Guns: how much longer will it take ....

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 08:33 am
@oralloy,
that entirepost is nonsense for the reasons i have stated. And you are wring about what "appeals to authority" or 'the crowd" are. I was warning others you post fallacies.
oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 08:43 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
that entirepost is nonsense for the reasons i have stated.

Progressives really hate facts and reality, but no. Sorry progressives, facts and reality are not nonsense.

MontereyJack wrote:
And you are wring about what "appeals to authority" or 'the crowd" are.

It is perfectly appropriate for me to point out all the logical fallacies in your arguments.

MontereyJack wrote:
I was warning others you post fallacies.

You're a phony. You cannot back that up by actually pointing out any fallacies in my arguments.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 11:47 am
@oralloy,
There is one very important fact about MontereyJack. He is obviously in favor of allowing discussion. He doesn't prevent you or I from stating what we believe. That is an extremely big difference between him and those power hungry progressives that do not allow freedom of speech.
oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 12:56 pm
@NealNealNeal,
MJ doesn't engage in vicious name-calling either. I like that.

Sorry MJ, I know it's a little weird us talking about you right in front of you. But the gist of the conversation is that you're a pretty good guy. I hope you take this as a compliment.
NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 02:03 pm
@oralloy,
As is Vikorr. He has a traditional view of the word "progressive". Under this definition, MLK was a progressive.
oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 02:39 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Vikorr can get nasty sometimes if you disagree with him.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 04:37 pm
A traditional view of what a progressive is? So, you mean, the dictionary meaning? Good to know.

As for Oralloy saying if you disagree with me, I go about 'getting nasty', what he mean is I've called him out on his hypocrisy of calling his opinions facts even while he claims he only deals in reality and facts. As Oralloy knows, I've no issue with people disagreeing with me when they can support their reasons with honesty & logic - as a great deal of our values and beliefs rely on perspective. Calling his own opinions facts is not honest, and constantly claiming his opinions as facts is not rational.

It's been many pages since I made a post here. Must have made an impression.
oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 04:45 pm
@vikorr,
I've never called my opinions facts and you are a liar for saying that I have done so.

And no, what I was thinking of was your recent campaign to falsely accuse me of racism.
vikorr

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 08:10 pm
@oralloy,
You claim your opinion as fact all the time - as just one example, you claim progressives as evil is fact. Evil itself is subjective, and what is progressive is subjective (because virtually everyone is some part progressive, some part conservative - only the percentages vary). So we have you claiming subjective+subjective=fact. There can be nothing factual about 'progressives are evil'

The racism accusation was quite some time ago, and based on your interpretation of facts always in the favour of the white person who shoots the black person (or as with the uncontrolled dog lady in Central Park, same)....without ever truly admitting any perspective from the black persons side. That your arguments have some validity (because they are a perspective) is not the issue - it is that your chosen perspective only ever supports the white persons side, when there are multiple angles incidents can be perceived from. It is the double standard that makes you racist in these arguments. Outside of that? Who knows.

You want to black and white (figuatively) about things. That is obvious. The world isn't made that way.
oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 08:40 pm
@vikorr,
You're a liar and a phony. You have no honor and no integrity. And everything that you say about me is a lie.
vikorr

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 08:53 pm
@oralloy,
Rolling Eyes

Would you care to link a thread where you support the black persons side in such incidents? I can link several where you are taking only the white persons side in these incidents.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2021 09:16 am
hah
oralloy

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2021 10:06 am
@MontereyJack,
Look at the way I always oppose the atrocities that progressives try to inflict on innocent people.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2021 12:17 pm
@oralloy,
What you do is invent those "atrocities". They don't have any real existence.
oralloy

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2021 01:10 pm
@MontereyJack,
The only thing more despicable than a progressive who commits atrocities is a progressive who denies atrocities. Shame on you for being such a disgusting person.

I do not invent progressive attempts to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto rifles.

I do not invent progressive abuse of the law to try to harm politicians that they disagree with.

