Just When You Think Nothing Can Shock You

chai2

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 08:31 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I am that guy. I'm still looking for said pill.

So why would you ever go to a fast food restaurant and eat a double cheeseburger?

If you don't care about eating and don't find it interesting wouldn't you seek out food based on its nutrition only?
maporsche

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 09:08 pm
@chai2,
Um...because I haven't found that pill yet, and in the mean time I still have to eat.

And if you'll recall, it wasn't the eating part that bothered me the most, it was the buying, preparing, planning, cooking part that I was trying to get away from. Not that I eat this very often (like I said, it's been at least 5 months), but hitting up a fast food joint eliminates everything I hate about food except the buying part.

Until someone perfects this pill thing, I've settled on eating a steady diet of PB&J, fruit (apples, oranges, bananas), oatmeal, and Myoplex meal replacement shakes. When forced to eat out (work functions, girlfriend, family gatherings, etc) I try to consume as many vegetables as possible.

Sounds like you have some problem?
chai2

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 09:24 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Um...because I haven't found that pill yet, and in the mean time I still have to eat.

And if you'll recall, it wasn't the eating part that bothered me the most, it was the buying, preparing, planning, cooking part that I was trying to get away from. Not that I eat this very often (like I said, it's been at least 5 months), but hitting up a fast food joint eliminates everything I hate about food except the buying part.

Until someone perfects this pill thing, I've settled on eating a steady diet of PB&J, fruit (apples, oranges, bananas), oatmeal, and Myoplex meal replacement shakes. When forced to eat out (work functions, girlfriend, family gatherings, etc) I try to consume as many vegetables as possible.

Sounds like you have some problem?

No, I don't.

Do you?

I am simply asking how you fit fast food, even once in a while, into your diet listed above.

Is eating a double cheeseburger under the heading of being forced to eat out?

Are there times when absolutely no other options are available, and your only choice is a whopper? Did they run out of chicken breast sandwiches?

Or, as I suspect, do you occassionally eat these things because you enjoy the taste?

maporsche

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 09:34 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Or, as I suspect, do you occassionally eat these things because you enjoy the taste?

LOL!!!! ok, you got me, if I had to choose between a chicken breast sandwich and a double cheeseburger, I'd choose a double cheeseburger because I like the taste better.

I never said that I didn't occasionally enjoy the taste of food. I've only ever said that I would prefer a 'food pill' that would eliminate what I hate about food most days of the week/year. I've also said that I don't enjoy food the way that most people do. That does not mean that I do not have foods I prefer over other foods.

I want a pill that I can use to replace most of my meals. I eat 5 times per day for a total of 35 meals per week. I would like to eat a pill probably at least 25 of those.

I really don't know what you're trying to 'prove', or why you would have to "suspect" anything.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 09:50 pm
@roger,
sorry Roger.
I was not aiming my post directly at you. It was more of a general , to the thread, post.. not aiming at you.
roger

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 09:57 pm
@shewolfnm,
I hope I didn't sound like I took it that way. I didn't.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 04:13 am
Yesterday, The Girl brought home hamburgers, onion rings and fries from a fast food joint here in town--and she was thoughtful enough to get me a large root beer. That is the first time i've had a fast food hamburger in i don't know how long. I greatly enjoyed it (everything was still hot when she got here).

But that doesn't characterize my diet. Lighten up Chai, people aren't obliged to obsessively pursue any particular diet regime, you know.

Think i'll go investigate deep frying a baloney and velveeta sammich . . .
farmerman

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 04:50 am
@Setanta,
I would rather be given a deep fried sweetie treat than a kind of deep fried main course entree. BAcon is a seductive little meat. It will enhance the flavor of just about anything. Whenever we eat scallps , we mostly wrap em in bacon and broil with a dry sherry and garlic shreds.

Wrapping mac and cheese in bacon and deep frying is like being asked to challenge the goddess Pelee on the edge of a volcano. You may die rom a serious burn.
CHEESE is dangerous when heated

You can keep the cheese (unless its Cheeze-whiz on a REAL philly cheesesteak), and there, the fine balance of ingredients is so critical that to overcheese it results in a 2nd rate sammich.
Cheese has a tremendous latent heat retention that after heating it so that it changes state from a solid to a thixatropic liquid, it can cause serious burns from the cheese on a , say, pizza.
How many of us have gone through a critical time in our adulthood with a lava burn to the roof of the mouth? Even themem ory is almost as clear as getting our weiners caught in our jean zippers.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 06:43 am
@farmerman,
David wrote:
Quote:
I sincerely don 't like the taste of macaroni and cheese.

farmerman wrote:
Quote:
Nobody cares Dave.

Have u taken a survay,
in probative support of your allegation ?

farmerman wrote:
Quote:
Ill bet if you pour in a little cordite youd lick the plate clean

for medicinal purposes only

`
OGIONIK

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 06:53 am
@OmSigDAVID,
i used to drink 2 liters of coca cola a night. for 6 months
and play video games for 3 days straight.

i once went for 5 days straight playing the map

deagle_5

now you know why im so erratic O_o o_O
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 07:58 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Have u taken a survay,
I dont even care enough to do that. I rely mostly upon inferential statistics.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 08:15 am
@farmerman,
I did take a survey and found that 8 out of 10 of my neighbors preferred crest toothpaste after eating mac and cheese, the remaining 2 out of ten use Dr Bronners pure castile soap for both their teeth and shampoo.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 08:39 am
Paula Dean doesn't have **** on me. I'm in the process of putting the finishing touches on a chocolate turkey stuffed with cheese tater tots, salsa, and Crisco. I'll wash it all down with a gravy milkshake.

Then, NASCAR.
Setanta

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 12:39 pm
@farmerman,
My grandmother saved her bacon grease, and she used it when popping corn. Ah, the good ol' days . . .
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 12:53 pm
I've never heard of Paula Deen and just watched the little video from Chai -
gosh that women should not have a cooking show. Neither should Emeril
by the way - his creations are repulsive!

There is nothing wrong with a good hamburger now and then, but please
not every day! Dto. for Mac & Cheese, although I don't like these kind of
processed cheeses, give me Parmesan instead.

There is also nothing wrong with "real" ingredients i.e. unprocessed like
butter, whipped cream for cooking, but getting a greasy hamburger with
eggs and bacon in between 2 donuts - this must be a true experience to puke.
roger

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 12:57 pm
@CalamityJane,
Between two donuts? Hmmmm.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 01:13 pm
I saw Mr T cooking on a TV infomercial program a couple of times. I pity the fool don't buy what he's selling.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 01:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I saw Mr T cooking on a TV infomercial program a couple of times.
I pity the fool don't buy what he's selling.

That 's clever, Ed.
Thank u for that.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 01:53 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
Have u taken a survay,

Quote:
I dont even care enough to do that.

I rely mostly upon inferential statistics.

Well, OK, but u define yourself.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 01:57 pm
@farmerman,

Do u teach your students
that inferential statistics shoud be dispositive ?

David
0 Replies