obama's figure has been mentioned numerous times in the press and has been described as IDEAL for suits.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:53 pm
@flyboy804,
flyboy804 wrote:

Phoenix32890 wrote:

Jackie had a style that very few can match. She was born into wealth, and was trained from childhood as to how to dress. ? te.
With Oleg Cassini as her primary couturier how could she go wrong. I do not mean this to in any way take anything away from her personal taste and sense of style.

The issue is TASTE. Some babes have it like Jackie and then there are others...