Guns: how much longer will it take ....

maporsche

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2018 02:17 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
I would agree that there should be a transition from pensions to matched-401k contributions, but in no sane world are teachers paid enough.

Six figure salaries are not enough? My son's mother in law makes that teaching high school.

You’ve seen her W2’s?

But no, that’s not enough. She’s probably 30+ years into the system. After that long in a job they’ve earned 6 figures. Cops, firefighters, etc them too.

I wouldn’t do that job for that pay, nor would I have done the 30 years before that making far far less.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2018 02:29 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
You’ve seen her W2’s?

Her daughter has, and is also a college graduate. But you are busy trying to rationalize why it is true. It is no big secret.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 03:47 am
@coldjoint,
AT 10AM THIS MORNING, WED. MARCH 14, THOUSANDS OF STUDENTS NATIONWIDE ARE GOING TO WALK OUT OF THIER CLASSES FOR 17 MINUTES IN A NATIONWIDE SCHOOL WALKOUT, TOO DEMAND ACTION AGAINST GUN VIOLENCE. WHY DO THE KIDS HAVE MORE SENSE THAN THE ADULTS OR OUR POLITICIANS? google "National School wALKOUT" for info..
oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 03:51 am
@MontereyJack,
Just a bunch of whiny brats throwing a tantrum because they aren't being allowed to violate people's civil rights.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 03:58 am
@oralloy,
No. They are mad as hell and they're not going to take the gun lokbby violating their constitutional civil rights. Diid you see what happened in PA lsat night in the heart of Trump country? A third of the students will be voting this fall, and all of them in 2020, and they're not going to take your bullshit any more.
oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 04:03 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
No.

Yes. They are just a bunch of whiny brats throwing a tantrum.

MontereyJack wrote:
They are mad as hell

That is typical of whiny brats who are in the middle of a temper tantrum.

MontereyJack wrote:
they're not going to take the gun lokbby violating their constitutional civil rights.

The gun lobby is not violating their rights in any way.

MontereyJack wrote:
they're not going to take your bullshit any more.

These whiny brats may not like reality, but that does not make reality BS.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 04:07 am
@MontereyJack,

referring to the survivors of a school shooting as "whiny brats" is beyond the pale.

he should be ashamed of himself for saying that...
oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 04:13 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
referring to the survivors of a school shooting as "whiny brats" is beyond the pale.

These whiny brats trying to violate my civil rights for no reason is beyond the pale.

Region Philbis wrote:
he should be ashamed of himself for saying that...

Ashamed for speaking the truth and defending civil rights?

Never!
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 09:32 am
@oralloy,
Students acrokss the country en masse today called BS on the NRA, Trump, and oralloy. Support your local students.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 10:13 am
@MontereyJack,
Students around the world are marching in solidarity with the tens okf thousands okf US student walking out.
oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 11:39 am
@MontereyJack,
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWg4XOTVoAAE1s6.jpg
http://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/966078572321562625
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 11:40 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Students acrokss the country en masse today called BS on the NRA, Trump, and oralloy. Support your local students.

When whiny brats angrily denounce reality, reality continues unabated.

MontereyJack wrote:
Support your local students.

Would giving them baby pacifiers help?
0 Replies

Used2bgood

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 12:49 pm
@BillRM,
The problems at home began when the public let the democrats take the mentally 'challenged' out of the institutions and try to assimulate them into regular society. Look at all of the shooters of the schools and else where and you'll find them all to be 'mentally 'challenged'.

It is time for the Americans to wake up and demand that the government treats the REAL problem, rather than the symptoms ...................
coldjoint

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 01:36 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
marching in solidarity with

Marching to advance progressive authoritarians. Marching for fascism.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 03:36 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYQRPhZWsAA7qMI.jpg

Do you really think these kids are thinking about 2nd amendment and repealing it, or doing what they are told? Progressives have no shame.
And if they have heard of the 2nd amendment it would be interesting to hear what they were told. Let's hope their parents can straighten them out.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/03/14/this-is-pathetic-how-young-is-too-young-to-participate-in-nationalwalkoutday-pics/
maporsche

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 04:05 pm
@coldjoint,
I'm pretty sure they're just thinking that they don't want to get killed in school.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 04:08 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I'm pretty sure they're just thinking that they don't want to get killed in school.

I'm pretty sure their teachers remind them constantly. No shame.
maporsche

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 04:11 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

I'm pretty sure their teachers remind them constantly. No shame.

You don't have any either.
oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 04:12 pm
@maporsche,
Support for civil rights is nothing to be ashamed of.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 04:51 pm
Quote:
A gun-technology pioneer says he's seeing a "huge explosion" in sales of a machine that allows people to make their own untraceable AR-15-style rifles in response to the national debate on gun control.

Defense Distributed founder Cody Wilson, maker of the Ghost Gunner auto-milling machine, says sales doubled in February after the Valentine's Day massacre at a Florida high school, where 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz stands accused of murdering 17 people with an AR-15.

During the first five days of March, sales took another leap after President Trump endorsed tighter background checks and a higher national age limit for gun purchases. From March 1-5, the open-source nonprofit sold as many machines, nearly 200, as it usually does in a month.

"This is a machine that allows you to make a ton of ARs, and people actually do it. I'm shocked. It's like an obsession for some people," said Wilson, a 30-year-old self-described free market anarchist whose organization's previous rate of sales would bring in a few million dollars a year.

"I think it's very, very good that someone can make 12 ARs for themselves. That's a real political capability," he said.

Wilson said he believes a "very conservative" estimate would be that 25,000 to 30,000 AR-15s are in circulation because of his machine, the first generation of which was introduced in 2014. Sometimes, he's contacted by authorities, he said, after the machines have changed hands.

Wilson's Ghost Gunner exploits a loophole in gun control laws that require federally licensed dealers to conduct background checks on people who purchase AR-15 lower receivers, but only when the part is more than 80 percent complete. Lower receivers house an AR-15's trigger and magazine port. Other gun parts are available without a background check.

The microwave-sized Ghost Gunner machine costs $1,675, and 80 percent finished AR-15 lowers are available from many sources, with Defense Distributed asking $65 for the part. Anyone can buy the machine and the partially finished part without government permission. The machine finishes the drilling needed to make the lower receiver work, and can be configured for engraving.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/after-parkland-a-surge-in-make-your-own-ar-15-rifles
0 Replies