Guns: how much longer will it take ....

McGentrix

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 11:09 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Under Harper's Tory regime, all bans on non-military long guns were repealed, and the long gun registry was abolished. In fact, when Québec kept the information from the long gun registry, Harper's people went after them in federal court. A case of "thy will be done" by the conservatives--all hail Harper.

So long guns became untouchable, which leaves hand guns only. Capisce?

Then including Canada on that list seems rather stupid.
Setanta

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 02:21 pm
@McGentrix,
Given that I am not the source of whatever list you refer to--imagine my indifference.
oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 02:31 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
When someone cannot argue (or understand) a complex issue, it's common practice (especially among the feeble minded) to "dumb it down" so to speak.

Which is it?

Can you not argue the issue?
Can you not understand the issue?
Are you feeble minded?

It's that you are wrong but are too dishonorable to admit it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 02:33 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I think it's a complete inability to deal with reality.

Says the person who can't point out a single thing that I'm wrong about.

izzythepush wrote:
Oralloy thinks things are a certain way. For him that's the 'truth.'
He will cling steadfast to that 'truth,' and ignore any facts that contradict it.

No such facts.

izzythepush wrote:
Those facts must be wrong because he knows what the 'truth' is.

Don't blame me for your untrue claims.

izzythepush wrote:
when his errors are pointed out he refuses to accept it and resorts to the same pat phrases about nobody being able to point out anything he's said that's wrong and being some sort of super genius.

Liar.
oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 02:34 pm
@sceletera,
sceletera wrote:
It does matter.

Nope. The fact that they are only banning pistol grips on certain weapons does not change the fact that there is no reason for banning those pistol grips.

sceletera wrote:
To exclude it is simple a repeat of what seems to be your favorite logical fallacy.

Excluding things that have no relevance and focusing on the details that matter is not a logical fallacy.

sceletera wrote:
They banned guns with multiple features that would make them similar to other guns that were banned under the law.

Multiple features that there is no good reason for banning.

sceletera wrote:
The law banned semiautomatic assault weapons and then created a definition of those weapons which listed specific weapons and a description of what would count on any future weapons.

A definition that is based entirely on features that there is no reason to ban.

sceletera wrote:
A declarative statement on your part doesn't make me wrong. It only further provides further evidence that farmerman's description of you is true.

My statement was accompanied with an explanation as to why you were wrong once again.

sceletera wrote:
Except every court case challenging the constitutionality of the assault weapons ban lost in court.

Appeal to authority is a logical fallacy.

sceletera wrote:
On what basis do you claim the law was unconstitutional?

On the basis of the fact that laws are only allowed to restrict a constitutional right if there is a very good reason to justify that restriction.
oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 02:35 pm
@sceletera,
sceletera wrote:
Arguing about pistol grips is merely a red herring on your part.

Nope. Referring to a law about pistol grips, by addressing pistol grips, is not a red herring.
oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 02:36 pm
@sceletera,
sceletera wrote:
A declaration without any support. Provide support for your statement. Simply declaring you are correct without any supporting documentation will always result in a failing grade.

That's some quality irony there. You should bottle it and sell it.

Wow. Laughing
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 02:46 pm
@izzythepush,
That is rich coming from someone living in the UK, you know the reality recognition thing you accused Orally of. In fact it sounds like you are doing a bit of projection while pondering your truth you won't let go.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 02:46 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
He's pretty much been reduced to sputtering the same non sequiturs ad nauseum.

Facts that prove that you are wrong are not non sequiturs.

Spluttering? Don't be silly.

I only provide a factual rebuttal to your untrue claims when you make an untrue claim. Perhaps if you stopped making untrue claims ad nauseum?

hightor wrote:
Sceletera and Zardoz, who have a lot more patience than I, have both exposed his limited capacity to learn when he's been bested.

When someone makes an untrue claim and I provide a factual rebuttal, that is hardly me being bested.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 02:47 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Both Sceletera and Zardoz have great patience and have spent a lot of time proving him wrong only to be met with. 'You're unable to point out a single fact I've got wrong.'

Liar.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 02:49 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
perseveration

Some people persevere in making untrue statements. I persevere in correcting untrue statements.

ehBeth wrote:
I try not to set it off. I don't think it's helpful for people around him/her in real life.

My correcting untrue statements does not harm anyone.

Although sometimes it causes mild distress in people who wished that no one had corrected their untrue statements.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 04:27 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Given that I am not the source of whatever list you refer to--imagine my indifference.

