Pet peeves in women's (or men's) wear

spendius

Tue 15 Sep, 2009 05:20 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
People are so smart when you think about it. I mean who first took a piece of string and two sticks and figured out how to knit and perl? That sort of thing never ceases to amaze me.

It's even more amazing that they can knit and pearl whilst watching Coronation Street, carrying on a conversation about healthy diets and delicious foodstuffs, eating chocolates and soaking their feet in a bowl of hot water without them missing a stitch and so fast it is impossible to believe that the eye cannot be deceived by the quickness of the hand.

If they had asked Einstein to do that he would would have looked at them mesmerised and he made nukes and headaches and the knitters and pearlers make warm, snuggly clothing with love as their motive.
0 Replies

JPB

Tue 15 Sep, 2009 05:27 pm
@mac11,
The wedding was lovely --- nice couple, I wish them well. FofG and MofG had some drama but it was mostly under the table. I stayed comfortably invisible in a sleeveless black dress and pearls. Pics, over my dead body. Wink
spendius

Tue 15 Sep, 2009 05:39 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
FofG and MofG had some drama but it was mostly under the table.

Not sufficiently dramatic as to send for the Vice Squad I hope.
0 Replies

mismi

Tue 15 Sep, 2009 05:39 pm
@JPB,
It sounds perfect.
0 Replies

mac11

Tue 15 Sep, 2009 06:17 pm
Yes, it sounds lovely. And I'm not a bit surprised at the lack of pictures. S'ok, I have a good imagination.
0 Replies

disk

Mon 8 Feb, 2010 02:05 am
Do not like do not wear Well, He He, but wore the dew, and transparency of the really attractive to the eye.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:10 am
Men's fashion dislike: Party frat shirts... uh... It's the only name I could come up with. They basically are screenprinted button ups designed for guys who want to look fashionable, but lack creativity.

Here's an example I found. Just too much **** going on.
http://www.asia.ru/upload_images/138/137135/1584804.jpg

Women's fashion dislike: Uggs combined with sweatpants. Particularly terrible when things like "juicy" are written on the ass... even a nice ass.
http://pastormarkschilling.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/102430479_36b22d3d97.jpg

T
K
O

spendius

Mon 8 Feb, 2010 02:50 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
even a nice ass.

Do you have aesthetic tastes in asses TK? Shame on you. I knew you were an MCP.

0 Replies

aidan

Sun 7 Mar, 2010 05:53 am
@Diest TKO,
They do look comfortable though. But now I'm always thinking how disgusting their feet must feel in them though because my sister bought my niece a pair for Christmas and they were too small for her. As I was there, and my feet were a little smaller than my niece's, they offered them to me.
I don't like the way they look, but they told me they were really comfortable and I love a comfortable shoe, so I tried them on. I said, 'They're a little tight and I know if I wear socks, they'll be too tight.'

They both said, in unison- 'You don't wear socks with Uggs.'

I was like, 'What! You don't wear SOCKS?!' Because they have this fur stuff inside and all I could picture was that getting all sweaty and disgusting and matted down and then continually putting your bare feet back into those boots. Very unappealing- to me anyway.
But everyone else seems to really like them.

The other trend I noticed at Christmas time is that teenage girls are going out to the mall, etc...not only in sweatpants and Uggs - but pajamas and slippers! They were wearing slippers outside in a foot of SNOW!

I was laughing and laughing at how silly that was until my daughter, having seen this new fashion trend with me, decided to try to go to the airport and sit on the plane from New York to London in her pajamas and slippers. I said, 'No - put some clothes and shoes on.'
She said, 'But it's an overnight flight- we'll be sleeping anyway.'
I said, 'I'm not going out in public with you in your pajamas and slippers. Put some clothes on.'
So she did - but jeez these trends are catching.

*I once saw a girl with sweatpants that said 'Juicy Bitch' across the butt. That's another fashion trend that made me helpless with laughter.
0 Replies

Williana

Tue 3 Mar, 2015 03:36 pm
@Chumly,
Well tight pants are nice, here in Brazil they are normal. BUT, if the woman has more than a couple kilos over weight, muffin tops that hang down, that is another story. That is when, I wish those old Polarid câmeras were still around. I would take a Picture, in 60 seconds hand it to her with the following comment.

As apparently you do not use a mirror, I thought you might like to see what we see in front of us, and try hard not to gag or laugh. Kind of harsh, but think some women have no sense at all.
0 Replies