My sons father doesnt have to pay child support!

BillRM

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 10:12 pm
@Wilso,
Yes some women go for the bums and most men had found that out the hard way.

I remember as a young man being madly in love with a lady and moving heaven and hell in courting her only to be told in the end that she was going back to her drunken bum of an ex-boyfriend because he need me.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 10:27 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Yes some women go for the bums and most men had found that out the hard way.

Yes, some women go for the bad boys, the heart wants what the heart wants, morals and rationality are inventions of the head. So what?? If the collective is going to remove parents from the ability to support their kids they could still provide support to the innocent kids. We could also make an effort to NOT put away people on these sex and drug charges, try to keep them as productive members of the society.

Telling the families of these kids "you are on your own until you hit poverty unless you choose to put your kids into foster care" is no way to behave.
0 Replies

stephinator143

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 11:50 pm
People make mistakes yeah we learn from them i know. I wouldnt take it back for anything. The dna test was done cause we wernt married and i dont have no crimminal recored or on drugs.
0 Replies

stephinator143

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 01:03 am
@Mame,
I knew my son was his the day i got pregnant! He was tested cause my son was born out of wed lock.
BillRM

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 10:34 am
@stephinator143,
Sorry but that does not wash all he would had needed to do is sign the birth certified with your permission no need for a DNA test at all due to a birth or in your case births being out of wedlock.

The only time a couple would be stop from placing their names on a certified would be if the woman happen to be married to someone else at the time. Then you need to go to a court hearing and a DNA test would be nice to have.

You pick a loser and the society will give you some help for your two children welfare but I would suggest you be grateful for any help that we offer you not whine that it is not enough.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 11:19 am
@stephinator143,
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/DHS-Hospital-Paternity-Guide_157259_7.pdf

Here is the law in Michigan and it is similar in almost all states.

Acknowledgment of paternity is the voluntary process of both parents signing a notarized Affidavit of Parentage (AOP), legally declaring the paternity of a child. The AOP is the Department of Community Health (DCH) form DCH-0682W (see Appendix A). A completed AOP form is also attached (see Appendix B).
Establishment of paternity is the legal process of
determining fatherhood by court order, acknowledgment,
or other method provided for under state law.

Essential Questions Regarding Completion of an AOP
Questions to Ask the Mother If Yes If No When to Complete or NOT to Complete an AOP
Is the mother married to the biological father of the child? Yes Do NOT complete the AOP. The husband is the legal father of the child.
No If the mother is unmarried, the parents should complete the AOP.
Is the mother married to someone other than the biological father? Yes Do NOT complete the AOP. The mother's husband is the legal father of any child born during their marriage. The mother must obtain a court order stating the husband is not the father of the child.
No If the mother is unmarried, the parents should complete the AOP.
Is the mother divorced? Yes If the mother was divorced more than 10 months before the birth of the child, then the child is NOT considered a child of the marriage. If the mother is unmarried, the parents should complete the AOP.
No If the mother is unmarried, the parents should complete the AOP. If the mother is married, the mother’s husband is the legal father of any child born during the marriage. Prior to the biological parents completing the AOP, the mother must obtain a court order stating the husband is not the father of the child.
Has the mother been divorced within the last 10 months? Yes If the mother was divorced within 10 months of the birth of the child, the child is considered a child of that marriage. The mother's ex-husband is the legal father until the couple obtains a court order that states the ex-husband is not the father of the child. Do NOT complete the AOP.
No The mother’s husband is the legal father of any child born during their marriage. Prior to the biological parents completing the AOP, the mother must obtain a court order stating the husband is not the father of the child.
Has the mother been divorced for more than 10 months? Yes If the mother was divorced more than 10 months before the birth of the child, then the child is NOT considered a child of the marriage. If the mother is unmarried, the parents should complete the AOP.

Fees
Q: What if there are concerns about any fees in regard to the Affidavit of Parentage (AOP) form?
A: Emphasize that there are no fees for completing the AOP or adding the father’s name to the birth record when the AOP is completed at the hospital at the time of birth.

Prison Procedure
Q: What do you do if the father is in prison?
A: The Office of Child Support (OCS) contacted the Michigan Prison Wardens and the Michigan Sheriffs Association to devise a consistent procedure for processing the AOP forms for incarcerated fathers. The Michigan Prison Wardens and Sheriffs approved a procedure for processing the AOP forms sent by Michigan’s birthing hospitals.
Hospital staff will determine the prison or jail location for the alleged father and send a letter (see Appendix G) to that prison or jail, along with:

􀂾The AOP;

􀂾DHS publication 780: “What Every Parent Should Know About Establishing Paternity”;

􀂾A letter of explanation; and

􀂾A self-addressed stamped envelope to the attention of the Warden’s Administrative Assistant/Jail Administrator at that prison or jail.

