Sarah Palin, too weird.

blatham

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 07:35 am
Michael Tomasky on the loss of a great leader... http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/michaeltomasky/video/2009/jul/25/sarah-palin-alaska-governor
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 04:35 am
Alaska has a brand new "Office of Alaska Governor Sean Parnell" webpage.

http://gov.state.ak.us/

Parnell, Campbell Sworn In
(July 26, 2009, Fairbanks, Alaska) ­- Sean Parnell was sworn in as Alaska’s 10th governor on Sunday before a Fairbanks crowd estimated at more than 5,000. Parnell will complete the term of Governor Sarah Palin, who stepped down on Sunday.

Parnell Seeks to End Information Leaks
(July 23, 2009, Anchorage, Alaska) - Lieutenant Governor Sean Parnell today asked Attorney General Dan Sullivan to provide recommendations on how to prevent leaks of confidential information in ethics probes.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 09:59 am
@Debra Law,
Talk about transparency! LOL
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 07:25 am
Palin, in her goodbye to bumfuckalaska speech, chucked in the ideologically mandatory "evil media" meme with "leave my/his children alone!" topping. Of course, no-one was more responsible for bringing her children into the media equation (for assumed political advantage) than the Palin campaign (she apparently didn't protest). As one writer at the NYRB put it, "She wore that baby like a brooch".
Yankee

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 07:31 am
@blatham,
Quote:
bumfuckalaska

You are an asshole.
djjd62

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 07:32 am
@Yankee,
and you're a dick

i like this game
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 08:24 am
@blatham,
It was kind of cute when Sarah informed us that, since the military fights for a free press, the latter has the obligation to tell the truth about her. Personally, I can't think of many wars in which our military was fighting for a free press. In Iraq, it was fighting for Iraq's oil.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 10:02 am
@Advocate,
Sarah Palin says anything that excites the crowd - even when she says stuff that doesn't make any sense. Shows us how ignorant so many Americans really are!

Scary.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 10:10 am
@Advocate,
And ironically, the "free" press was regularly suppressed by the military in that war.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 10:22 am
@InfraBlue,
That was under the command of GW Bush. Bush also implemented the policy not to show our flag-drapped coffins returning home from Iraq.

0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 12:40 pm
@InfraBlue,
Good point! Your comment brings to mind the exclusion of the press when bodies of soldiers were returned to the USA.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 05:26 pm
@nimh,
I neglected to consider one other possibility: You guys are incredible bores who just want to spout the same tired shite over and over and over and...

Palin was the most recent GOP VP candidate:

By that standard, we should have seen conservatives, in the past, obsess with vitriol about:

Sergeant Shriver
Fritz Mondale
Geraldine Ferraro
Lloyd Bentsen
Joe Lieberman
John Edwards

Actually, three of these former candidates did experience a shite deluge

Ferraro - By fellow Dems when she had the temerity to point out the advantage Obama enjoyed, being black.

Lieberman - By fellow Dems when he had the temerity to support the war in Iraq

Edwards - By his wife when he cheated on her cancer stricken self and fathered a love-child. Interestingly enough, his fellow Dems didn't seem to have a problem with this behavior, and Republicans didn't jump on it with one tenth of the fervor lefties devoted to castigating Palin.

Palin is third, not first in polls addressing GOP choices for 2012, but your assertion that her media prominence assures her being a subject of discussion is accurate. What, however, explains her being constantly savaged by lefties? Obama enjoys even greater media prominence. Are you suggesting the same base and personal criticism Palin is subjected to is justified when directed at Obama and his family?

Oh come on yourself nimh.

Just imagining the hue and cry that would result from any attack on Obama's family is damaging my hearing.

Your pig sticking would only be marginally less obnoxious if you could damp down the decibels of your own squealing when the tables were turned. No chance of that though.

"If I were an intelligent conservative..."
-nimh-

Two clearly hypothetical characteristics.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 05:32 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

You refer to Palin as a threat to the lefties. You must know that, importantly, she is a threat to the country.

Oh I must know, must I?

It surprises me Advocate that a One Trick Pony such as yourself would dump on Palin.

She's far more the supporter of Israel than anyone in the Obama administration.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 06:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
And that makes Palin knowledgeable about foreign affairs? ROFL
It's not so much that Advocate is a one-trick pony, but that you're about as ignorant as they come. You still don't get it about Palin; the conservative miracle that doesn't have a clue on most issues - including our Constitution.

If she got elected as the VP, she thinks she would have been in charge of the Senate. LOL

Any grade school kid knows more!
engineer

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 07:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Why do you think Palin is a supporter of Israel? I don't her having ever made a statement about it prior to running for President. (Nor did Obama before going to the Senate.) Of course she paid lip service to it during the election, but why would you think she cares one way or another about Israel?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 09:01 pm
@engineer,
From politico.com:
Quote:
Jewish Democrats have started to hit Sarah Palin hard for her association with former presidential candidate Pat Buchanan, which seems to have amounted to her being seen wearing a Buchanan button in 1996.

