Guns: how much longer will it take ....

glitterbag

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 04:37 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Sounds like a good argument for having a reliable self defense gun.

Have you ever had to shoot a prostitute in self defense?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 04:50 pm
@glitterbag,
Funny how so many mass shooters are described as quiet, law abiding, good neighbours, just like Oralloy and his buddies, right up until the time they snap.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 04:59 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

Civil rights are perfectly defensible.
you hV SUCCESSFULLY compartmentalized theCivil right" from the crime commited because of it by a nutbag.
Going fter nutbags seems to have been not on NRA's viewing scope until now, I see all you guys backed into a corner so now your overlords are "Giving permission" to consider some laws.
Who died and left Wayne in charge of who lives and dies by his masters products?

NRA used to actually be a good thing when it was all about gun sports and hunting and a wee bit about sel defense but NOT the final arbiter of a single constitutional amendment.

oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 05:43 pm
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:
the rights of little men to protect their dick replacements.

Freedom Haters sure are bigots.
Glennn

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 05:47 pm
@Wilso,
What do you think, wilso, I shouldn't have a handgun in my home for self defense?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 05:49 pm
@oralloy,
and the NRA represents the Nascent Fascist state. Make believe you care about civil right when all you do is to trample on the individual right of life
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 05:51 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Have you ever had to shoot a prostitute in self defense?

Have you ever visited Antarctica?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 05:58 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
and the NRA represents the Nascent Fascist state.

Fascists hate civil rights.

The NRA protects civil rights.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 06:03 pm
@Wilso,
Wilso, where have you gone? Are your drive-by hit & run posts your way of compensating for something you lack? Cuz that's the feeling I'm getting. That's right, I'm asking you to use the brain in your head above your waist.
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 06:06 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
you hV SUCCESSFULLY compartmentalized theCivil right" from the crime commited because of it by a nutbag.

Civil rights are not the reason why criminals commit crimes.

Separating crimes from civil rights is just how things are done in free countries.

farmerman wrote:
Going fter nutbags seems to have been not on NRA's viewing scope until now, I see all you guys backed into a corner so now your overlords are "Giving permission" to consider some laws.

We're not backed into any corner.

farmerman wrote:
Who died and left Wayne in charge of who lives and dies by his masters products?

Your sentence doesn't make any sense. He doesn't have a master that produces any products. His master is the NRA membership who elected him to lead them. Nor is he in charge of people living or dying.

farmerman wrote:
NRA used to actually be a good thing when it was all about gun sports and hunting and a wee bit about sel defense but NOT the final arbiter of a single constitutional amendment.

And now that they help protect our civil rights, they are a hundred times better.
farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 06:20 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
We're not backed into any corner
oh no?

As far as Wayne's world, I sid it would be generationally accomplished to limit the NRA's hold on Congress's nutsack (If they even have a collective one). But, maybe the inaction that preceeded the most recent shootings has sufficiently stirred the hornets
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 06:23 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Wilso, where have you gone? Are your drive-by hit & run posts your way of compensating for something you lack? Cuz that's the feeling I'm getting. That's right, I'm asking you to use the brain in your head above your waist.

Wilso puts it nicely. He says what's to be said and lets you worry about any consequences.
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 06:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
All Wilso did was spew a bigoted name-calling rant.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 06:27 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
oh no?

No.

We're just fine, and all ready to give you guys an even worse drubbing if our shattering of Obama's presidency wasn't enough of a beat down for you.

farmerman wrote:
As far as Wayne's world, I sid it would be generationally accomplished to limit the NRA's hold on Congress's nutsack (If they even have a collective one).

And I said that future generations will value their freedom just as much as past ones did.

farmerman wrote:
But, maybe the inaction that preceeded the most recent shootings has sufficiently stirred the hornets

Like I said, if you guys want an even worse beat down we're ready to give it to you.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 06:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Wilso puts it nicely. He says what's to be said and lets you worry about any consequences.

I don't have to worry about the consequences of what he said--not that he said anything of substance. Wilso was simply trying to insult his way to making a point. That's how smart he is.

And now we're experiencing Wilso's commitment to his stand on the issue; it is glaringly absent.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 06:55 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:

This is a BS arguement against the NRA and gun adcovates. Since this has become an issue, it has been the gun advocates who have claimed it was a mental health issue, the left has claimed it was a gun issue, don't try and flip the script. Those who pay attention won't fall for it.

Quote:

Once again a pointless statement which goes to show you don't care about the mental illness issue, you are concerned with guns and that's it.

Quote:

It seems you don't know about the NRA at all, you know what your anti-gun political masters have told you about them. The biggest thing you hate about the NRA is that they stand in the way of the left gutting the 2nd Amendment.

The NRA is very involved in hunter and gun safety courses all across the US. They do things like sponsor "Ladies nights" at local gun ranges to promote gun safety and self-defense of women. Go to a local gun range and find out how many of the instructors are NRA certified. Do you know how many people take part in shooting sports? Long range rife, pistol, skeet-shooting or 3 gun challenge? People of both sexes and all ages and races are part of these competitions, it not a bunch of red necks with pappies shotgun.

Baldimo

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 06:56 pm
@glitterbag,
Have you stopped beating your husband?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 08:48 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:

This is a BS arguement against the NRA and gun adcovates. Since this has become an issue, it has been the gun advocates who have claimed it was a mental health issue
NO, it is YOU who are full of ****. The gun nutz have totally ignored anything doing with gun control, while the side on which I stand, weve been saying that mental health AND availability of militarized rifles with all the features , short barrels, pistol grips, surpressors, and mostly high capacity clips and receivers to take high capacity clips are a PACKGE PROBLEM
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 05:52 am
As the students are saying of gun people: "Vote them out." They don't get any arguments or facts. Take them out of power.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 06:36 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
NO, it is YOU who are full of ****. The gun nutz have totally ignored anything doing with gun control, while the side on which I stand, weve been saying that mental health AND availability of militarized rifles with all the features , short barrels, pistol grips, surpressors, and mostly high capacity clips and receivers to take high capacity clips are a PACKGE PROBLEM

You're talking about pistol grips again....

Pistol grips are not a problem in any way.

Flash suppressors are not a problem in any way.

What do you mean by short barrels? The law requires rifles (including assault rifles) to have barrels that are at least 16 inches long.

ANY receiver that accepts detachable magazines can accept high capacity magazines.
0 Replies