Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 12:38 pm
In another thread

http://able2know.org/topic/212292-1#post-5299706

I thanked Tsar for clarifying the OP; bringing to mind another q that has plagued me from day 1: Why…….

We have so much talent hereabout, as typified by Tsar's excellent response, as usual of other such Internet forums in which I've participated, at least til banned. I can't help ruminating, how remarkable so many highly gifted individuals daily spend hours at a remote website communicating with complete strangers, esp hostile ones

Why hasn't anyone else anywhere ever so excogitated, am I off my rocker

Or am I onto something most profound

It isd like the incredibly incom[petent editing software that can't detect ever-so-obcious misspellings--why am I the on ly caviler

By no means intended slightest affront or aspersion upon a2k, an excellent site serving esp the philo, the young and esl, with interplay and coaction facility best I've experienced anywhere. Yet so many participants; so much effort applied so often so diligently and with such intensity; when it might be directed at broader or more remunerative aims, absolutely confounds me

So you ask what am I doing here writing this

It's a compulsion, an addiction

But then why not do something more constructive

Laziness
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,637 • Replies: 2
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 12:51 pm
@dalehileman,
You're ... welcome Dale.

As for the why I spend hours and hours per week? It's part addiction and a worthwhile crutch. I find it as a necessary outlet for socializing. I consider a lot of people here to be very good friends ... so I don't see the hours spent here as a waste of time.

I just try a bit harder then you when it comes to avoiding/not tempting the interaction of the especially hostile members of the forum.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 01:36 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
You're ... welcome Dale.
As an erstwhile….I know sometimes how it's hard to find just the right term

Quote:
As for the why I spend hours and hours per week? It's part addiction and a worthwhile crutch.
With me, certainly the former, and as to the latter surely a sort of support but not certainly "worthwhile." Once in a purplish Mars, however, with guys like you posting I'm encouraged……...

Quote:
I find it as a necessary outlet for socializing.
I'll go along with that. In the rest of the world you don't find many who can even toujch-thype

Just as an aside tho don't you also find Mac's edit routines just massively incompetent per the typo above and whether or why we're the only ones in the entire digital world who've noticed

Quote:
I consider a lot of people here to be very good friends ... so I don't see the hours spent here as a waste of time.
I'm afraid I make more enemies. Nobody likes the captious caviler, esp the cavilier caviler who sometimes feels he ought to wear kevlar

Quote:
I just try a bit harder then you when it comes to avoiding/not tempting the interaction of the especially hostile members of the forum.
It's most pertinent that you should so respond, Tsar. It's been my experience that some of these guys will attack for no reason whatever, no matter how innocent one's postings, so for that very reason today I make no special effort to conform

Besides who cares about the opinions and feelings of a complete stranger at a remote website
0 Replies