CIA head: Cheney almost wishing US be attacked

Foofie

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 07:03 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
Oh, it's perfectly legal, just immoral.

Let me get this right. You believe that quoting someone else's speculation is immoral?

I'm gonna speculate that Brandon9000 doesn't have a real clear idea of what "immoral" means. Someone wanna quote me on that?

Sort of like screaming behind Henny Penny, "The sky is falling," when Henny Penny already is making a big enough ruckus about the sky falling. Why add to Henny Penny's screaming?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 07:05 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Quote:
The accuser is responsible to prove an allegation.

That would be Mr. Panetta, not Walter. Nevertheless, when you state categorically (as you did) that something is unfounded, you are responsible for the veracity of that statement.

Quote:
Once again, promulgating wild accusations of wickedness against someone is irresponsible, except in a few special cases, e.g. unless one is a newspaper with a responsibility to report all significant occurrences.

Once again, Walter promulgated nothing. In fact, Walter was quoting newspapers which did exactly that. You've got serious logic problems whenever a discussion involves one of your right-wing, tin-pot heroes.

Dipshit.

Not promulgate; DISSEMINATE! For what end? Amuse the left wing liberals on the thread?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 07:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

They attack Walter to draw attention away from Cheney.

They attack Walter because the only thing they know how to do is attack anything that is not their clone.

Shrugs.
Foofie

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 07:19 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I didn't bring anyone in. You've been making such a conspicuous ass of yourself that you attracted the attention.

I'm not here to win or lose anything. But when i see you launch a vicious and unwarranted attack on someone i like, respect and who is in himself unoffending, then you can bet i'm going to crawl all over your punk ass. Too bad, so sad--get over it.

Your use of the word above "unoffending" is subjective I hope. Or, perhaps, my opinion does not count in your world view? I find it offending for a foreigner to have so many opinions about the U.S., considering he does not have to deal with many opinions of German politics. I find it offending that foreigners comment about the U.S., as though the U.S. should listen to foreigners for their usual left wing opinions. Naturally, the leftist ilk here do not take issue with foreigners that question U.S. policy.

I am not sure that everyone on this forum subscribes to the word foreigner. Perhaps, the belief is that everyone on the forum are citizens of cyberspace? Totally bogus.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 07:32 pm
@dlowan,
"They" attack Walter.

Who are "they?"

The only attacking group I can find on this thread are those who are attacking Brandon.

Walter's a big boy, he doesn't need an A2K gang to swarm someone who dares direct a criticism towards him.

Foofie

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 07:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

"They" attack Walter.

Who are "they?"

The only attacking group I can find on this thread are those who are attacking Brandon.

Walter's a big boy, he doesn't need an A2K gang to swarm someone who dares direct a criticism towards him.

Are you looking for a common denominator amongst the Don Quijote's and Walter? Now is not the time to be naive. The country is quite balkanized under the surface, I believe.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 07:43 pm

At least we can all agree that Leon Panetta is a whack job.

This story about Cheney is about as important as the Letterman/Palin farce.
It's all a smoke screen to keep people from looking behind the liberal curtain.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 07:46 pm
@Foofie,
foofie
Quote:
I find it offending for a foreigner to have so many opinions about the U.S.

get over it...I'm sure Walter finds your views on Germany and Europe pretty offensive too

foofie
Quote:
I find it offending that foreigners comment about the U.S.

get over it....your xenophobia will next lead you to declare this thread open to Americans only.
Foofie

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 08:00 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

foofie
Quote:
I find it offending for a foreigner to have so many opinions about the U.S.

get over it...I'm sure Walter finds your views on Germany and Europe pretty offensive too

foofie
Quote:
I find it offending that foreigners comment about the U.S.

get over it....your xenophobia will next lead you to declare this thread open to Americans only.

That would be an improvement. I have gotten over foreigners, knowing how many would come to the U.S. tomorrow if given a chance. Much anti-American sentiment is just sour grapes for being stuck in a country with a lot of history but few dentists.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 08:00 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
Are you looking for a common denominator amongst the Don Quijote's and Walter? Now is not the time to be naive. The country is quite balkanized under the surface, I believe.

I'm afraid I have no idea what you mean.
Foofie

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 08:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Must I spell it out for you Watson? I will not. You have to develop your deductive skills on your own.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 06:50 am
@Foofie,

Quote:
Are you jealous that the British that came to the U.S., in the prior centuries, have a better standard of living for their descendants, than those that stayed in mother England? What is with the lousy dentistry in England?

Fair point. I can't withstand this withering logic and incisive wit.
Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 07:09 am
@McTag,
Subtle, ironic humor is wasted on him, McT . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 07:15 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

This is purest, triple-refined bullshit. Brandon got "swarmed" because anyone with half a brain can see that he launched a vicious, unprovoked attack on the messenger because he didn't like the message. As for being "swarmed," no one concerted an attack on Brandon, his stupidity and viciousness were sufficiently obvious to attract the negative comments he got.

Brandon's a big boy, too, and if he shoots his mouth off in such a scurrilous manner, he needs to be prepared to deal with the consequences.

I am not surprised that you need to have this explained to you. I've always seen you as someone whose brain shuts down whenever partisan ideology enters into a discussion.
JTT

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 10:34 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
though I do think him a truly execrable human being.

That's way way too generous an evaluation, Wabbit.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 10:51 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:

I'll bet you won't tell us how you'd like it if I posted an article quoting someone who accused you of something truly evil and horrible, knowing that it was wild speculation based on nothing.

An illegal invasion of a sovereign country, something that was truly evil and horrible, based on a pack of lies perpetrated by that piece of scum and you think it wild speculation. God you're a tool.
JTT

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 10:58 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Oh, it's perfectly legal, just immoral.

From the evil that you constantly defend, it's clear you don't have the foggiest notion of what constitutes immoral.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 11:05 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
The accuser is responsible to prove an allegation.

Interesting idea. Wouldn't that have been a grand idea, prove Iraq had WMD instead of just killing a hundred thousand or so on a whim.

And you know from immoral.

And you actually have the gall to stand up here and accuse others of a lack of morals.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 11:36 am

Some here have no clue what prompted the US to take action against Iraq for a second time.

Some of you need to do some research and look back at history before shooting off their mouths.

I'm talking to JTT.
JTT

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 11:48 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
With no more evidence that what you wrote, my statement was factually correct, despite the stupidity you just posted. There is no basis upon which to assume that your use of the word despicable applied to what he had done, rather than to him.

Quite a large load of, shall we say, contradictions, Set. In actuality, there is as firm a basis that Brandon's use of despicable was pointed at what Walter said as there is that it was pointed at Walter.

Quote:
So don't give me your haughty "factually incorrect" bullshit. When it comes to politics, you are as irrational as the worst ranting, canting partisan at this site

And haughty you definitely know. You play the wise sage tune pretty well but then you go and blow it all to rat ****.

0 Replies