Mean, spiteful, vindictive and completely pathetic

Wed 7 Jan, 2015 03:53 am
I normally don't have any time for people who start personal threads, and I don't think there's any doubt over what members of A2K I have no time for. However, the other day I noticed someone had tagged a thread "Ehbeth has herpes." They had not just tagged one thread but a staggering 243 separate threads ranging from help with crosswords to advice on gifts, grammar, religious and politics threads.

I'm pleased to report that the moderators have now removed this tag, however, the individual who was so petty and pathetic enough to spend what must have been hours tagging threads has not been able to cover up his tracks.

I asked myself who was petty, vindictive and spiteful enough, and at the same time had so much time on his hands that he could do this. Well there weren't that many contenders, and I found him after about 3 goes.

It could only be Oralloy, someone I have nothing but contempt for, and that contempt is justified. Next time you have dealings with him bear this in mind.

This is a link to his tagged topics.

http://able2know.org/user/oralloy/tags/ehbeth_has_herpes/

Apologies to EhBeth for any distress caused by dragging this up again, but I think people need to know what they're dealing with.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 19,079 • Replies: 205
Topic Closed

Lordyaswas

Wed 7 Jan, 2015 04:58 am
@izzythepush,
I tend to have Dumbledore on ignore most of the time nowadays, as I hate getting dragged into the same ol same ol time after time.

The tagging in this instance is the usual childish stuff that emanates from his efforts here, and ebeth is one of the last people here who deserves such treatment.

Some people just feel all insecure when feisty women are about.
Setanta

Wed 7 Jan, 2015 05:01 am
@Lordyaswas,
I suspect he was making a fool of himself and she had the effrontery to point it out.
Lordyaswas

Wed 7 Jan, 2015 05:03 am
@Setanta,
Exactly.

Long may A2K be populated with such outrageous women.
izzythepush

Wed 7 Jan, 2015 05:08 am
@Lordyaswas,
And he's made an even bigger fool of himself now. Like you, I try to ignore him, but I think some transgressions need to be pointed out.
farmerman

Wed 7 Jan, 2015 05:53 am
@izzythepush,
I fear that the issue may have revolved about something I wrote to Oral. I showed him that the GOP hd openly claimed that voter "ID" in Pa was merely to assure the GOP a win in the state and not, anywhere was it stated that "voter fraud" would be prevented.
I posted a n actual newspaper article from a Pittsburgh paper and Oral merely denied what it said. He was in a counter POV that did not allow him to say "Ok I was incorrect">

Then someone posted a tag line under the thread title. It was not untrue, it accurately described oral. it said "Orallies"
that's all. Then Oral, as if he was outed, started this silly childish attack.
I suggest that Oral get some help or hes going to suffer some episode of road rage when hes carrying and may cause a tragey.

I don't plan to respond to him because he has clearly shown himself to be a liar and I think others realize this also.

BUT, itd be funny to address him as Oralliar from here on.
edgarblythe

Wed 7 Jan, 2015 06:00 am
Just saw this and couldn't resist.
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/JwvHRWGr2KnG4EtEI9Rm2w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTI3MTtpbD1wbGFuZTtweW9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz02MDA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ucomics.com/far150104.jpg
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Wed 7 Jan, 2015 06:42 am
Quote:
. . . a staggering 243 separate threads . . .

Oh, my! Laughing It appears that oralloy has thrown a temper tantrum.

It would never occur to him that he might be drinking his own Kool Aid. After all, conservatives are incapable of being wrong about anything; and they certainly would never consider depriving minority voters of the right to vote. We all know that conservatives have always supported the Voting Rights Act. (The last sentence especially is obviously sarcastic.) Rolling Eyes

We've all heard the old saying that the first casualty in war is truth. The same can also be said of politics.
engineer

Wed 7 Jan, 2015 06:49 am
@izzythepush,
A phenomenally disappointing development. I'm sure he'll be on saying how it was all just an experiment to show the futility and misuse of tags.
Butrflynet

Wed 7 Jan, 2015 12:42 pm
@izzythepush,
Aren't you perpetuating this mean, spiteful, vindictive and pathetic act by creating another thread to highlight what he already boldly boasted about doing here? http://able2know.org/topic/263600-9#post-5854038

How is what you've done any better since you readily point out that the moderators have already gone to great lengths to remove each of the offending tags before you even created yet another billboard to ensure no one missed it?
izzythepush

Wed 7 Jan, 2015 02:05 pm
@Butrflynet,
I never read that particular post. I was highlighting the behaviour of Oralloy, not the insult against EhBeth. I leave the moral high ground to others, I see you've already staked your claim.
firefly

Wed 7 Jan, 2015 06:55 pm
@Butrflynet,
I'm glad izzy started this thread. I wasn't following the other thread where Oralloy boasted about this sort of reprehensible act on his part, and I either didn't see or notice any of the offensively tagged threads.

