Do you think that bushed lied about this one statement?

Sat 15 Oct, 2011 06:48 pm
Bush speaks about the planes hitting the twin towers at 1 minute 45 seconds into this video. Is he lying or did he forget and if so what is your explanation?

RABEL222

Sat 15 Oct, 2011 07:36 pm
He lied about many things.
reasoning logic

Sat 15 Oct, 2011 07:38 pm
@RABEL222,
He may have but did he lie about what I was asking?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Sat 15 Oct, 2011 08:16 pm
@reasoning logic,
Why does this matter? How does finding out whether he lied or whether he was deeply mistaken with his memory really change anything ?? Please don't give me some half assed government 9/11 induced conspiracy because using this one instance is so far from evidence to that effect that you might as well not try.

He may as well been thinking that was the truth. As human's, memory is so fallible or untrustworthy. You watch one video enough parts of what you see can change your personal perception. He may have watched the first plane's crash so many times that it changed how he supposedly understood the sequences of how he really was exposed to those events.
reasoning logic

Sat 15 Oct, 2011 08:30 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
He may as well been thinking that was the truth. As human's, memory is so fallible or untrustworthy. You watch one video enough parts of what you see can change your personal perception. He may have watched the first plane's crash so many times that it changed how he supposedly understood the sequences of how he really was exposed to those events.

This does seem logical to me but I do find it odd that he remembers siting out side the class room and thinking to himself then when I listen to the 911 commission saying that their investigation was a scam and many engineers and scientist saying that all three buildings should not have came down like they did.

I do not have a theory on the matter, only unanswered questions!
tsarstepan

Sat 15 Oct, 2011 09:16 pm
@reasoning logic,
Like the controversy of global warming, many scientists really doubt how these events take place and by many I mean not many as well as scientists who hold no credibility in this respective subject which they proclaim as part of a conspiracy.

Far more experts and scientists with their field of study in the appropriate areas one needs to know about have proven no conspiracy happened on 9/11.

And still, my question is out there... why does it matter? Do you really think anyone in power or in the know is going to come out after reading these accusations and spill the beans? That heads will roll from any possible revelation?

Stop dwelling on a conspiracy subject that only scientifically challenged individuals spend 90% of their waking hours on.
Fil Albuquerque

Sat 15 Oct, 2011 09:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
...concerning conspiracy´s like everything else it all comes down to statistical probability´s...some might be true some don´t...so what else is new ?
...It does not seem to be the case with 9/11 anyway...
RABEL222

Sat 15 Oct, 2011 11:35 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I dont subscribe to a conspiracy theory. But they were warned and preferred to ignore it because Clintons people mentioned it.
izzythepush

Sun 16 Oct, 2011 03:09 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I dont subscribe to a conspiracy theory. But they were warned and preferred to ignore it because Clintons people mentioned it.

Spot on. The conspiracy is a smoke screen, and stops people thinking about ther real issues.
reasoning logic

Sun 16 Oct, 2011 06:01 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Like the controversy of global warming, many scientists really doubt how these events take place and by many I mean not many as well as scientists who hold no credibility in this respective subject which they proclaim as part of a conspiracy.

I would not try to explain global warming because it is way over my head and I do know that it has occurred naturally in the past but that does not mean that I am disclaiming it happening even more so by man.

Quote:
Far more experts and scientists with their field of study in the appropriate areas one needs to know about have proven no conspiracy happened on 9/11.

Would you please share this info with me?

Quote:
And still, my question is out there... why does it matter?

I guess that would depend on how far your ethical radius extends!

If your mother and many other family members where meeting at the world trade center on 911 it may seem as a greater matter for you.

Quote:
Do you really think anyone in power or in the know is going to come out after reading these accusations and spill the beans? That heads will roll from any possible revelation?

You tell me! I think history and sociology could have answers to that question.
If you were involved in killing thousands of your own people for wealth would you confess? Have others in the past confessed to killing thousands of people for money or power and what is the likely hood of such confessions?

Quote:
Stop dwelling on a conspiracy subject that only scientifically challenged individuals spend 90% of their waking hours on.

