Sarah Palin, too weird.

JTT

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 10:21 pm
@georgeob1,
You've been so wrong for so long, Georgeob1, so why change now. Actually, she sounds a lot like GWB.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 10:43 pm
@nimh,
No surprise. She's as inarticulate as ever. You betcha.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 11:02 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:
No surprise. She's as inarticulate as ever. You betcha.

exactly, so how is it presumed that she can manage to headline a TALK SHOW???? I don't see it. She can't handle politics either, she has washed out of that racket. I have no idea what is next. Maybe it is hubbies turn to bring home the bacon.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 12:45 am
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

georgeob1 wrote:
It seems to me that she has been remarkably honest and responsible in her decision and her expressed motives for it. She is acting in a consistency with her expressed values and a candid assessment of the situation

Look at these paras for example:

Quote:
If I have learned one thing: LIFE is about choices!

And one chooses how to react to circumstances. You can choose to engage in things that tear down, or build up. I choose to work very hard on a path for fruitfulness and productivity. I choose NOT to tear down and waste precious time; but to build UP this state and our country, and her industrious, generous, patriotic, free people!

Life is too short to compromise time and resources... it may be tempting and more comfortable to just keep your head down, plod along, and appease those who demand: "Sit down and shut up", but that's the worthless, easy path; that's a quitter's way out. And a problem in our country today is apathy. It would be apathetic to just hunker down and “go with the flow”.

Nah, only dead fish "go with the flow".

No. Productive, fulfilled people determine where to put their efforts, choosing to wisely utilize precious time... to BUILD UP.

So, uh .. she wants to "work very hard on a path for fruitfulness and productivity", so .. she resigns from the only executive governmental office she's ever held.

She wants to "build UP this state and our country", so she resigns as Governor of said state. In order to, instead ... well, that's a bit hazy. To "work for and campaign for those PROUD to be American", in some unspecified way.

Her "choice is to take a stand and effect change", by .. um ... "effect[ing] positive change outside government at this moment in time, on another scale, and actually make a difference for our priorities". We'll get back to you on what that means, and what she's actually going to do that's so much more "fruitful and productive" than, you know, governing a state.

All she can ask now "is that you TRUST me with this decision " but it’s no more “politics as usual”." So that's OK then.

In case you haven't caught on with the redefinition of what words mean, please note the new, Palinesque logic:

• Remaining in office as Governor is the equivalent of "Sitting down and shutting up".
  • Finishing your term as Governor is "a quitter's way out". Actually quitting the office is the opposite.
  • "Hunker[ing] down" and finishing your political term would be "apathetic". Quitting the office prematurely to "work for and campaign" for Americans in unspecified, non-executive ways is taking political responsibility.

Seriously - wtf?

So the totality of your documentation of her bad qualities is that she chose to leave public life. Wow, that's some kind of sin!
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 12:50 am
I think it's absolutely typical that in all of the posts attacking her in this thread there is not one single example given of anything she's done wrong other than attacking liberals and leaving office. Only children attack enemies solely with name calling.
msolga

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 02:57 am
@JTT,
Quote:
You clearly haven't been paying attention, Msolga. Smile

I haven't?

I could have sworn I have!

What have I missed? Enlighten me. Quickly! Wink
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 06:47 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

So the totality of your documentation of her bad qualities is that she chose to leave public life. Wow, that's some kind of sin!

Like Sanford, Palin is leaving her state in a lurch. Sanford just disappeared. Palin had the choice of staying to work for Alaska, making the hard decisions and compromises that governors have to do, or quitting and being in a place where she could stay ideologically pure. The true reasons for her resignation will become more obvious in time, but I really doubt she is leaving public life. If she is really going to retire to her home town and leave public life, then she's only in for mild criticism for cutting and running. If she's going national, then the people of Alaska have a valid complaint. It just seems like being the governor of Alaska was becoming a distraction to Palin and Palin's national ambitions where becoming a distraction to Alaska.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 06:50 am
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Especially if there's a muli-million dollar book deal waiting for you in the living room.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 07:04 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

I think it's absolutely typical that in all of the posts attacking her in this thread there is not one single example given of anything she's done wrong

well, there was that whole being born thing she did, we could have done without that

(the same goes for about 99.9% of all politicians of all political affiliations)
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 07:13 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

I think it's absolutely typical that in all of the posts attacking her in this thread there is not one single example given of anything she's done wrong

well, there was that whole being born thing she did, we could have done without that

(the same goes for about 99.9% of all politicians of all political affiliations)

So, you also want to insult her, but cannot actually dredge up even one single tangible bad thing she did. Hysterical.
sozobe

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 07:15 am
This is too fun.

I don't know why she resigned, but I'm enjoying thinking about it.

So far (limited info) I'm closest to rosborne's thinking. She only makes $125,000/year as governor, she has a real political morass in Alaska that she needs to deal with and which she seems to be handling rather badly so far, she enjoys being a public figure and can't do it in the way she wants to from remote Alaska, and mucho moolah awaits her if she doesn't have to actually attend to those pesky gubernatorial duties.

But may still turn out to be a massive scandal that she's trying to pre-empt. If so, I'd have mixed feelings. It'd be nice to be done with her once and for all, but I think she's such a spectacularly incompetent politician that I kind of like having her be a star of the Republican party.
Intrepid

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 07:15 am
@Brandon9000,
Perhaps you could dredge up something good?
sozobe

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 07:16 am
@Intrepid,
She said thanks but no thanks to that Bridge to Nowhere...

Oh wait.
djjd62

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 07:20 am
@Brandon9000,
i was being serious
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 07:29 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i was being serious

Actually, my point wasn't about your level of seriousness. It was about the fact that you paint her as some type of awful figure but are absolutely incapable of stating one single bad thing she's done. Too funny.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 07:30 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

She said thanks but no thanks to that Bridge to Nowhere...

Oh wait.

Oh, yes? You are alleging wrongdoing? What are you alleging she did exactly?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 07:55 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:

If it turns out she chose to leave public life, then I will agree with you.

If this is another stunt to start a national campaign, then she deserves far more scorn than she is getting.
Advocate

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:24 am
She worked hard to make AK a toxic waste dump, severely damaging the environment in AK. In fact, the number of deformed children doubled during her tenure on an environmental commission and as governor. This, perhaps, could account for Trig's state of being. She told McCain's people to lie about her husband's connection with a seccessionist organization. She played Joe McCarthy during the campaign. Etc.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:31 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

She worked hard to make AK a toxic waste dump, severely damaging the environment in AK. In fact, the number of deformed children doubled during her tenure on an environmental commission and as governor. This, perhaps, could account for Trig's state of being. She told McCain's people to lie about her husband's connection with a seccessionist organization. She played Joe McCarthy during the campaign. Etc.

Of this nonsense, the only substantial accusation is that she told McCain's people to lie. Please provide a link or some other documentation for this accusation.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:33 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Quote:

If it turns out she chose to leave public life, then I will agree with you.

If this is another stunt to start a national campaign, then she deserves far more scorn than she is getting.

Well, leaving public life my wording, not hers. I think she actually said something to the effect that she's a very big target and it's hurting Alaska. I'm not sure this precludes ever being in public life again.