Ha, Ha. It's Back! The A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 09:19 am
@maporsche,
No problem. You came in before Miz Cowdoc!
0 Replies

Miz Cowdoc

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 10:07 am
@realjohnboy,
Green Bay
San Diego
Indy
Pitt
New England
San Fran
Carolina
Oakland
Atlanta
Chicago
New Orleans
Giants

Philly 27 -20
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 10:43 am
THE SHOW WILL GO ON
It rained for most of the day Saturday. Sometimes a drizzle and sometimes a driving rain.
Unfortunate. UVA hosted GA Tech in football. UVA got blown out and by the final quarter the stands were empty. The show went on, but there was no audience.
Unfortunate because this weekend is the peak of the fall colors around here. There were lots of tour buses wandering around with passengers disappointed that they couldn't see the cloud shrouded mountains. The show went on, but folks couldn't see it.
Andy/Clubber runs my store on Sundays but he is on tour. Allen would take over. He is an actor and was participating in a frivolous charity Halloween thing: The Haunted Trail. Held on a farm south of town, folks walk a lighted path through the woods, encountering a variety of gruesome scenes. Allen plays a butcher, carving up human corpses into roasts and cutlets and maniacally talking to himself.
After Friday night's performance he was driving home on the curvy Rt 20 right after it started to rain hard. He skidded on the wet leaves and slammed into a telephone pole. 12 stitches to his head. He still managed to perform last night when the skies cleared. The show goes on.
And the show here on the A2K football game goes on!
This week, we see a bunch of obvious picks. All 27 of us have Indy, Green Bay, New England and New Orleans. For some reason Jespah sees Washington beating Philly. Alex, George and Miz Cowdoc choose Oakland over the NY Jets and George, Tico and Clubber think Arizona will top the NY Giants.
We are equally divided (as much as you can be with 27 players) on the Chicago-Cincy game. Minnesota gets 11 votes vs 16 for Pittsburgh and the Atlanta-Dallas game is 17-10.
Ragman agrees with the majority on every game and Jespah, McGentrix, Osso, Fbaezer, Spendius, Rhyss and Panzade are right behind at 1. Wandeljw, George, Fox and Imur see 4 games in total turning out differently then the majority.
The show goes on.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 02:13 pm
@realjohnboy,
Good for SF... I was of course rooting for them while I picked Houston. So, I picked the winner but am happy to see SF do well. Crabtree wasn't bad...
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 02:22 pm
@realjohnboy,
Our weather improved here today nicely (upper 50s and sunny no wind), after having nearly the same weather as RJB did.

Pats did what they were supposed to do. IIn fac, all the early games are pretty consistant and no surprises - so far.

I just finished watching the Steelers-Vikes game Wow, what a game! Maybe the best reg season game or at least the 4th qrtr this year!

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 02:25 pm
10 of us are perfect through the 6 early games. Wandeljw, EhBeth, Fox, ElStud and Imur have 2 wrong. The show goes on.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 02:52 pm
@realjohnboy,
Well, something's bound to go wrong.. as in Miami's winning so far as is Buffalo. Oh, and Cincinnati. Egads.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 03:09 pm
@ossobuco,
Chicago, hapless..
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 03:39 pm
@Ragman,
Incredible weather out here. Pushing fifty degrees, no wind, and not a cloud in the sky. Worked a couple of hundred head up the Pahsimeroi valley and finished by 1:30 MDT. Haven't seen any NFL action yet, but I see Pittsburgh came through for me. I'll catch up with the rest of the league later. I know our aspen and cottonwood are nowhere near as spectacular as JB's forest, but it's still awfully damned pretty in central Idaho.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 03:51 pm
4 of the next 5 wrong.. (just like doctors..)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 03:59 pm
QB Brees for NO rushes for a TD on the last play of the half. Well done.
spendius

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 04:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
Why did the Pat's defender allow the Bucc's receiver such an easy catch for the TD? He stood off him.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 04:43 pm
@Region Philbis,
I wrote:
CB

lol!
ha ha -- can't remember if i meant Chi Bears or Cin Beng... Embarrassed

i deserve a -1 for not noticing this when i made my pick-um's...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 04:50 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Week VII

GBP
SDC
IC (said the blind man)
MV
Bloody .Pates!
HT
BB
NYJ
AF
CB
NOS
NYG
PE (bcos PI might confuse RJB) 27-21

Um. "CB." I read that as Chicago Bears. I could have been wrong. I should have caught that.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 05:03 pm
@realjohnboy,

cincy is up 45-10, under 4 minutes to go.
i'll take the L...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 05:15 pm
And how come some of the players I saw at Wembley were clinically obese and two of the officials. There are no bellies like that in my pub.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 06:05 pm
So the early and late games are over. One night game Sunday and another Monday.
One player here, only one player here, has navigated through all 11 games so far without a single loss. A brilliant performance. Brilliant. And he will, according to my stats, win the week.
Who is it? The guy with the long blond hair and bulging muscles: Johnboy.
Ha, ha.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 06:12 pm
@realjohnboy,
WOW! If I'm reading correctly, RJB hit them all. Congrats!
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 06:46 pm
@spendius,
Did you go to the game, Spendius, or watch it on the telly? Did anyone in the UK really notice?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 07:19 pm
@CowDoc,
Humph. He probably stole the answers.

But way to go, RJB.....impressive.
0 Replies