Cheney's already lost his "heart"

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 08:15 am
Today's news,
Quote:
Dick Cheney on his heart pump and Obama's record

Dick Cheney says he has no regrets, and blasts Obama as "worse than Jimmy Carter" in exclusive interview.

Dick Cheney is responsible for Iraq and Afghanistan, the Great Recession, and he has the gall to criticize Obama.

There's no cure for s........
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,613 • Replies: 19
No top replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 10:26 am
Also, he took the credit for for the killing of Ossama Bin Laden for his administration, er, the Bush Administration, and he criticized McCain for having chosen Palin as his Vice President.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 10:56 am
@InfraBlue,
That's because he has no heart or brains; delusional.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 11:07 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Also, he took the credit for for the killing of Ossama Bin Laden for his administration, er, the Bush Administration, and he criticized McCain for having chosen Palin as his Vice President.

Well--Mr Obama recently said that "your success was not down to you", or some-such, so the first claim has some validity and not many people thought Mrs Palin a wise choice according to what I read.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 11:15 am
@spendius,
spendi, Why do you continue to waste everybody's time with your garbage? Your interpretation of reality is your own based on your own imagination.

President Obama made the decision to use the military to kill bin Laden. He succeeded by making that decision. If he had failed, he would be liable for all the negative reports that was sure to come.

Yes, he succeeded, because our military had the capacity to be successful; he did not do it alone, but the decision to do it was his alone.

You are an idiot without much common sense or logic.
spendius

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 01:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You're the idiot. I wasn't commenting about the execution of OBL. I commented about Mr Obama's remark last week in which, more or less, he disqualified himself from taking credit for it.

Not that he won't be milking it for all he can squeeze out of it. Which won't be much because Americans are not very interested in that sort of thing except insofar as it provided a nice evening's viewing while you all gloat as if you had carried out the mission yourselves.

I imagine that there was a judicial process to bring OBL to the US for trial once his whereabouts were established. What happened has hardly helped establish more cordial relations with Pakistan. But I don't suppose you consider that a negative.

Once OBL's residence was established he was neutralised. AQ might have suffered more from hacking his communications. As it is AQ still has a leadership.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 01:44 pm
@spendius,
Sorry, spendi, but you wrote,
Quote:
@InfraBlue,
Quote:

You wrote,
Well--Mr Obama recently said that "your success was not down to you", or some-such, so the first claim has some validity and not many people thought Mrs Palin a wise choice according to what I read.

You must learn to write the English language with more clarity.
Taking credit for the killing of bin Laden by Cheney doesn't compute with "your success was not down to you."
spendius

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 02:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I didn't say that. Mr Obama's recent remark apllies to Mr Cheney as well. The credit for the kit is down to the foggy ruins of time.

But that's not up for election in 100 days.

As for the execution itself I think there are too many myths surrounding that for me to feel confident in passing a view about it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 02:35 pm
@spendius,
That was not made clear in your sentence, because it was implied.
spendius

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 04:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Go boil your head you silly sod. I can't help it if you can't read simple English because you are in too much of a hurry to jump to the conclusion you need to jump to.

I can't imagine you having the slightest interest in what anybody says except as a springboard for one of your ignorant, cliched and coarsely expressed blurts.

Having you sticking up for science so that you can preen your credentials as a superior person is the absolute last thing science needs.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:01 pm
@spendius,
Hey, spendi, you on the sauce again? You run up against these nonsensical posts every once-in-a-while, and all I've done is asked for clarification. It seems none is forthcoming, you silly sod!
spendius

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have too much respect for A2Kers than to come on sauced.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:57 pm
@spendius,
ROFLMAO Mr. Green Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:59 pm
@InfraBlue,
As a matter of fact, remember when Bush when asked about bin Laden, he said he could care less?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 04:08 pm
Cheney said that "a lot of the intelligence that laid the groundwork for what ultimately led to the capture of Bin Laden came as a result of programs we had in place in the Bush administration," but they had thought that Osama was hiding in the Tora Bora caves in the Afghan mountains, and in 2007 proceeded to pulverize the rocks there. They had thought that they had probably killed him. It was at the beginning of the Obama administration that the search efforts for Osama were increased after evidence had surfaced--very soon after the 2007 attacks--that he hadn't been killed.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 04:13 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I agree with Cheney about Palin.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 04:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I checked your link ci. and I can't see where Mr Bush put a foot wrong.

Everything he said made complete sense to me as does the implication that the execution of OBL was an electioneering stunt where the bulk of the risk was taken by members of the military.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 05:40 pm
@InfraBlue,
I looked further into this. Apparently, the bombing attack was called off at the last second, and a commando operation was carried out instead. Some militants were killed but of course bin Laden was not there.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 05:46 pm
@InfraBlue,
Hey, spendi, do you get your jollies from giving me thumb's down? LOL
spendius

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 03:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
Not me ci. I used the thing once when it first came in on an innocuous Trivia thread to see what happened. Never since.

I occasionally thumb up a particularly stupid post.
0 Replies