how much do u think a lazy eye effects your dating success?

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 05:43 am
i dont think about it much, but ive been depressed/neurotic/anxious for like 2 years now..

and i was reading on anxiety where u feel u cant control things, and i clicked on a dating link talking about eye contact being the most important part of initiating conversation.

go figure :/

anyways, id like your real truthful honest to god opinions.

things like "he had severe crossed eyes and i said i had a headache to get out of the date" are a hardcore reality check.

and hanging out at the las vegas downtown scene and overhearing stuff some of the girls say doesnt help either. ****.

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 06:00 am
@OGIONIK,
"how much do u think a lazy eye effects your dating success?"

As much as you let it. No physical characteristic can't be overcome by having the right attitude about it. If you aren't comfortable with it yourself yet (that can wait, it will come one day if you don't obsess) at least act like it and don't let it be a big deal to you. I knew a guy with a glass eye that used to disarmingly say things like "I've got my eye on you". He did well for himself, even if some people didn't get past that particular thing.

But remember, some girl may not find you her type just because of your haircut, or her mood that day, or any of many trivial things (like your spelling! And at least that you can change). That's just life, and the guys who do the best with the girls are the ones who don't let that bother them. Looks don't get you as far with girls as being comfortable with yourself and being willing to take rejection to try. There are things you can change about yourself, and things you can't. If you fixate on what you can't you are going to make it harder for yourself, and it will make a difference in your ability to approach girls.

In all the partying I have done, the guys who always were a hit with the ladies weren't ever the best looking, or the richest, they were just the most shameless and persistent. It's like sales, you have to start seeing rejection as an inevitable part of success. You can't bat 1.000 so you are going to have to go through a "no" or two to get to a "yes", and the guys who fixate on the "no" tended to get a lot less "yes" in my experience. The guys who didn't let a "no" bother them put themselves in a position to get a lot more "yes" and the difference was that they didn't mind the "no". Hell sometimes just by being so easy going about them they turned into a "yes" on the spot.

P.S. girls (especially in the night club scene) say cruel horrible things about the physical appearance of guys, just as some guys do about girls. The only way you should let that affect you is in that it should make you think twice before you casually criticize appearance yourself.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 06:15 am
@OGIONIK,
try this, wear an ye patch and if you get a lot of "mercy humps" go with it. Sometime a physical condition can be a real turn on to the wanna be mommas out there. If that doesnt work you can always try sincerity, thats easy to fake.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 07:25 am
@OGIONIK,
OGIONIK wrote:
how much do u think a lazy eye effects your dating success?

Not as much as the lack of confidence over having a lazy eye does.

0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 08:00 am
@OGIONIK,
I once knew a man who was one of the most charismatic people that I have ever met. When he walked into a room, people were immediately drawn to him.

This man was short, slightly built, and had a pleasant but extremely bland face, that no one would look at twice. You might say, that he looked like a wimp. What he DID have was self confidence, and a sincere interest in people. As a result, people were very attracted to him.
OGIONIK

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 08:36 am
@Phoenix32890,
Smile

aw shucks i let u guys talk me into feeling better hahaha.. :L bleh.

the thing is im not very charismatic ROFL! now if i just try to work on that i guess.
OGIONIK

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 08:37 am
@OGIONIK,
lol i have my eye on you lolololol..
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 08:42 am
Now, this may sound really fucked up to some of you but he wants an honest answer.
I'd go with the eye patch. Not only will it give you a better chance of making contact with a woman, it lends quite the air of mystery. You'll meet someone, she'll end up really liking you for you and then the lazy eye won't matter but for many people"call it shallow, empty, superficial, whatever"a lazy eye will prevent you getting passed hello.
JPB

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 09:17 am
I have a lazy eye. It doesn't bother me because I can't see it. If it bothers other people then it bothers other people. It used to bother my sister when we were kids. She commented on it regularly. Eventually I was able to shrug the comments off as her problem vs mine, but I understand your sensitivity about it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 09:33 am
@eoe,
Quote:
You'll meet someone, she'll end up really liking you for you and then the lazy eye won't matter but for many people"call it shallow, empty, superficial, whatever"a lazy eye will prevent you getting passed hello.

Yes, it is true that some people will not be attracted to someone with a lazy eye. My next question is whether you want to know people who are that superficial?
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 09:36 am
Well, a patch might even help you correct your lazy eye. Read here..
Quote:
Conservative treatments such as corrective eyewear or eye patches can usually correct lazy eye. Sometimes, lazy eye requires surgical treatment. Left untreated, lazy eye may lead to permanent vision impairment.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/lazy-eye/DS00887

0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 10:56 am
@Phoenix32890,
i used to play counterstrike, from when i was 14 to when i was 19

every day.

6-10-18 hours a day.

it requires precise aiming and extreme hand eye coordination, and for a few years my lazy eye "disappeared"

i think i shall resume playing this game.and this time i might patch my good eye and play with my weak one , perhaps an hour a day.

and see if it helps at all.
farmerman

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 11:43 am
@OGIONIK,
SO, you wear the patch and you pick up some nice girls who are in your command as a man of mystery. Then they ask you
"OOGIE, dont you ever take that patch off"?

"Only for sex"

BINGOOO!
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 12:09 pm
@farmerman,
Perfect anwer, farmermam!! Laughing
farmerman

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 04:46 pm
@CalamityJane,
I remember some reaally skanky things I would do for sex. AFter my first marriage dissolved and I was kind of a mess between screwing up my graduate work for a year and being an emotional cripple (as well as a real one). I became a professional drinker and often I used AA meetings to pick up vulnerable girls.(I never believed in AA anyway) Is that about the wrongediest thing that one can do?

We are trying to help OOGIE here. He needs to know that many of us are really not gifted with looks and Adonial bodies, but we did pretty good in the opposite sex department just be being cads
Sglass

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 08:55 pm
@farmerman,
omg farmerman you mean you were one of those 13th steppers they tell newcomers to stay away from.

actually i think lazy eye is sexy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 09:11 pm
I had a great boss, sharp scientist, who had a lazy eye. None of us gave a ****.

He authored a lot of well regarded papers, and became a med thriller author as years went by, in his spare time.

Really, ogi, go see a fk university clinic. Don't make me chase you.

We are all probably hunter gatherers, but you don't stop to gather. I wish you would.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 09:16 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, wait, you haven't signed up to college yet.

Why the hell not?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 09:46 pm
@ossobuco,
You don't need to go to the school to go to a university eye clinic.

Where do you think I go?

I go to UNM, in my city, and have an md whom I connect to. I've been to clinics and non clinics, over the years, and some of the people are the same. Get a grip and check them out.

Just call the clinic, tell them about your eye, and ask for an appointment. Well, not UNM, but whatever university med center is there in your area.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 10:19 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, and then show up for the appointment.
0 Replies