Guns: how much longer will it take ....

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 07:48 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
... a gun owner is a potential child killer.

So is a spoon owner.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 11:51 pm
@Ticomaya,
It would be damn hard to kill 20 people with a spoon wouldent it? I think I would take my chances with the one with a spoon rather than the one with a gun.
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 06:27 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
"GUN NUT" is a term that the child killers hate to have used because it focuses on their pathological obsession.

Compromise cannot be achieved with you extremists. The only thing to do is destroy the career of any politician who dares to side with you.

The assault weapons ban and magazine limits are down. Next target: universal background checks.

We have the Republican-controlled House as a backup, but better if we can down it in the Senate.

The fight goes on.
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 08:33 am
@RABEL222,
I didn't say it would be easy to kill anyone with a spoon. My effort was simply to make a point as absurd as yours.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 08:41 am
@oralloy,
You call everyone who disagrees with you a "Freedom hater" and then call me an extremist. Welcome to your world behind the looking glass.
farmerman

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 08:42 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The fight goes on
harvesting children is hard work but someone's gotta do it.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 10:34 am
Was reeading commentary yesterday that major gun law change is dead in large part because Obama has not invested political capital in it, the speculation being that he is keeping his powder dry for immigration reform.

Sounds right.

The other major point was that any chance of movement in spite of the Obama no-show was squandered by the Dems humoring Feistein and her fantasies...also sounds right.
ZarathustraReborn

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 05:12 pm
The issue at hand here is not whether or not guns cause death-- the issue is a public that wants a solution to violence itself. But violence is incurable. It is written in our blood. But to most people, that is not a proper answer. They want reprisal. They want solutions. So blame semi-automatic high-capacity rifles. Ban them. Death will go away.

That is not even an answer. It is an emotional response to a illogical act. But we never stop to think of why the Second Amendment was enacted. Not because we are some good 'ol can shootin' Americans-- it is a foresight. One written by our constitutional fathers in order to preserve the peoples right to defend themselves against an oppressive government.

Hitler disarmed the people before fascist Germany was born. Mao Zedong, Pol Pot, Stalin, AMERICA to the Sioux Indians at Wounded Knee Creek! Wake up. All nations go through cycles: democracy, representative government, oligarchy, dictatorship. What part of this cycle do you think America is at now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy7FVXERKFE

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 05:53 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
You call everyone who disagrees with you a "Freedom hater"

Incorrect. I call people like the 9/11 hijackers Freedom Haters. Mere disagreement with me is not nearly enough.

farmerman wrote:
and then call me an extremist.

Yes. Your hatred of our Constitution is appalling.

farmerman wrote:
Welcome to your world behind the looking glass.

My world is represented by love of freedom.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 06:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Was reeading commentary yesterday that major gun law change is dead in large part because Obama has not invested political capital in it,

Not dead quite yet. We've won on assault weapons and high capacity magazines, but the push for "nationwide gun registration in the guise of expanded background checks" continues.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 07:29 am
@mysteryman,
No, I think it was pretty clear that fm was referring to gun nuts as being child killers.

All gun owners are not gun nuts.
Gun nuts are people that put their gun ownership above the lives of children. Most gun owners would not be in that group as evidenced by recent polls.
oralloy

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 08:03 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
Gun nuts are people that put their gun ownership above the lives of children.

The fact that we don't let Freedom Haters get away with using "dead children" as an excuse to violate people's civil rights for no reason, doesn't justify childish name-calling against us.
parados

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 09:34 am
@oralloy,
It's nice to know that "Freedom Haters" is adultish name-calling.
oralloy

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 11:36 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
It's nice to know that "Freedom Haters" is adultish name-calling.

It's a fair term for people who hate America's freedom: the 9/11 hijackers for example.
parados

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 12:48 pm
@oralloy,
And gun nuts isn't a fair term for those that want to eliminate the entire US Constitution except the 2nd amendment?
oralloy

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 01:28 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
And gun nuts isn't a fair term for those that want to eliminate the entire US Constitution except the 2nd amendment?

The only people who want to eliminate any part of the Constitution are the Freedom Haters.

And no, the term "gun nut" is just childish name-calling that the bad guys use to express their frustration at being prevented from violating people's civil rights.
parados

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 01:34 pm
@oralloy,
But you are trying to eliminate part of the Constitution when you claim you have a right to own any gun you want since the Constitution clearly doesn't say that the the Courts authorized to rule on the Constitution haven't said that.
oralloy

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 02:28 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
But you are trying to eliminate part of the Constitution when you claim you have a right to own any gun you want

Any gun I want???

Never made such a claim.

But were I to make such a claim, I'm pretty sure it would not involve trying to eliminate any part of the Constitution.
parados

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 02:50 pm
@oralloy,
If it is clear that registration will lead to confiscation then I think it is pretty clear you demand to own any gun you want.

If it is clear that Obama wants to ban guns then I think it is pretty clear you demand to own any gun you want.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 02:52 pm
@oralloy,
And that makes it very clear that you want to eliminate parts of the Constitution which I guess makes us wonder why you call us the Freedom haters.