Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 08:04 am
Turpin book: The Myth of the English Highwayman, by James Sharpe.

Can one surmise that the exploits of The French Claude Du Vall (aka Du Val, Duval or Duvall) were wrongly attributed to Turpin?

Thank you for your visit, do have a Byzantine day.

BTW: If your visit was not to engage in literary consummation; please leave a comment to make the next person smile…..Or you may well be branded a perv (noun).

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,069 • Replies: 5
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 08:41 am
@Tryagain,
we have a cat named Johnson.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 08:54 am
@Tryagain,
Most likely not.

While Albion may be perfidious, the French are shifty.

The man in question was a woman named Bob.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 10:44 am
I fail to see the relationship between small penises and English literature. But, that's just me. French, yes, I see the relationship.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 11:54 am
Thank you kindly Farmer dude, your words prove to me that evolution simply does not work outside lab rats.

Oh dear sweet refined Deb’s, to say I was delighted to see you would be to hide my discombobulation at your use of strange Australian words mate. Still, call me sexist if you will; but you’re ok for a Shiela.

Ps. I hope the sand storm today passed you by " what a rip-snorter!

Nick, how kind that you should take pity on a poor scribe, it would not be the first time I have received zero replies to a thread. However, be that as it may, have you read ‘The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby’? And talking of ‘Dicks’…What about Moby Dick?

My bad that I thought that the whaling ship The Pequod was French; when in fact she is the fictional 19th century Nantucket whaleship.

Which just goes to prove:

There once was a man from Nantucket
Who kept all his cash in a bucket.
But his daughter, named Nan,
Ran away with a man
And as for the bucket, Nantucket.

Your move…..
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 01:43 pm
I have indeed read ‘The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby’ as well as most of Dickens' classics. And I'm certain Moby was more than well-endowed.
0 Replies