ebrown p

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2009 02:35 pm
Anyone who is annoyed by this thread... here is a little something you can do to make your time here worthwhile.

http://www.insidesocal.com/politicsnow/Boxer.jpg%2B.jpg

https://secure.ga6.org/08/boxer2010_contribute

The election is a little more than one year away. Barbara will appreciate your donation made in H2OMan's name. (In fact, the idea of some campaign worker wondering why someone who calls him or herself H2OMan keeps making donations makes me chuckle.)
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2009 04:12 pm
@genoves,
genoves wrote:

Why? You bloviate but give no argument.

Again, it is not a dead horse. It is vital that we keep the picture of the intolerant almost fascistic image of Barbara B oxer before us since she typifies the drive to power, absolute and unharnessed, of the Obama Machine.

You have a problem with power, Geno boy?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2009 04:32 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:
You have a problem with power, Geno boy

Power should be respected. Boxer is smart, does OK for herself, and I don't have any major beef with her. But in this case she was not nice, kinda snotty actually.
Intrepid

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2009 10:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
Aw, bad Senator. You were naughty and not very nice.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2009 10:44 pm
@Intrepid,
Don't look at me Buster, I am not the one who started this thread.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2009 11:33 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
The incidents reported here are rather trivial and not of much consequence. However they do - in my opinion - illustrate some salient characteristics of the esteemed senator from California.

Couldn't agree more george.

While an apology is not required, someone with more grace might nevertheless have extended one to the general for the embarrassment caused. However, someone with more grace would never have made such a display in the first place.

Quote:
She appears to be a classic case of an overcompensating short person. Add to that an inflated sense of self-importance and a strong vindictive streak and you have a rather thoroughly obnoxious character. A few years ago I witnessed more of this behavior in a restaurant in Marin County where we were (by chance) seated just a table away from the senator and her companion. A well-dressen woman walked up to her table, and expressed her admiration for the senator and apparently wanted to shake her hand or something like that. Up until that point I hadn't paid much attention, but very quickly the senator loudly complained that she was at dinner and did not want such uninvited intrusions and demanded to be left alone. The woman, crestfallen and very embarrased, beat a hasty retreat. Boxer then loudly summoned the headwaiter and chided him for allowing such an intrusion, creating an equally big distraction for all the other diners around her. A real eye-roller !

I'm not in the least surprised.

Intrepid

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 04:42 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Don't look at me Buster, I am not the one who started this thread.

You have agreed with everything H2oMan has said and continue to comment. Run out of steam?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 05:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
finn
Quote:
While an apology is not required, someone with more grace might nevertheless have extended one to the general for the embarrassment caused. However, someone with more grace would never have made such a display in the first place

I agree with both observations. I believe Boxer and Walsh made nice afterward and I would bet that Boxer apologized for her ungracious demeanor-

however...

I see where women in powerful positions like Boxer are coming from...there is an inherent hypocrisy still...today , that when a woman asserts herself, she is, according to H20, a bitch and a vagina, whereas a male would be perceived as self assured and aggressive.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 05:49 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
I see where women in powerful positions like Boxer are coming from...there is an inherent hypocrisy still...today , that when a woman asserts herself, she is, according to H20, a bitch and a vagina, whereas a male would be perceived as self assured and aggressive.

the part that gender plays is that when a man is discourteous in this way then he is an asshole, when a woman does it she is a bitch. Women always like to claim that there are two sets of rules for aggressive behaviour, and they are right, but this is not that. This is about lack of civil behaviour by a Senator towards an officer in the United States Army. Only behind closed doors is what Boxer said ok, never in public, no matter what sexual apparatus the Senator happens to have between their legs..
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 05:51 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
she is, according to H20, a bitch and a vagina

LOL.
I never said she was a vagina.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 05:55 pm
@contrex,

I knew you were an idiot, but I wanted you to come out from your closet and admit it in public.

Good job!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 05:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawk
Quote:
the part that gender plays is that when a man is discourteous in this way then he is an asshole, when a woman does it she is a bitch.

let's reverse the roles

BG Boxer testifying to Senator Walsh:

BG Boxer: "No sir"

Senator Walsh: "I would prefer if you addressed me as Senator ...I've earned the title

nary a ripple of contentiousness...
panzade

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 06:01 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O
Quote:

Oh puhleeeeeeze...don't act all coy
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 06:10 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

H2O
Quote:

Oh puhleeeeeeze...don't act all coy

I've never been coy around a vagina...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 06:11 pm
@panzade,

You can play the bitch in privacy of your own home.
panzade

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 06:20 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O
Quote:
You can play the bitch in privacy of your own home.

Your ADD is starting to kick in
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 06:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
This is about lack of civil behaviour by a Senator towards an officer in the United States Army.

i don't see how. she is a senator. nothing wrong with asking someone to address you by your official title during official proceedings.

which is why she calls him "general". not "sir". at least not from the stuff i've seen.

another mock outrage brought to you by the drama queens of the rnc.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/3/31/Drama.jpg

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 06:25 pm
@panzade,

Does this mean you don't want to reverse roles?
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 06:26 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,

The stupid bitch is a US Senator, she should understand and adhere to protocol.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 06:29 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O
Quote:
Does this mean you don't want to reverse roles?

It means I want to get back to the debate on this thread