Ha, Ha. It's Back! The A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

wandeljw

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 07:50 pm
@Abel Conklin,
Abel Conklin wrote:

Looks like the Colts are the cream of the crop. I still am not buying into the Saints as being a legitimate team -- defense is suspect.

Welcome to A2K, Abel. How do you feel about the Vikings?
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 10:43 pm
@Foxfyre,
Yeah, but that was a couple of lifetimes ago. I left Netawaka for Manhattan in 1969, and left Manhattan for North Dakota in 1975. I've now been in Salmon for 32 years as of a week ago. I've only been back a couple of times since then. Things look a whole bunch different now, especially in (what used to be) Aggieville.
spendius

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 08:37 am
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
Thurs 11/12:
Chicago @ San Francisco PICK DUE BY THURSDAY AT 8 PM ET

I checked the fixtures J. and it gave Steelers @ Broncos for Thursday.
panzade

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 08:39 am
@spendius,
Quote:
I checked the fixtures J. and it gave Steelers @ Broncos for Thursday.

They're playing tonight
spendius

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 09:01 am
@panzade,
I'm skenning.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 09:50 am
@wandeljw,
Quote:
. . . making a pick in a Bears game has suddenly become more difficult . . .

To say nothing of watching one.
wandeljw

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 10:19 am
@George,
George wrote:

Quote:
. . . making a pick in a Bears game has suddenly become more difficult . . .

To say nothing of watching one.

I agree with you, George. Yesterday's Bears game was painful to watch.

Wait.....wasn't the moon landing faked on a movie set by the government? Maybe yesterday's Bears game didn't really happen.
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 10:25 am
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:
I agree with you, George. Yesterday's Bears game was painful to watch.

Not painful at all, actually. It was a thing of beauty.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 01:08 pm
Good afternoon...Yes, Spendius, the game tonight is the Steelers vs the Broncos to end Week #9. I posted the schedule for Week #10 on Sunday rather than Tuesday because of the early game on Thursday, Nov 12th, between the Bears and the 49er's.
I knew it would create some confusion. It always has in prior years but is necessary to give people who travel etc time to get the pick in for that game.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 01:20 pm
Ouch. We got hurt badly as a group by our picks in 2 of the 4 late games plus the Sunday night game.
I hate to tell you this but McGentrix and Maporsche have gone 9-3 so far. One of them will go 10-3. McGentrix has the Steelers while Maporsce picks the Broncos in tonight's game. the rest of us are 8-4, 7-5 or 6-6 with one game left.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 01:24 pm
@realjohnboy,
Yah, I've fired my bookie as of today. Back to the Ouiji board. It was doing a much better job of picks.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 01:33 pm
@realjohnboy,
If I had looked at a weather forecast, I might have given more credibility to the Chargers and Cowboys. I really didn't expect seventy-degree weather in the northeast, which made the home teams (at least, so I think) more susceptible to good passing games from San Diego and Dallas. But that's what I get for doin' my own thinkin'!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 01:38 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Ouch. We got hurt badly as a group by our picks in 2 of the 4 late games plus the Sunday night game.
I hate to tell you this but McGentrix and Maporsche have gone 9-3 so far. One of them will go 10-3. McGentrix has the Steelers while Maporsce picks the Broncos in tonight's game. the rest of us are 8-4, 7-5 or 6-6 with one game left.

I might win a week? Woot!
farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 01:54 pm
@McGentrix,
The Eagles always break my heart on really important games. This was a tie breaker with the "Boys and the Boys won .

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 03:17 pm
@realjohnboy,
ooh that's a big of ugly-bugly
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 03:28 pm
@Region Philbis,
I must've replayed that stiff-arm a dozen times.
Classic.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 03:29 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Next week is #10. The NFL for several weeks has scheduled games for Thursdays.
We usually post the schedule for the week on Tuesday, after the completion of the prior week. The Thursday game would leave a very narrow window of time for yall to post if we go by the "picks must be in by the start of the 1st game" rule.

This week you can choose the complete schedule or just pick the Thursday game, filling in the rest of your picks by Sunday.

The Schedule for Week #10:
Thurs 11/12:
Chicago @ San Francisco PICK DUE BY THURSDAY AT 8 PM ET
Sunday 11/15 -early:
Detroit @ Minnesota
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh
Jacksonville @ NY Jets
New Orleans @ St Louis
Buffalo @ Tennessee
Tampa Bay @ Miami
Atlanta @ Carolina
Denver @ Washington
late:
Kansas City @ Oakland
Dallas @ Green Bay
Seattle @ Arizona
Philadelphia @ San Diego
Sunday night:
New England @ Indianapolis
Monday night:
Baltimore @ Cleveland (+ score)

Again, there is no need to panic, folks. I just need to get yall's picks for the Bears vs 49ers game by Thursday afternoon.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 10:33 pm
go steelers!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 10:44 pm
Steelers win. I am happy.
McGentrix wins. I have never liked him.
Ragman

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 11:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
What a team they are. Mendenhall put on a quite show, but Troy Palamalu is the 'difference'. What a BEAST he is! Big ben...he came up smelling like a rose. You gotta love a guy that knows how to win and win the big ones.

Mark my words, this Steelers team will not get beaten unless it's by a superior team that plays the same 110% energy and skill level and who's peeking like they are. That would be Colts, Patriots, Saints and, if MN plays the tight defense, they will be there, too.

Bengals are playing out of their minds now, but that won't carry them too far, maybe to playoffs...but it will take a lot of luck. They now will face Balt and then Pitt. Good luck, Tigers.
0 Replies