Ha, Ha. It's Back! The A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 08:51 pm
@Foxfyre,
I hate Dallas.
ElStudHoncho

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 10:25 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

I hate Dallas.

Well, RJB, I've been a Cowboy fan ever since there have been Cowboys. Went through a lot of lean years, but once God decided they were His team too, they have done pretty good.........

They are the B.E.S.T. best of the R.E.S.T. rest and we L.O.V.E. love them all the T.I.M.E. time............they are F.I.N.E. fine on the L.I.N.E. line and we L.O.V.E. love them all the T.I.M.E. time (Old Hamlin, TX Pied Pipers Cheer)

Rah, Rah, Rah.......Sis Boom Bah.........Gooooooooo Cowboys!
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 11:20 am
@ElStudHoncho,

what's up with the new scoreboard?
i read that it's 90' (or 5' higher than minimum) above the playing field, yet punts have been crashing into it...
ElStudHoncho

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 11:53 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

what's up with the new scoreboard?
i read that it's 90' (or 5' higher than minimum) above the playing field, yet punts have been crashing into it...

According to owner Jerry Jones, it is being hit because the punters are actually trying to hit it. This was evident during the pregame warm-ups. It is my understanding that if it is hit during a game, the punt will have to be done again.
panzade

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 02:12 pm
@ElStudHoncho,
me and jonboy are Redskins fans so I don't have to say anymore.

Knowing Jerry Jones, they built the scoreboard 5 feet below the minimum mandated by the NFLhttp://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1475/thinkingm.gif
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 02:27 pm
@panzade,
Now come on Panzade. A Redskins fan? Surely not. NOBODY is a Redskins fan. I mean really.

(I don't disagree about Jerry Jones though.)

Are you joining our 'pick-um- group?
panzade

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 02:36 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
Are you joining our 'pick-um- group?

I might...tho I quit betting and following the league last year...
I might
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 02:48 pm
@panzade,
Aw do....(even if you are a Redskins fan)....

You don't gamble anything here and you don't win anything but bragging rights. Johnboy posts the games for the upcoming week and and all pick the winners for each game. You can actually know what you're doing or use darts or a Quiji board to make your picks. Sometime on Tuesday Johnboy embarrasses us with how badly we did. All you have to do is tag the thread so you can find it, check in sometime before Thursday (in case there's a Thurs nite game) to get the list, make your picks. 10 minutes tops.

If you miss a week no biggie. You don't get thrown out of the club.

Easy.
panzade

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 02:56 pm
@Foxfyre,
you can't throw me out...me and kicky started the club
lmur

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 03:11 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

It's a grammar end-zone out there.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 03:40 pm
Kickycan started this. And Panzade was one of the 6 players that 1st year. I was in. I don't recall who the other 3 were.
I have been, Fox, pming players from the past, inviting them to join in, even if only for a few weeks. Sort of a "reunion" thing - with the hope they will come in and get hooked.
I note that on 8/22 there had been 415 views of this thread and on 8/24 that had risen to 480. A couple of minutes ago the number had risen to 640.
That is great! Clearly, there are a bunch of eyeballs watching this...and we may get a bunch of new and old players as we get closer to kick off of the 1st game on 9/10.
I wrote yesterday that there is no requirement for registration to play. Simply look at the list of games and post here your picks.
I would like to ask that, if you are interested in playing, you let me know by posting here. No obligation. If the number of players spikes, I may have to figure out a way to sub-contract some of the stat work.
Thank you.
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 03:44 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'll be happy to help with stat work if it would help you out and if I have a blow by blow how to do it cheat sheet. (Not too sharp on setting up Excel workbooks etc but can run any program or use any template once it is set up.)

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 03:45 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

I wouldn't throw you out of anywhere Panzade. You make pretty music.
panzade

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 03:57 pm
@Foxfyre,
muahhh...you so sweet
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 03:58 pm
@panzade,
I know. I am aren't I. Smile
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 04:21 pm
I see that that nice-young-man Michael Vick may make an appearance in the Philly preseason game tonight.
panzade

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 04:24 pm
@realjohnboy,
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1310/1232856621_f0fd7c45d9.jpg
0 Replies

ElStudHoncho

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 07:26 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

me and jonboy are Redskins fans so I don't have to say anymore.

Knowing Jerry Jones, they built the scoreboard 5 feet below the minimum mandated by the NFLhttp://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1475/thinkingm.gif

I can't understand why the score board was placed only 5 feet above the minmum though. For the amount of money spent on it, it seems like a little more thought could have gone into it.........and, Hey, sometimes I even like the Redskins a little bit. They were one of my favorite teams before the birth of the Cowboys. Remember when their helmets had a feather along the top instead of a stripe.....and they had that little band dressed in Indian garb?
realjohnboy

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 07:47 pm
@ElStudHoncho,
And for the record, it has been years since I have been a Redskins fan. Back when Theismann was the QB.
Now - for at least 5 years - it is the Steelers. Cool city, on the rebound, great team ethics (ownership and players) and, perhaps as a result, a lot of success.
One of my employees has been a Pittsburgh fan since childhood and - lo and behold - his lady of 5 years is from there.
I am riding that pony now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 08:04 pm
As a kid, I never liked organized sports. Not that I lacked in aptitude. I was a personality type that does not play. In the Navy, I was minding my own business, when a shipmate asked if I cared to make a wager on the Steelers. I had no idea what I was doing, but I backed the Steelers and won ten dollars. The next week, I watched a game. Bradshaw and the boys were so beautiful out there, executing and stomping butt, that I became a lifelong fan. I love several teams, but Pittsburgh is always #1 with me.