Here's Rep. Robert Wexler of Florida:

John McCain's decision to select a vice presidential running mate that endorsed Pat Buchanan for president in 2000 is a direct affront to all Jewish Americans. Pat Buchanan is a Nazi sympathizer with a uniquely atrocious record on Israel, even going as far as to denounce bringing former Nazi soldiers to justice and praising Adolf Hitler for his "great courage."

At a time when standing up for Israel's right to self-defense has never been more critical, John McCain has failed his first test of leadership and judgment by selecting a running mate who has aligned herself with a leading anti-Israel voice in American politics. It is frightening that John McCain would select someone one heartbeat away from the presidency who supported a man who embodies vitriolic anti-Israel sentiments.

Wexler's case is based on a 1999 AP article, which described her as "sporting a Buchanan button" at a Buchanan visit to the town of which she was mayor.

She promptly responded to the story in a letter to the editor, saying that "the article may have left your readers with the perception that I am endorsing this candidate, as opposed to welcoming his visit to Wasilla. As mayor, I will welcome all the candidates in Wasilla."

[UPDATE: Buchanan himself said tonight on "Hardball" that Palin had been a supporter. Video to come.]
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 01:32 am
Sarah Grabs the Grievance Grab Bag From Hillary

By MAUREEN DOWD

Quote:
Sarah once criticized Hillary for being a whiny presidential contender, arguing that women who want “to progress this country” should not complain about being under a “sharper microscope,” but instead should just work harder to prove themselves capable. Now Sarah is a whiny presidential contender, complaining about the sharper microscope that women wanting to progress this country are under and rejecting advice to work harder to prove herself capable.

Sarah, lacking Hillary’s cerebral side, has decided to wing it, Quayle-style, and go only for the visceral. That’s why she now sounds like a demagogue, embodying grievances and playing to people’s worst impulses.

Hillary’s radiant robustness, on the other hand, even with a sore elbow, makes the dictators in Iran and North Korea we’re so worried about seem like frail, little creatures.

Sarah should follow her own advice to Hillary and work harder to be capable. Until then, she’s all cage, no bird.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 01:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
Keep in mind that the Vice President of the US is the president of the Senate.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 05:33 pm
@blatham,
Let's see, Limbaugh is a multimillionaire with millions of loyal listeners, and by any definition a powerfully influential personage in America.

blatham, on the other hand is a Canadian perhaps-academic selling women's handbags in NW USA.

But Limbaugh is so stupid as to have been the inspiration for a variety of stupidity: Limbaugh-stupid.

I appreciate that you consider a comparison to Limbaugh an insult, but it certainly doesn't bother me.

As for your blatham-smart analogy, do you think the right isn't scared of Obama? Of course it is, and if it wasn't it wouldn't talk about him. Apparently blatham-smart requires there to be a direct correlation between the number of words spoken about someone and the degree to which the speakers fear the subject. I don't think so but then I'm Limbaugh-stupid, not blatham-smart.

Despite owning congress and the White House, who on the right does the left obsess about? Not Roberts, Alito, Scalia or Thomas. Not Boehner or McConnell. Not Romney or Guiliani. Not Gingrich, or Steele. Not Kristol, Krauthammer or Lowry. Certainly not McCain. Not even Limbaugh, Coulter and Hannity, or even the anti-Obama himself, George Bush. (And much to your personal chagrin blatham, not Norqvist)

They obsess over, or if you prefer, incessantly attack and ridicule, Sarah Palin and Dick Cheney.

Cheney is, of course, Lucifer incarnate, but his political career is over. He can only hurt The Expected One from his position of superior experience and knowledge.

Sarah Palin, on the other hand...

My God, the thought that the first female president might be a conservative must turn your bowels to water.

You've done your damnedest to cast every black conservative as some sort of perverted House N***er, and you won the race-race to the White House, and you sure as hell ain't going to allow some painted slut from the hinterlands beat you in the gender-race.

(Better watch out for the American Pym Fortune.)

Your Br'er Rabbit impersonation is a bit off.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 05:57 pm
@roger,
President of the Senate doesn't mean they have any "power" to control the Senate. The only time they can influence anything is in a tie vote; no more, no less.

Quote:
The Constitution gives the vice president few other official duties. The vice president serves as president of the Senate, formally presiding over Senate deliberations. Even this constitutional responsibility is limited, giving the vice president a vote on Senate bills and resolutions only if there is a tie vote. Because of this limited role in the Senate, the vice president rarely comes to the chamber. The Senate selects a president pro tempore (temporary president), who supervises the Senate most of the time. The vice president also presides over a joint session of Congress when it formally counts electoral votes for presidential elections.
0 Replies