Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 05:49 pm
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2261800/posts

Quote:

...Local firearms dealers said they haven’t been able to keep that type of firearm on the shelves for months. Scott Hoffman said that since November he hasn’t been able to immediately fill orders for items considered personal weapons. He’s back-ordered in certain kinds of ammunition, too.

“Gun sales have at least doubled,” said the longtime owner of Hoffman’s Gun Center on the Berlin Turnpike. “Business is up at least 50 percent and that’s in a bad economy. It shows you how scared people are.” .....

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 05:55 pm
Heard anything new lately?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 07:48 pm
I must be one of the few people who are 50 years old and have never needed a gun. I don't carry one around. I don't have one in my home. I don't have one in my car. And I'm not afraid that I'll need one someday.
djjd62

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 07:52 pm
@NickFun,
i'm only 46, but i hear what your saying
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 10:23 pm
@NickFun,
Quote:
I must be one of the few people who are 50 years old and have never needed a gun. I don't carry one around. I don't have one in my home. I don't have one in my car. And I'm not afraid that I'll need one someday.

Let me know how the left hook works out when that old grizzly bear comes through the window....
farmerman

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 05:13 am
@gungasnake,
Ive had guns but never do I walk out side armed because of grizzly bear attacks. I was attacked by one of our roosters but I just swiped him with a broom.

Are you allowed to shoot a runaway tractor?
farmerman

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 05:22 am
@farmerman,
ANYBODY wanna buy a flamethrower? This babyll go from scorch to extra crispy with a quarter turn on the nozzle.
msolga

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 05:22 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
“Gun sales have at least doubled,” said the longtime owner of Hoffman’s Gun Center on the Berlin Turnpike. “Business is up at least 50 percent and that’s in a bad economy. It shows you how scared people are.” .....

Exactly what are these gun buyers so scared of ? And how will more guns improve the situation?
farmerman

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 05:31 am
@msolga,
you dont understand Olga, gungasnake is trying to transfer all the ills of the Bush administration onto Obama. He is in a fever mode to post crap from his Nazi friends and racist sources so that we have a daily diet of hate and revisionist tripe.

Hes one of a few of the shrieking wingnuts on 2K.
Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 05:35 am
I find it hilarious that Gunga Dim has paranoid fantasies about grizzly bears.
djjd62

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 05:37 am
@Setanta,
he worries they might be evolving
msolga

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 05:38 am
@farmerman,
(Actually, I do understand, farmer! Wink
I just want him to explain how humungous gun ownership is going to improve things, so people are less scared. Laughing )
Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 06:13 am
@djjd62,
Well . . . if one were not oneself likely to get any smarter, the thought of smarter, fiercer, more hostile grizzly bears could be very daunting . . . i guess . . . it's not a topic to which i've given a great deal of thought. The raccoons around here can be pretty mean, but grizzlies are thin on the ground in this neighborhood.
farmerman

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 06:36 am
@Setanta,
Grizzlies have evolved invisibility. They are like Klingons, when they attack, they must throw off their cloaking devices. Gunga is the only one who knew that and he didnt tell us.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 06:37 am
Do you suppose he walks down the street backwards, with his hand on his piece, spinning around frequently to fool the grizzlies?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 06:45 am
The stench of liberal thought permeates this site like a dead family of skunks.
cjhsa

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 07:04 am
@cjhsa,
We shoot skunks.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k51/cjhsa/private/A_shooting2.jpg
farmerman

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 07:28 am
@cjhsa,
what, do you stick the guns up each others assholes and pull the trigger?

I thought you were doing 5 to 7 for child molesting?
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 07:43 am
@farmerman,

farmergirl is projecting again Rolling Eyes
cjhsa

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 07:52 am
@H2O MAN,
Fboy is just jealous because his AR has an orange plastic tip.

Stained brown, of course.