CIA head: Cheney almost wishing US be attacked

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:10 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
Oh, it's perfectly legal, just immoral.

Let me get this right. You believe that quoting someone else's speculation is immoral?

I'm gonna speculate that Brandon9000 doesn't have a real clear idea of what "immoral" means. Someone wanna quote me on that?

Yes. I believe that promulgating unfounded and serious accusations against someone (e.g. wanting one's own country to be attacked) is irresponsible unless you are a news organization or are in one or two other special cases.
Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:10 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Name calling is surely the lowest level of debate.

Jesus Christ, you have no sense of irony.

Mr. Righteous Indignation wrote:
You started a thread indicating a desire on someone's part for his own country to be attacked, based on wild guessing and mind-reading, and now complain when someone suggests you provide even a particle of evidence. Despicable.

You started the name calling.

Dipshit.
Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:13 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
So, your arguments finally degenerate down to simple name calling. I'll take that as a sign that you are out of ideas.

Go back and read your very first post addressed to Walter, hypocrite. Apparently, by your own criterion, you were out of ideas when the entire discussion began.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:15 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Quote:
The accuser is responsible to prove an allegation.

That would be Mr. Panetta, not Walter. Nevertheless, when you state categorically (as you did) that something is unfounded, you are responsible for the veracity of that statement.

Quote:
Once again, promulgating wild accusations of wickedness against someone is irresponsible, except in a few special cases, e.g. unless one is a newspaper with a responsibility to report all significant occurrences.

I am assuming that Cheney never said, "I want America to be attacked," or anything that sounds like that. No such quotations have been produced yet. Therefore, no foundation for the accusation has been made public by the accusers. It seems to me that in this situation, saying what someone else wishes for is just guesswork.

I'll expect from now on that if I accuse a liberal of wishing for something terrible and provide no evidence whatsoever, you will not call my post unfounded. By the way, I believe from the sound of your posts that you have long wished the board conservatives to be killed.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:18 am
What you assume and what you know are not the same--it's pathetic that this has to be pointed out to you. Again, you seem completely incapable of distinguishing between what members of this site post, and what is reported in newspapers, which was what Walter had posted.

As for your assumption about conservatives at this site, oh definitely . . . i want to see their heads cut off while they scream.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:18 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You started the name calling.

Dipshit.

Please tell me when I did that.
Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:19 am
@Brandon9000,
I've already done that. I quoted the post in which you called Walter despicable. Hypocrite.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:20 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

What you assume and what you know are not the same--it's pathetic that this has to be pointed out to you. Again, you seem completely incapable of distinguishing between what members of this site post, and what is reported in newspapers, which was what Walter had posted.

As for your assumption about conservatives at this site, oh definitely . . . i want to see their heads cut off while they scream.

So, from now on, if I start threads about the wildest, dumbest, most irresponsible accusations others make agains liberals, you're fine with it?
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:20 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I've already done that. I quoted the post in which you called Walter despicable. Hypocrite.

On the contrary. I said that his action was despicable.
Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:22 am
@Brandon9000,
No, you didn't say that. You simply wrote the word despicable.

Have they come to cut your head off while you scream yet? I was hoping for some real-time video feed . . .
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:24 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

So, from now on, if I start threads about the wildest, dumbest, most irresponsible accusations others make agains liberals, you're fine with it?

Well, if you can give links to vatious sources, why not? And actually that's how it works here, I think ...
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:25 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

No, you didn't say that. You simply wrote the word despicable.

Have they come to cut your head off while you scream yet? I was hoping for some real-time video feed . . .

Factually incorrect. I said:

"You started a thread indicating a desire on someone's part for his own country to be attacked, based on wild guessing and mind-reading, and now complain when someone suggests you provide even a particle of evidence. Despicable. "

Walter, on the other hand, said that I am stupic. Name calling is the lowest form of debate.
Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:25 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:

Leaving aside that we get that every day from Ican, Fox, Waterboy, Yankee and their ilk . . . if you start threads retailing the accusations of newspapers against anyone, i have no problem with that, i would have a problem with the accusers, not the the person who reports the accusations. I've already pointed out that i don't believe in shooting the messenger.

But, in fact, considering the hilariously stupid nature such accusations usually take, i wouldn't even necessarily have a problem with the accusations. Life is hard--comic relief is always welcome. I know of no source more reliable for comic relief than what passes for thought among conservatives.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:26 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

DrewDad wrote:

I'm gonna speculate that Brandon9000 doesn't have a real clear idea of what "immoral" means. Someone wanna quote me on that?

Yes.

This just tickled me pink.

Brandon9000 wrote:
I believe that promulgating unfounded and serious accusations against someone (e.g. wanting one's own country to be attacked) is irresponsible unless you are a news organization or are in one or two other special cases.

I suggest that you investigate the differences between "immoral" and "irresponsible". You seem to be under the impression that they mean the same thing.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Well, if you can give links to vatious sources, why not? And actually that's how it works here, I think ...

I think the idea is to give links to facts, not to give links to unsubstantiated guesses.
Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:28 am
@Brandon9000,
With no more evidence that what you wrote, my statement was factually correct, despite the stupidity you just posted. There is no basis upon which to assume that your use of the word despicable applied to what he had done, rather than to him. So don't give me your haughty "factually incorrect" bullshit. When it comes to politics, you are as irrational as the worst ranting, canting partisan at this site.

If you want to claim that name-calling is the lowest form of debate, you'll have to accept that you started your participation in this thread with the lowest form of debate.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:28 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
Walter, on the other hand, said that I am stupic. Name calling is the lowest form of debate.

Actually, I added "sorry" [and didn't write stupic].

I still think that someone must be stupid not to get that I quoted from newspapers and didn't write anything similar to an own opinion.

I didn't indicate anything.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:30 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
I believe that promulgating unfounded and serious accusations against someone (e.g. wanting one's own country to be attacked) is irresponsible unless you are a news organization or are in one or two other special cases.

I suggest that you investigate the differences between "immoral" and "irresponsible". You seem to be under the impression that they mean the same thing.

So, you're denying that to do this is immoral?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:30 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:

I think the idea is to give links to facts, not to give links to unsubstantiated guesses.

I beg your pardon.

Do you really say that we should start wild guessing about what might be or what might be not - without referring to the source of this speculation?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:31 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Here's an idea: what if we link to whatever the **** we want, and you deal with it?

Geez, you're being an ass

Cycloptichorn