i'm sure she will be, you presented your brother very well
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 08:05 pm
Already a year this Friday.
Pemerson

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 08:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
Edgar, you, Sam and Roger did well. Sam was mighty talented, so much color in his work. It must be very sad, losing him. But, you had this wonderful brother for a long time! All the best to you.
msolga

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 08:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Already a year this Friday.

I'll be thinking of you on Friday, edgar.

How will you spend that day?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 09:26 pm
On Friday, I have to work half the day. When I come home, I will sit with my wife for lunch and family time. About two thirty, we will likely go to the park to walk. I want to trade a few messages with Sam's wife. In the evening, when I should be writing, I will probably miss him the most. One of his last projects was a comic strip. He wanted photos of my kids, when they were about Charlie Brown's size, or a bit smaller. They were to be character models. But he became too weak to make any progress on it. I was laughing yesterday at the way he mixed jelly with his fried eggs.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 09:31 pm
@Pemerson,
Thanks, pemerson. I appreciate it.
0 Replies

spikepipsqueak

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 05:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
I hope you remember others of his quirks, edgar, it will keep him close.

Jelly and fried eggs? Unusual taste buds as well as unusual talent.

Take care.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 06:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
Will be thinking of you and your family Edgar

hugs and much love to you and yours

((((((((((((((((((((Edgar)))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 06:25 pm
Edgar, you have quite intimately shared with us a lot of your family's history going back for a long time. Well written stories about you and your kin.
I admire your willingness to share your thoughts with a bunch of "strangers", most of whom you have never met. And it is strikes me as great that a bunch of A2Ker's have responded to you.
I know you will be sad at times tomorrow but I hope you will find it possible to remember how much laughter your brother Sam brought to you.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 06:53 pm
@realjohnboy,
One time we were walking in a store, grocery or K-Mart, or something. Out of the blue he says to me, totally deadpan, "Did you know breaking up is hard doo-doo?"
A young woman passing near by thought this was hysterical. She was still breaking up the last glimpse we had of her.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 06:59 pm
Hi, spike and izzie. I guess Sam will always make me laugh. He had a serious side also. He once wrote a very long poem, about a unicorn. I tried to get him to let me circulate it among publishers, but he put it away instead. Beautifully illustrated.
jespah

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 05:23 am
@edgarblythe,
How you doin' today, Edgar?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 05:45 am
@jespah,
So far so good. I have been busy preparing for the work day, so have had no time for reflecting. I have not contacted Sam's wife as yet. She is the one I worry for the most.
jespah

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 05:53 am
@edgarblythe,
I think anniversaries of deaths are very hard. This is why we have Yarzheit. We just kind of acknowledge that, I suppose.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 12:56 pm
I got to work this morning to find the office decorated for a birthday party. It is the new assistant manager's birthday. The boss must really like her. It has been four years since she made that much fuss for one of the office staff. When it was time for the festivities I almost felt like crying before I went in. But they invited my wife and we all ended having a nice time. I plan to stay active today and not let myself dwell overmuch on things.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 01:02 pm
I know what it is like to lose a brother, Edgar. I lost my two older brothers many years ago and hardly a day goes by without me thinking about them. I feel your pain.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 01:11 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
Thanks, gus. It doesn't get easy with time, that I know.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 09:06 pm
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4060/4694229933_304fe4ef61.jpg
Found this photo of one of Sam's first paintings in oil.

Sunday is Roger's birthday. He would have been 70.
dyslexia

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 09:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
yes my brother Charles would be 53 and brother Bruce would be 57. time just adds fog with few clearings of sunlight.