Barney Frank, could e be right?

parados

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 09:40 am
@Brandon9000,
So Brandon, I see you have decided to use Nazi tactics again to try to make an argument.
ebrown p

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 09:41 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon... the question she asked was "Why do you continue to support Nazi policies?"

If you were asked this question, how would you respond?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 09:42 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:

Brandishing a Nazi poster is stupid and not helpful, but I do note that Frank refused to do anything but make insults, and, in particular, didn't support his position with reasons.

Of course he did; he supported his position on health care with many detailed reasons and logical arguments. However, the lady in question asked him why he was a nazi or somesuch. You don't have to respond to **** like that.

Now, quit being a tosser and find some topic more worth arguing about.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 09:47 am
@old europe,
The woman could - but I am assuming she is most likely trying to get a rise out of Frank.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:00 am
@Brandon9000,
Your argument fails on the premise that everyone can be engaged in useful dialog. That premise is demonstrably false. Therefor, one must use one's judgment to determine who should be engaged in debate, and who should be ignored.
panzade

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:05 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
We have no information about that

We have plenty of information about that...be a mensch and admit it.

I'll admit that Barney took the low road...he'd be better off ignoring the insulting placard.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:11 am
Barney has served his constituency in Mass for something like 30 years, I assume he isn't going to change his demeanor now.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:12 am
@panzade,
Quote:

I'll admit that Barney took the low road...he'd be better off ignoring the insulting placard.

I disagree. Conservative idiocy should be shot down in no uncertain terms. If you ignore them, they will just keep coming back.

I find it funny that this woman basically compared Barney Frank, who is Jewish and openly homosexual, to the Nazis... Yet Brandon et. al. get all bent out of shape that a conservative was compared to a piece of furniture.

(in my opinion, the dining room table has a right to be upset).

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:13 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Quote:

I disagree. Conservative idiocy should be shot down in no uncertain terms. If you ignore them, they will just keep coming back.

Totally and 100% right. This 'take the high road' bullshit doesn't work with a group of people who aren't interested in facts.

Cycloptichorn
panzade

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:26 am
@ebrown p,
Quote:
If you ignore them, they will just keep coming back.

hah...if you react to that crap...you'll see a ton more.
ebrown p

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:28 am
@panzade,
Quote:
hah...if you react to that crap...you'll see a ton more.

Which is absolutely fine...

It turns out that when your opposition acts like that, it helps you win elections.

(maybe this is a win-win situation)
panzade

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:30 am
@ebrown p,
Quote:
It turns out that when your opposition acts like that, it helps you win elections.

utter nonsense...

But I'll add, Barney was very humorous in his responses...gotta love the guy.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:42 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

So Brandon, I see you have decided to use Nazi tactics again to try to make an argument.

I see that your primary methodology is still trying to shift the conversation to the poster.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:43 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Brandon... the question she asked was "Why do you continue to support Nazi policies?"

If you were asked this question, how would you respond?

That was an exceptionally stupid remark, and I cannot really know without being there, but I think I would probably ask, "What do you mean?"
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:44 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Your argument fails on the premise that everyone can be engaged in useful dialog. That premise is demonstrably false. Therefor, one must use one's judgment to determine who should be engaged in debate, and who should be ignored.

But before you decide that someone cannot be engaged in reasoned argument, you need to try to do so at least once.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:44 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Quote:
We have no information about that

We have plenty of information about that...be a mensch and admit it.

What information do we have which tends to support that?
georgeob1

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:45 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

ebrown p wrote:

Quote:

Totally and 100% right. This 'take the high road' bullshit doesn't work with a group of people who aren't interested in facts.

Cycloptichorn

A couple of very telling admissions here. It does bring to mind some of the bullying and domineering features of some unlamented political movements that were discarded in the last century.

However, some of Barney's constituents in Fall River Mass. do love him. Interesting place - one of the seriously large concentrations of stupid ugly people in the country -- truly an eddy in the genetic stream of American life.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:48 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

ebrown p wrote:

Quote:

Cycloptichorn

A couple of very telling admissions here. It does bring to mind some of the bullying and domineering features of some unlamented political movements that were discarded in the last century.

However, some of Barney's constituents in Fall River Mass. do love him. Interesting place - one of the seriously large concentrations of stupid ugly people in the country -- truly an eddy in the genetic stream of American life.

Oh, mmm hmm. No hyperbole or exaggeration at all here. Is everything so black-and-white in your head?

I'm not sure what benefit you get out of describing Frank's district as 'stupid and ugly.' I guess it makes you feel good, or somethin'.

Cycloptichorn
georgeob1

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:53 am
@Cycloptichorn,
But I didn't " describe the district as stupid and ugly". Read what I wrote.

Have you ever been there??
Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 10:55 am
I only thank goodness that among all the politically correct numb-nuts legislators, endlessly trying to be all thoings to all constituents, there is a Barney Frank who tells it like it is. No bullshit fake courtesy towards idiots who deserve no such courtesy. More power to him!
0 Replies