I think the entire community should be alerted to this sort of thing.

Just removing the offending tags is not enough. Just ignoring Oralloy's posts isn't enough.

Oralloy outrageously abused the privilege of being able to tag threads by perversely using the privilege to try to maliciously attack another member of A2K, on at least 7 pages worth of threads, allegedly as a way of "defending" himself.

I don't recall anything quite like this ever occurring at this site before. It's taken the ever-increasing personal nastiness around here to new heights and sets a terrible precedent.

What I'd like to know is why Oralloy should be allowed to continue posting at this site after pulling this stunt?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 7 Jan, 2015 07:04 pm
Oralloy and I exchanged posts, at least a dozen years ago.
My father flew over the center of the Baker bomb test, and I am no fan of bombs, for themselves or as answers. My father is who I learned from.

On Oralloy posts, to me there are squeaks.
firefly

Thu 8 Jan, 2015 04:03 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I was highlighting the behaviour of Oralloy, not the insult against EhBeth.

I think you made that very clear.

And while you characterized his behavior as, "mean, spiteful, vindictive and completely pathetic," it was also a clear case of one A2K member maliciously using the features of this site for the sole purpose of harassing another member--on a staggering 243 threads.

I really would like to know whether that sort of abuse, both of another member, and the features of this site, is tolerable or acceptable here.

I notice that Oralloy has not posted since 1/5/2015. Has he been suspended or terminated from A2k as a result of this behavior? Does anyone here know?

0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 8 Jan, 2015 04:11 pm

This is the list of the tags that Izzy has written.

Izzy wrote:
Illiterate Racist, Politics, Lets Legalize Rape, Community, Misogyny, Lactating Cat Bondage, Israel, Whinger, News, Crybaby, Mysogeny, Obituaries, Ignore Jtt, Humour, Middle East, Moron, Idiot, Equality, Potatoes, Law, Justice, Palestine, English History, Troll, Whinge, Advertising, Cartoons, Memememe, History, Hawkeye The Pedophile, Humor, Racism, a2k, Science, Lets Legalise Rape, Nazis, 1066, Europe, Mau Mau, Performing Arts, Karakhstan, Hollywood, Google, Carbon, Un, Music To Think By, European Politics, Terrorism, Hissy Fit, Sock Puppet, Blaise Compaore, Jgoldman, Feminism Is Truth, Nutter, Mememeee, Nazi Bullshit, Personal Threads, Shoes, Esoterics, Africa, Liberty, Growlers, Dictatorships, Legalize Rape, Pants, China, 32 Pages Of Help Me, Insecurity, Gay, Football, Zephirin Diabre, Doctor Who, Feminism Is Freedom, Al-Megrahi, Coup, Lickspittle, The Middle East, Victims, Orallies, Mr Dull As Ditchwater, Peta, Cry Baby, Naval-Gazing, Bait, Asia, Sheep, Nazi Troll, Get A Life, General, Salamander, Wanker, He Looked At Me, John Kerry, Pseudoscience, Congress, Whiny, Barack Obama, American Idiot, Arab Terrorism, Pakistan

What hypocrisy.

Orally's threads are the target of many mean, spiteful, vindictive and completely pathetic tags. As seen from his list of tags. Izzy is be behind many such mean, pathetic tags.

The people writing these tags shouldn't be the people whining about them. Either these tags are inappropriate for everyone, or they are fair game.

djjd62

Thu 8 Jan, 2015 04:33 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Orally's threads are the target of many mean, spiteful, vindictive and completely pathetic tags.

perhaps Orally should stop being such a bag of douche
djjd62

Thu 8 Jan, 2015 04:34 pm
@djjd62,
and yes, i spoke ill of my betters Rolling Eyes
maxdancona

Thu 8 Jan, 2015 04:37 pm
@djjd62,
As should a lot of us, including Izzy. You can tell a lot about a person by looking at the tags they give out.

djjd62

Thu 8 Jan, 2015 04:42 pm
@maxdancona,
could be, i rarely tag anything but my own topics and even rarer that i read or use them for any practical function, like searching

0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 8 Jan, 2015 04:49 pm
I'm against spite tags as at least juvenilia and more so, as an impediment to A2k being seen on google (et al) re varied subjects, so that we find more people interested in reasoning discussion. What happens is that we get less of those.

I've tagged ugly, but far as I remember, took it back within a couple of minutes. I get the instinct for enraged tagging, and get the idea that it might warn others. Still, no. Let it die.

I'm long horrified by oralloy's views. I'll add 'some of' since I don't read him now. I don't feed him. Feeding is a big enjoyment here, and I get that too, both the fun and that it is arguable that arguing can set new readers with the idea that we don't all agree with trial balloon name. Or baboon name.

Anyway, what e're those points, doing it in tagging is (smiles) poor form.