Guns: how much longer will it take ....

maporsche

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:19 pm
@Green Witch,
I care more about my right to own guns than I do about the life that is lost because of guns.

I don't know why you feel people have to admit this, it's rather obvious isn't it?

Hell, I don't think it's even that shocking of a statement. I care more about my freedom than the lives that are lost protecting my freedom.

I care more about driving my car than I do the lives that are lost because we buy oil from the Middle East. Or the lives that are lost in car accidents.

Hell, people care more about cheap clothes than they do about the lives that are destroyed in sweat shops.
Green Witch

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:19 pm
@BillRM,
WFT are you talking about? Could you please have your Mom proof read your replies before posting.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:24 pm
@maporsche,
I appreciate your honesty. We are all guilty of something and it's better to admit the truth than walk in ignorance. I think it's important to at least face our own realities - even when they are ugly. It's the only way we can create fair and beneficial change.
mysteryman

@Green Witch,
Quote:
At least I wish the gun people would just admit they care more about guns than people

That is such a stupid comment it defies logic.

I am a "gun person" and I do care about other people.
BUT, I dont care about those people that would commit violent crimes or use a gun to commit any type of illegal act.
If they choose to live that way, they have forfeited their rights, IMHO.
When they choose to ignore the rights of others, when they choose to prey on innocent people, when they choose to commit crimes, then they have chosen to give up their rights, including the right to life.

So, if they kill or injure someone with a gun, they should die.
And if I have to use my own personal weapon to make sure that happens, so be it.

I am NOT advocating that someone get denied a trial if they get arrested, but I am advocating that if you use a gun during a crime, that anyone that has a gun has the legal obligation to shoot you on the spot.
0 Replies

BillRM

@Green Witch,
And what changes would you like to see?
msolga

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:30 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
I think the largest growing segment of gun owners are more about the power guns give an individual and not the sport. Guns no longer equal food or safety from an intruder, but rather individual power and machismo. We've had a few drug raids in my area and the cops didn't find hunting rifles, but rather small sized machine guns . These military style guns are scary. I think people who crave them are not the same as the guy who owns a few guns to hunt deer or protect his family from intruders. These bigger, badder guns are designed to kill many quickly and give the user a feeling of invincibility. I think they are just want criminals crave and it's why drug lords in Mexico come to the US to stock up on weapons. I don't think we are ever going to see these guns removed from our society because the people who are attracted to them have an addiction to the feeling of power these guns offer . We could not eliminate these guns in our society anymore than we can get rid of drugs. We are saturated with them- and they are a big, profitable business based on demand.

Interesting post, Green Witch.
What are the legalities regarding these military style guns?
Who can own one (or more, I guess?) & under what sort of circumstances would ownership be allowed?
I can't imagine why any citizen would actually need a power gun, say nothing of why the state would allow it.
OGIONIK

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:31 pm
@BillRM,
give me a micro uzi and a silencer with a big ass clip YIPPPEE KYAY MOTHRFUCKERS.

jk. when i move to ohio the first guns im buying are a 22 pistola nd rifle, a 45 and 9mm pistol, and some sort of hunting rifle. dont know which one yet.

oh and a 12 gauge for the house naw mean, u break in my **** and hear "chick chick". your walking your ass straight the **** out.

gonna be like HELLL NAW mothercucker u can keep YO ****. i aint a durmb burgler
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:34 pm
@msolga,
If you can buy a shotgun or a pistol you can buy an "assault weapon". They have to be the semi-auto versions typically. You need a much more involved permit to own a fully-automatic version.

I own one of these "military style guns". It's no more dangerous than a hunting rifle that uses the same ammo.

As for needing the gun; I hope I never do. But IF I do, I'll be super-glad MY forefathers had the idea of America that they did, where individual freedom trumps all.

And I'm not blind to the fact that my need for such a gun might be against those who might have the desire to confiscate them.

0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:35 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
We've had a few drug raids in my area and the cops didn't find hunting rifles, but rather small sized machine guns . These military style guns are scary

First off, unless you have a federal permit it is illegal to own any type of machine gun or any other fully automatic weapon.
So, since you say these guns were confiscated during drug raids, the people raided were already committing a felony.
These kind of people have no regard for the law, so why does it surprise you that they broke another law?
Green Witch

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:38 pm
@BillRM,
I would like to see a change in the world so great that no one felt the need for a fire arm, but I'm not holding my breath for that. I think we have made our choice and now must live with the consequences. The guns will stay as long as there is a demand for them. I can't think of a single law that would make a difference.
OGIONIK

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:39 pm
@mysteryman,
precisely the question people whoa re anti-gun WILL NOT ANSWER!

they avoid, disregard and ignore the question.

Ok, so elts get rid of all guns. police first.

what do yall say?

NO? but guns are abd. and olice have lots of em! lets start there!

why not?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:40 pm
@Green Witch,
I agree with you here.

If there were a giant red button that would destroy every gun, I'd be first in line to push it.

Since it doesn't exist; I'll settle for being prepared.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:43 pm
@mysteryman,
I know that, MM. But we all know anyone can get these guns. I live 40 minutes away from a small city that easily has these weapons available for a fist full of cash.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:45 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I care more about my right to own guns than I do about the life that is lost because of guns.

wow, quite the misanthrope, aren't you. Fact is, gun control works in other civilized countries and crime is just a fraction of that of the United States.
We know that gun control works, gun nuts don't!

I can't believe what I am reading here from pro-gun fanatics, it's quite scary
actually!
dlowan

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:47 pm
@CalamityJane,
Always has been.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:49 pm
@CalamityJane,
I am not a misanthrope AT ALL.

Gun control has NEVER worked in the US; look at Chicago, New York, DC. Gun control will never work in the US.

You care more about your right to drive cars than you do the lives that are lost in car accidents, or the lives that are lost by crazy oil funded governments in the worst parts of the world don't you?

Dictatorships work in other countries too...should we emulate that?

0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:50 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
pro-gun fanatics

I dont consider myself a "pro-gun fanatic" at all.
I do believe in the US Constitution, including the 2nd amendment.
Are you saying you dont believe in the US Constitution (assuming you live in the US)
Green Witch

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:51 pm
@CalamityJane,
I think maporsche is the only one being honest. We all make choices everyday that hurt other people. Few of us are willing to change our lives because of it.
OGIONIK

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:54 pm
@Green Witch,
if im not mistaken i dont think crime has stopped much in the uk at all...

my friends tell me its quite scary there.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 07:55 pm
I find it funny that those of you that want to ban guns dont want to ban automobiles.
After all, its a proven fact that cars kill more people then guns every year in the US.
Or would banning automobiles be to much of an inconvenience for you?