When the Warden’s Administrative Assistant/Jail Administrator receives these materials, (s)he will do the following:

􀂾Present the incarcerated alleged father with the AOP form and the pamphlet “What Every Parent Should Know About Establishing Paternity”;

􀂾Review the form and pamphlet with the incarcerated alleged father if requested;

􀂾Have a notary witness the incarcerated father’s signature if he decides to sign the form;

􀂾Send the AOP back to the hospital in the provided envelope; and

􀂾If the incarcerated alleged father refuses to sign the AOP, send the unsigned AOP back to the hospital indicating the prisoner declined to sign the form.

0 Replies

stephinator143

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 01:46 pm
i only have 1 son not 2.
BillRM

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 02:09 pm
@stephinator143,
Your sons father instead of your son's father in your first posting confuse me over the number of sons we was talking about.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 09:55 pm
Anyway, back to the topic. What in the world can we do about this? You just venting? If so, fine.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 10:03 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
Anyway, back to the topic. What in the world can we do about this? You just venting? If so, fine

Our leader says that our courts need more empathy, and more understanding of how our law and order decisions effect real people. This thread is very timely, we can resolve to do better, to question those who advocate for "lock em up and throw away the key".
Mame

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 10:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
Eh, not putting the bum in jail is not going to guarantee she's going to get any money from him. And not putting the bum in jail is circumventing the justice system. BZZZ - wrong answer.

Maybe your social system (welfare) can help her get educated/trained so she can get a good paying job so she doesn't need the criminal bum. She can be independent, self-supporting, and contributing to your tax base, as well as providing an example to her son.
0 Replies

stephinator143

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 11:19 pm
I just think that it is still so what his responsibliy to pay child support even tho he is locked up!!!!!!!!!!

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 12:00 am
@stephinator143,
Quote:
I just think that it is still so what his responsibliy to pay child support even tho he is locked up

With what money? Are you expecting Wells Fargo to front him a loan? The society removed him from the ability to make money, he has no ability to pay for the needs of your kid. Because the state decided to do this the state has an obligation to see to the needs of the child. Problem is that until you hit poverty the state will do nothing.
BillRM

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 01:06 am
@hawkeye10,
Wrong answer the state is under no obligation to be a big daddy to adults who can not run their own lives correctly.

Her kid should be taken care of however she should be force to pick up junk along the highway or whatever to make up for the payments to her son.

No one force her to had a child she can not support with a father that is a bum.

And yes locking up the bum for breaking our laws is just fine with me and he should be out picking up along the highway with her when he get out if he can not do anything more useful.

0 Replies

stephinator143

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 10:38 am
So just because i think its wrong that he gets out of the resopnsibilty of being a dad i am placed as not taking care of my son. U guys can think whatever u want about me but what ur posting is so un true about me. I am taking care of my son he has what he needs or even more.
Mame

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 10:42 am
@hawkeye10,
Bullshit. The State locked him up because he is a criminal and it's NOT the State's responsibility to support the child. The State would be broke, in that case. He wasn't paying before he went to jail, so is the State responsible then?

Stephinator, yes, it IS his responsibility, but he's not willing or able to pay, so what then? Get over it and move on.
0 Replies

stephinator143

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 10:56 am
The state doesnt pay me and aint going to cause they no they aint going to get there money back. I dont need anyones money just saying that his dad screwed up and will be gone for years leaving a part of his reasonsibilty all on me. Its not my fault he was completly normal in the begining of our relationship then got involved in the wrong crowed and **** happened.
BillRM

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 11:03 am
@stephinator143,
The best way to get a man to be a responsible father is first to find a responsible man and get him to agree to married you and raised a family with you.

Yes the irresponsible sperm donator you picked to be the father of your child should be force to provide funds for the raising of your child but it is still annoying that because of your poor judgment the child will not have the benefit of a two parents loving home and the society as a whole by the way of our legal system need to get involve.

We need to start teaching our young ladies that they had the duty to screen their mates and the society had only a very limited ability to repair the damage done when they do not do so.

Whining about the society not ordering the clock of child support to start when he is in prison is annoying.
Mame

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 11:05 am
@stephinator143,
I doubt very much that he was "completely normal" - completely normal people, especially adults, don't get "involved in the wrong crowd" and wind up in jail over and over.

Anyway, it doesn't matter whose fault it is. It is what it is. I'm still wondering what the point of your thread is.

Yeah, we all agree he's a bum. We all agree he's shirking his responsibility. We all agree he should pay. So what? You're right. Is that what you wanted to hear?
stephinator143

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 11:25 am
@BillRM,
Like i said people make mistakes.
0 Replies