CIA head: Cheney almost wishing US be attacked

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
Walter, on the other hand, said that I am stupic. Name calling is the lowest form of debate.

Actually, I added "sorry" [and didn't write stupic].

I still think that someone must be stupid not to get that I quoted from newspapers and didn't write anything similar to an own opinion.

I didn't indicate anything.

I attacked your action. You attacked me. Not surprising from someone who posts wild guesses that somebody wants his own country to be attacked.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:32 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

So, from now on, if I start threads about the wildest, dumbest, most irresponsible accusations others make agains liberals, you're fine with it?

Well, if you can give links to vatious sources, why not? And actually that's how it works here, I think ...

I think the idea is to give links to facts, not to give links to unsubstantiated guesses.

Here's an idea: what if we link to whatever the **** we want, and you deal with it?

Geez, you're being an ass

Cycloptichorn

Sure, that is absolutely the plan, but I deal with it by posting an opinion about it.
Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:33 am
You attacked his character, and in your very first post. You called him despicable. Prove that that is factually incorrect. Alleging that you know what you meant is meaningless--we are not obliged to read your mind. Even if i were capable of reading minds, i was never interested in comic books.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:34 am
Hey, why don't you bring in three or four additional liberals to argue with me simultaneously. Then it will be more or less even. It's my lunch break now and I'm going. Time for you to start claiming victory.
Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:35 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Sure, that is absolutely the plan, but I deal with it by posting an opinion about it.

And by calling people names . . . don't forget that part, Mr. Righteous Indignation.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:37 am
@Brandon9000,
I didn't bring anyone in. You've been making such a conspicuous ass of yourself that you attracted the attention.

I'm not here to win or lose anything. But when i see you launch a vicious and unwarranted attack on someone i like, respect and who is in himself unoffending, then you can bet i'm going to crawl all over your punk ass. Too bad, so sad--get over it.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:52 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

No, you dealt with it by posting an opinion about the person who repeated it; there is a significant difference yaknow.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 10:53 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

So, you're denying that to do this is immoral?

You're the one claiming that it is immoral. It is incumbent upon you to either prove your assertion, or retract the accusation.

You stated in Post 3,678,627:

Brandon9000 wrote:
Oh, it's perfectly legal, just immoral.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 01:13 pm
@Brandon9000,
I think he knew about it before it happened.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 01:17 pm
I'm thinking the word "almost' is key to understanding Cheney. I don't believe Cheney wants the US to be attacked but I do think he believes what he says.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 03:52 pm
I do believe he wishes the US would be attacked if he could just gain a few points for his defense.........
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 04:58 pm
@BillW,

You are foolish and weak if you truly believe Cheney wants another attack on this country.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 05:02 pm
Yeah, and I flushed you today! And, Cheney only wants what is good for him and his! You be lied to.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 05:21 pm
@BillW,

The truth ain't in you.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 06:45 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

It's by no means clear that Mr Cheney was not involved in the last attack on US soil. But I suppose he didn't realise it was going to be so big.

Are you jealous that the British that came to the U.S., in the prior centuries, have a better standard of living for their descendants, than those that stayed in mother England? What is with the lousy dentistry in England?
Foofie

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 06:49 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
You posted a quotation which accuses a person of great evil, based on the wildest guesswork.

This is utter bullshit. Walter posted a news item about someone who accused Cheney of evil (and even if he is not guilty of this, he certainly deserves to be described as evil). You continue to whine about this, and ignore the undeniable fact that Walter posted a news item about the accusation, and offered no opinion on the legitimacy of the accusation.

What a creep.

Was the news item satisfying a particular set of beliefs? If yes, then the news item falls under the heading of propaganda (not false propaganda, but propaganda).
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 06:51 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Oh, it's perfectly legal, just immoral.

So you say that it is immoral that some dozens of US-papers (including quite conservative ones - see above), numerous foreign papers, reported about this? With nearly exactly the same headline as on this thread?

Not immoral, I believe, unethical, unless one is an understudy for Yenta the Matchmaker in a remake of Fiddler On the Roof.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 06:53 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Setanta wrote:
Walter posted a news item about someone who accused Cheney of evil (and even if he is not guilty of this, he certainly deserves to be described as evil). You continue to whine about this, and ignore the undeniable fact that Walter posted a news item about the accusation, and offered no opinion on the legitimacy of the accusation.

Perhaps it's easier to attack me than the media, especially the conservative ones.

I saw no one attacking you, unless you are above reproach.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 06:57 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
Name calling is surely the lowest level of debate.

I have the strong feeling that you are stupid. This is not name calling.

It appears like a poster is not pandering to Walter's ego? I have a strong feeling that Walter might not be used to such undeferent behavior. Join the club Walter.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 06:59 pm
They attack Walter to draw attention away from Cheney.