Then why did you reply? If you are so indifferent, then maybe you shouldn't insert yourself when not asked?
glitterbag

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 04:31 pm
@McGentrix,
Geez, McG, that couldn't be the first time someone blew you off? Where's the surprise?
0 Replies

sceletera

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 04:45 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

izzythepush wrote:
I think it's a complete inability to deal with reality.

Says the person who can't point out a single thing that I'm wrong about.

Really?
I give authorization for anyone to use this from me.
sceletera wrote:

Let me cite some of the examples:
1.) You claimed there was no focus on mental disabilities.
https://able2know.org/topic/131081-67#post-6601745
In fact, the focus was specifically on mental disabilities. The SS regulation required that someone be on disability and that the disability be because of a mental defect.
https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2016-12-19/pdf/2016-30407.pdf
page 91713
Quote:
(a) In accordance with the
requirements of the NIAA, we will
identify the records of individuals
whom we have ‘‘adjudicated as a mental
defective.’

Feel free to read the rest. It clearly shows your statement to be false.

2.)
oralloy wrote:
No. The rule covered everyone who receives social security checks and can't handle their financials. No limitations to mental illness.

No, the rule did not cover everyone.
Quote:
(4) Has attained age 18, but has not
attained full retirement age; and

ibid. Page 91714
It exempted everyone under 18 and those that had reached retirement age. (Retirement is different based on when a person was born.)
That is even before we get to the other tests for who is adjudicated as a mental defective.

3.)
oralloy wrote:
Nope. I post facts. You're the one who is ignoring them.
Your statement about the rule covering everyone is clearly not a fact. This comment was referring to that statement.

4.)
oralloy wrote:
No such focus. It covered people who receive Social Security for any reason, if they do not handle their own finances.

This statement is also not true. The first requirement is
Quote:
(1) Has filed a claim based on
disability;

ibid Page 91714
Only those that have filed a disability claim are covered under the regulation

5.)
oralloy wrote:
I'm on record repeatedly linking to the executive order when Obama had it on his White House page
Since this is a regulation and not an executive order you couldn't have provided links to an executive order. Executive orders are all listed here:
https://www.federalregister.gov/executive-orders
When asked to point to the specific one, you posted links that use the term executive action which is in no way an Executive Order.
When I do a search for "oralloy" and "whitehouse.gov" which would be in any url linked to the whitehouse nothing comes up other than a link when you are discussing Bibi Netentahu. There are no other instances of you using "whitehouse.gov" on this site. Can you explain how you repeatedly did something that doesn't show up in a simple search?

Now anyone can cite examples of you being wrong.
oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 04:51 pm
@sceletera,
sceletera wrote:

Pointing out an isolated case where someone else found a single error (that didn't even impact the point under discussion) does not change the reality that these people are unable to cite any of the imaginary cases of wrongness that they use to avoid confronting the facts that I post.
sceletera

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 04:54 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

sceletera wrote:
It does matter.

Nope. The fact that they are only banning pistol grips on certain weapons does not change the fact that there is no reason for banning those pistol grips.

Your argument about banning pistol grips is an example of the Illicit Major fallacy.
http://www.fallacyfiles.org/illmajor.html

It is predicated on the following premise and conclusion
Premise A. The U.S. Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 banned guns with certain features.
Premise B. One of the features on the banned guns was a pistol grip
Conclusion: The U.S. Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 banned pistol grips.

Your conclusion is fallacious and easily shown to be fallacious since any bolt action rifle with a pistol grip would not have been banned under the law.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/103/hr4296/text

izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 04:55 pm
@sceletera,
sceletera wrote:

Everyone already has. Oralloy either has some sort of mental condition or he's wilfully blind.

I don't want to speculate but Beth has already provided us with the term for what he does. If you google the definition it supports the former hypothesis.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 04:57 pm
@oralloy,
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 04:57 pm
@sceletera,
sceletera wrote:
Your argument about banning pistol grips is an example of the Illicit Major fallacy.
http://www.fallacyfiles.org/illmajor.html

It is predicated on the following premise and conclusion
Premise A. The U.S. Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 banned guns with certain features.
Premise B. One of the features on the banned guns was a pistol grip
Conclusion: The U.S. Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 banned pistol grips.

Your conclusion is fallacious and easily shown to be fallacious since any bolt action rifle with a pistol grip would not have been banned under the law.

Wrong again. The fact that there were pistol grips that were not banned does not change the fact that other pistol grips were banned.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 04:59 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Everyone already has.

Liar.
0 Replies