Ha, Ha. It's Back! The A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

maporsche

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 03:39 pm
@realjohnboy,
Hopefully I'll be able to pick up 4 games and win this thing. As most football fans know; week 17 is a difficult to pick as week 1 (see Colts in week 16).
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 03:48 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

All 16 games will be on Sunday, January 3rd.

WEEK #17 - The Last Hurrah
Early Games:
Indianapolis @ Buffalo
New Orleans @ Carolina
Atlanta @ Tampa Bay
San Francisco @ St Louis
NY Giants @ Minnesota
Pittsburgh @ Miami
New England @ Houston
Chicago @ Detroit
Jacksonville @ Cleveland
Late Games:
Philadelphia @ Dallas
Kansas City @ Denver
Baltimore @ Oakland
Washington @ San Diego
Tennessee @ Seattle
Green Bay @ Arizona
Sunday Night:
Cincinnati @ NY Jets (+ final score)

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 04:16 pm
Regarding the battle for the title between McGentrix and Spendius...
We have never had anything like this (an allegation of unsportsmanlike behavior) come up before in the 6 years of this game. But there are more than 4 times as many players then in year 1 and this year's race is so, so close.
I have no intention of trying to write a rule regarding who must pick 1st. I leave it up to McGentrix and Spendius to work it out.
I can live with the idea of one or both of them pming me with their picks. I will acknowledge here that I have gotten the pick(s). Changes can be made (due to weather, injuries or anything else). Final picks will be posted on Sunday around 10 am ET. Not 1 pm kick-off time.
realjohnboy

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 04:40 pm
Johnboy's picks:
Indy
Carolina
Atlanta
San Fran
Minn
Pitt
Houston
Chicago
Jack
Dallas
Denver
Balt
San Diego
Tenn
Green Bay
Cincy (28-21)
ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 04:56 pm
@realjohnboy,
as i'm still feeling faint at the thought of dys eating sardines with pasta on his birthday, i'll have to take some recovery time before i can get my list together

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 04:59 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
George won the week by going 13-3. Well done. Edgar, Liontamerx and McGentrix finished at 12-4, while Wandeljw, Rhyss, EhBeth, Tico and Johnboy came in at 11-5. Alex, Ragman, Fox, Panzade, MaPorsche and Spendius managed to go 10-6.

Ah, I beat Spendi this week. About flippin time.

And I have managed to crack 7th place. I am now tied with ........ 3 girls.

realjohnboy wrote:
7) Liontamerx (159-81 .662) has a good week and jumps from 15th.
7) Ehbeth also does well, up from 13th.
7) Tico rises from 12th.
7) Ragman is up 1 from 8th.
7) Fox is also.
7) Miz Cowdoc holds 7th but has a lot of company.
lmur

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 05:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
Colts
Saints
Buccs
Fran
Giants
Steelers
Pates
Bears
Browns
Cowboys
Broncos
Ravens
Chargers
Hawks
Packers
Bengals

Six different from Edgar and a whopping ten from Alex. That cellar is crying out for a new tenant.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 05:34 pm
@realjohnboy,
WEEK #17 - The Last Hurrah
Indianapolis
Carolina
Atlanta
San Francisco
Minnesota
Miami
New England
Chicago
Cleveland
Philadelphia
Denver
Baltimore
San Diego
Tennessee
Green Bay
NY Jets (17-10)

There, these are my picks... or are they? maybe I sent my real picks to RJB and these are merely a ruse...or maybe not...

I do, however, reserve the right to change these picks right up until 12:59pm Sunday.
spendius

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:02 pm
@McGentrix,
It won't do Mac. You obviously don't really understand sporting behaviour. When winning becomes more important that natural justice you have lost it.

You might end up in a situation where the late game on Sunday is one you change your pick on not because of your judgment of the teams but on where you are in the standings. Then it isn't a "Pick-Um" game.

I would like to know whether you revised your picks in week 15 after the result of the Titans game which brought you level with me and thus after this game had started. I think picks at the time of the first game's kick-offs are the only valid ones.

Do you take a peek at your opponent's hand before betting at poker?

The picks up above are meaningless. Just empty words.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:25 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

It won't do Mac. You obviously don't really understand sporting behaviour. When winning becomes more important that natural justice you have lost it.

You might end up in a situation where the late game on Sunday is one you change your pick on not because of your judgment of the teams but on where you are in the standings. Then it isn't a "Pick-Um" game.

I would like to know whether you revised your picks in week 15 after the result of the Titans game which brought you level with me and thus after this game had started. I think picks at the time of the first game's kick-offs are the only valid ones.

Do you take a peek at your opponent's hand before betting at poker?

The picks up above are meaningless. Just empty words.

I am truly sorry you feel this way about a simple game. I have revised my picks a single time, yet you feel cheated somehow. Every week, week in and week out I have been one of the first to post my picks. You have seen every post I have made regarding these games right here on this thread. Look back at week 15, do you see any posts from me revising my picks?

I changed my picks last week based on whom I thought would win, not based on what you, or anyone else posted, just as I have all season. I think that you are doing a bit of projecting and feel guilty about it.
spendius

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:32 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
We have never had anything like this (an allegation of unsportsmanlike behavior) come up before in the 6 years of this game.

Perhaps that is because there hasn't been an incident of unsporting and ungentlewomanly behavior in the 6 years.

I suggest that the revision rule is cancelled. The first picks are the picks. Anybody who wishes to take account of the weather, injuries or anything else can pick as late as they like.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:34 pm
@spendius,
go start your own freakin' thread with your own freakin' rules

freakin' freak

spendius

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:36 pm
@McGentrix,
You're squirming Mac. I know why you changed your picks last week.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:42 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
go start your own freakin' thread with your own freakin' rules

freakin' freak

Look E. The football is played in the same spirit Mac and myself are playing this. If you think that's freaky you really shouldn't be on the thread at all. You should be darning some socks or dusting.
panzade

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:54 pm
@spendius,
that's a rude way to talk to ehbeth spendi. You're really showing your Limey arse
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:58 pm
(edgar pulls up chair to watch the fireworks)
Ooh. Limey arse. Knitting and darning. Cheating. This is beginning to more resemble the smackdown crap than football.
panzade

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 07:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
You gotta understand edgar , that i glossed over the fact that ehbeth belted him one...lol
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 07:28 pm
@ehBeth,
That's a Sicilian dish.. dys is having his with a few anchovies smushed in the butter and olive oil.

Have to read back on the Spendi McGentrix thing, frowns, is he serious?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 07:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, never mind. Much hazzerai over a damned joke.
realjohnboy

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 07:50 pm
@ossobuco,
hazzerai?