I do not invent progressive attempts to drive people who disagree with them out of business or get them fired.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2021 03:11 pm
So you can't link a single thread where you give anything more than a token acknowledgement to a perspective of a black person in these incidents... And many of them do contain perspectives. In each and every case you've taken the white persons side...the killing of Armoud Arbery, a black jogger who was hunted down by white males....the calling of police in NY on a bird watcher black man (Christian Cooper) by a white female (Amy Cooper) because he asked her to control her dog....Zimmerman stalking and killing a black male visiting his aunty because he was out of place in the neighbourhood...All of these you took the side of the white people, barely acknowledging any perspective of the black person. You jumped to conclusions where there wasn't direct evidence, always in favour of the white person (eg in Zimmerman there are unaccounted minutes where you interpret everything that 'must' have occurred in Zimmermans favour).

This isn't about justice or truth...both of which must take into account all perspectives (which you've displayed you don't)...but about your displayed penchant for only taking the white persons side. I've asked you several times to show a thread where you have given anything more than a token to the black persons perspective...you haven't produced one. And it meets the very definition of racism if any person only ever considers one given races perspective over another given race.
oralloy

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2021 04:37 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
So you can't link a single thread where you give anything more than a token acknowledgement to a perspective of a black person in these incidents...

The only perspective I care about is truth and justice.

You being evil, you can't relate to this.

vikorr wrote:
In each and every case you've taken the white persons side...

Wrong. I only take the white person's side when the white person is in the right.

vikorr wrote:
the killing of Armoud Arbery, a black jogger who was hunted down by white males....

Since white people get lynched for calling the police when they feel threatened by a minority, it is reasonable for them to instead take matters into their own hands when they feel threatened.

It's a shame they didn't understand the three S's. Releasing the video to the public was a bad move. That third "S" is supposed to be "shut up".

vikorr wrote:
the calling of police in NY on a bird watcher black man (Christian Cooper) by a white female (Amy Cooper) because he asked her to control her dog....

No, because he was threatening her and her pet.

If she had followed the three S's instead of calling the police, her life would not have been destroyed.

vikorr wrote:
Zimmerman stalking and killing a black male visiting his aunty because he was out of place in the neighbourhood...

That's an outright lie. Trayvon stalked and tried to murder Mr. Zimmerman, who fired his gun in self defense to save his life.

vikorr wrote:
All of these you took the side of the white people, barely acknowledging any perspective of the black person.

Wrong. I took the side of truth and justice.

vikorr wrote:
You jumped to conclusions where there wasn't direct evidence, always in favour of the white person

Wrong. There is ample evidence that this thug was threatening Amy Cooper and her pet.

vikorr wrote:
(eg in Zimmerman there are unaccounted minutes where you interpret everything that 'must' have occurred in Zimmermans favour).

Wrong again. The evidence is clear that there was no confrontation during those minutes. And when the confrontation did occur, it was in the exact spot where, four minutes earlier, Mr. Zimmerman had been advised that it was a bad idea for him to continue his pursuit.

vikorr wrote:
This isn't about justice or truth...

Yes it is. And you are the enemy of both.

vikorr wrote:
justice or truth...both of which must take into account all perspectives

Wrong. Justice and the truth is not arrived at by giving credence to lies.

vikorr wrote:
...but about your displayed penchant for only taking the white persons side.

You are lying about me displaying any such penchant.

vikorr wrote:
And it meets the very definition of racism if any person only ever considers one given races perspective over another given race.

You are lying about me doing this.

Of course, given that you are evil, it is expected that you will lie about those of us who are good. But it is also expected that we good people will denounce your evil lies.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2021 06:10 pm
@oralloy,
tsk tsk, childish name-calling.
oralloy

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2021 06:11 pm
@MontereyJack,
Wrong again. Condemnation of atrocities is neither childish nor name-calling.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2021 06:17 pm
@oralloy,
refers to "evil". childishh name calling. Also all youi clear racist attempts to exonerate whites and demonize backs fail. More time than i have at the moment to prove that, but it is very true. Vikor is right.