Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 03:00 pm
Gov. Mark Sanford today revealed the newest GOP strategy for recruiting young males to the party, join the party, get elected, travel the world, cheat on your wife. The GOP anticipates a %7 increase in party affiliation.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 24 • Views: 10,229 • Replies: 127

djjd62

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 03:04 pm
@dyslexia,
who's been a naughty boy then
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 03:17 pm
Maybe we should just neuter these folks before we let them run for public office. Chinese emperors used eunuchs to run their governments for millennia.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 03:17 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
Gov. Mark Sanford today revealed the newest GOP strategy for recruiting young males to the party, join the party, get elected, travel the world, cheat on your wife. The GOP anticipates a %7 increase in party affiliation.

Someone please get these whining wife cheating douchebag congressmen (and other public figures) out of our face, I don't think I can stand the childishness of it any more.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 03:18 pm
@dyslexia,
You don't know the half of it, Bob - we have also cut a deal with Italian PM Berlusconi to have his party associates come over and teach European psephological methods to our young recruits. Btw, our state legislature in Albany, New York, is the first such large-scale experiment, Sanford was a small test case.
Quote:
If legislators have become skilled at anything, it's the perp walk. At least a dozen have been indicted or imprisoned on assorted corruption charges in the last five years.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=7918014&page=1
dyslexia

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 03:20 pm
@High Seas,
John Edwards is a saint. (with nice hair)
High Seas

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 03:27 pm
@dyslexia,
Try to sell that one to Elizabeth Edwards - and duck quickly, before she has time to respond suitably to your commentary Smile
dyslexia

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 03:42 pm
@High Seas,
and now politico.com reports the tryst in Argentina was a treat paid for by the taxpayers of South Carolina.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 03:49 pm
@dyslexia,
Hurray for democracy!
High Seas

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 03:51 pm
@dyslexia,
Dys - did you look up my previous link? I'm not going to post electoral info on Mr Berlusconi (this is a family-friendly website), but at this point we don't worry about North Carolina all that much; consider what else has been going on with our politicians in recent months:
Quote:
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger said in an interview on '60 Minutes' on Sunday that, if the Constitution allowed it, he would like to run for president. Yeah. Yeah. There's a switch, a Republican being stopped by the Constitution, when does that ever happen?

Hey, bad news for Senator Larry Craig. You know, America's favorite restroom enthusiast? You know Larry Craig. The court has refused his request to change his guilty plea. Remember, he was charged with soliciting sex from an undercover police officer in an airport men's room. He wanted the plea changed from 'guilty' to just 'jiggling the wrong handle.'

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush said in a recent interview that Republicans 'cannot be the old, white guy party.' That's what he said. I believe he made this statement at a national shuffleboard convention in Boca Raton, Florida.

In an editorial this week, Mitt Romney said we should let Detroit go bankrupt. He feels the car industry is not worth bailing out. The only industries that Romney would bail out? The tanning booth industry, tooth polishing industry and hair dye industry. Everything else can pretty much go to hell.

http://www.mustsharejokes.com/page/Jay+Leno+on+the+Republicans

Smile
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 04:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
Edgar - our politicians have to entertain us, that is the spirit of democracy:)
http://emedia.thetimes-tribune.com/Portals/Emedia/blogs/083107coletoon.jpg
Dys - I'm off to Dubai for a while, so if you come up with queries on mathematics, economics, or ancient Greek, just send me e-mail; and most-important-of-all, keep well. Whatever you do don't die, I will never forgive you.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 04:14 pm
Apparently this is what the republicans meant by offshore drilling.....
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 04:17 pm
Fox News has already thrown him out of the R club

http://images2.dailykos.com/images/user/3/fnc_20090624_sanford.jpg
JPB

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 04:17 pm
@JPB,
As they quickly did with Mark Foley

http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/images/item/oreilly-foley-d-2.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 04:18 pm
@JPB,
that's a riot!

Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 04:37 pm
they do that because they know the majority of morons who depend on fox for their news will take it at face value and believe as though it were gospel... they will argue, with total sincerity and belief, that Sanford is a democrat. Assholes. Laughing
farmerman

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 05:02 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
will this hurt his 2012 presidential bid? At least hes not diddling little boys, thats a plus. Isnt it?
ebrown p

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 05:02 pm
Why should this story matter?

Adultery has absolutely nothing to do with your ability to govern.

Setanta

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 05:04 pm
However, hypocrisy has a great deal to do with the Republican party.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 05:05 pm
@ebrown p,
but it may affect your ability to get elected.