I would not find it odd that you would think that part of the scientific community would be scientifically challenged and I doubt very seriously that many people spend 90% of their time on this issue but I guess that there could be a few.

One thing we can gather from Bush's speech is that the brain is something we should not trust in terms of speaking the truth. When I say this I am not calling Bush a liar as we are all capable of forgetting how an event happened but at the same time I am not saying that he was speaking the truth!
Finn dAbuzz

Sun 16 Oct, 2011 03:49 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

RABEL222 wrote:

Spot on. The conspiracy is a smoke screen, and stops people thinking about ther real issues.

Now that's a twist!

The Truther Conspiracy is part of a larger conspiracy intended to distract attention from the real truth.

And the real truth is?
Finn dAbuzz

Sun 16 Oct, 2011 04:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
Just how fiendishly clever is Dick Cheney?

The Bush Administration couldn't prevent leaks on NSA's Terrorist Surveillance Program, and some 20 or so other topics but it somehow was able to keep the lid on what would go down as the greatest scandal in American history: The US government was behind the 9/11 attacks.

Just imagine how many people would have had to be involved for the government to pull off 9/11, and while someone in on the surveillance program had second thoughts about its propriety, no one involved in the 9/11 conspiracy has?

Did Cheney arrange to have everyone involved (excluding him and W of course) terminated with extreme prejudice once the job was done? I guess he must have personally taken out the assassins. Probably invited them to hunt quail with him.

Cheney himself was probably guilty of all the Bush Era leaks, as he needed to keep his ability to totally lock down government secrets, itself a secret from everyone.

You know RL, if I was you, I wouldn't be posting threads that had anything to do with the 9/11 conspiracy. Sure, Cheney's feeding bogus information to the main nuts making the Truther case, but if he was ready, willing and able to clean up the entire original mission, do you think he would hesitate taking out some poor sod who just stumbled a little too close to the truth?

Just saying, reasoned logic and all.
izzythepush

Sun 16 Oct, 2011 05:17 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

And the real truth is?

A phrase you just made up.
JLNobody

Sun 16 Oct, 2011 05:37 pm
@reasoning logic,
Why is this in the philosophy forum?
reasoning logic

Sun 16 Oct, 2011 05:47 pm
@JLNobody,
Because it is people like you who like philosophy that are among the greatest thinkers! Who else is as creative and knowledgeable as a philosopher? Idea 2 Cents
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 16 Oct, 2011 06:00 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

And the real truth is?

A phrase you just made up.

Well, that's disappointing.

I thought for sure that if anyone would know what the real truth might be, it would be you.
izzythepush

Sun 16 Oct, 2011 06:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm sorry Finn, you'll have to keep searching. The issues, if you're not already aware of them are as follows:
Why was the Bush regime so incompetant as to allow 9/11 in the first place?
WMDs in Iraq.
Illegal war with Iraq.
Lack of post-war strategy in Iraq.
Tax cuts for the rich during a time of war, with resulting budget difficulties.
Lack of regulations in the financial sector.

I could go on but it's time for bed. Sleep tight Finn.
Finn dAbuzz

Sun 16 Oct, 2011 07:46 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I'm sorry Finn, you'll have to keep searching. The issues, if you're not already aware of them are as follows:
Why was the Bush regime so incompetant as to allow 9/11 in the first place?
WMDs in Iraq.
Illegal war with Iraq.
Lack of post-war strategy in Iraq.
Tax cuts for the rich during a time of war, with resulting budget difficulties.
Lack of regulations in the financial sector.

I could go on but it's time for bed. Sleep tight Finn.

All this has to do with 9/11? Wow!

I must say the extent of your knowledge of American Left talking points is impressive. Do you subscribe to a feed?
izzythepush

Mon 17 Oct, 2011 01:16 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

All this has to do with 9/11? Wow!

Are you being wilfully ignorant? If people are spending time talking about the supposed 9/11 conspiracy, they're not talking about the real scandals of the Bush presidency.

Quote:
I must say the extent of your knowledge of American Left talking points is impressive. Do you subscribe to a feed?

I read a good paper, and watch unbiased news reporting. You should try it sometimes.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Tue 18 Oct, 2011 06:05 pm
There sure are allot of ideas floating around out there!