Guns: how much longer will it take ....

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2020 11:37 am
@oralloy,
of copourse you are. you make all kinds of wild-eyed charges with no evidence., just yiur own perfervid imagination.
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2020 12:09 am
@MontereyJack,
Wrong again. I can back up every fact that I've ever posted.

I've always made it clear that I will back up my factual claims if anyone requests a cite, and I've always done so when someone has requested a cite.

Now, if you are referring to times when I express my opinion about something (for example my opinion that progressive ideology is demented), that is not a factual claim.

For all of your empty false accusations about me supposedly referring to opinions as facts, you always seem to be the one who is treating my opinions as if they were factual claims.

Note that imagination is different from both facts and opinion. The three are totally different things from each other.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2020 07:29 am
@oralloy,
You don't back them up. You just state something outrageous and go on as if it were true or fact, when it's purely something you've pulled out of your imagination (which is also a fertile soiurce of baseless opinion)
NealNealNeal

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 02:29 pm
@MontereyJack,
ALL LIVES MATTER. Americans need to stop hurting each other Progressives like to pit one group of people against another group. They are power hungry. Let's all help each other.
I would love it if we all tried to make our individual selves people of character. Let's change ourselves first. Then and only then can we "change the world".
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 09:34 pm
@MontereyJack,
Wrong again. You are the only person here who doesn't back anything up. And your post here is an example of that failure.

You cannot back up your empty accusation by providing a single example of me not backing up my facts when someone requests a cite.

I'm also open to back up my facts right now. All someone has to do is request a cite.

Of course, you'll never do that, because you know that I'll actually provide the cite.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 10:15 am
@oralloy,
It will just be another opinion pretending to be a fact.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2020 10:01 am
@MontereyJack,
Coming back here every few weeks to check on things is always a good time. You people are like a time capsule that can be opened up and look at a snap-shot in time. It's the same stupid endless dog chasing it's tale arguments of someone making a point and someone else countering with something unrelated, which is usually a personal attack of some sort or another, then 3 or 5 pages are spent hurling taunts back and forth like kindergartners. You boomers keep up the good fight, I'll be back in a couple of weeks to check on you.

BTW, your gun control debate is done and gone. There will not be any new legislation passed on gun control for a few years now, the extreme left has lite the candle and made a majority of the population feel unsafe. With record number gun sales in the last few months, Obama could only dream of driving gun sales like this, and people discovering the lies they've been told about background checks and what it takes to get a gun in their state, you might even see a small reversal of laws to make it easier to get them. As has been the case, the majority of the gun crimes are taking place in Dem controlled cities and people are flying in record numbers to get away from the massive increase of violence that has taken place since the "defund" the police movement started. Good luck with this loosing debate. If 2020 had continued as a normal year without the Rona, you might have a point to continue this debate and I might still take your arguments seriously, but with the tiny tyrants of the Dem cities killing their people during the lockdowns and then the explosion of riots and looting after the rightful peaceful protests stopped, people are not going to want more laws. These protests haven't been peaceful since the week after George Floyd was killed.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2020 04:59 am
@Baldimo,
You complain about gun violence but don’t want gun control. Talk about mind-addling gun zealotry.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2020 08:32 am
@InfraBlue,
We already have massive amounts of gun control and in the places that have the most rules on gun control, have the most violence. You can't export laws to places that do not experience the same issues that you do. This is proof in the pudding that none of you leftists and liberals care about black lives, because the increase in murder rates are affecting black people the most. If you all really ******* cared you would fight the real battles and not infringe on my rights.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2020 12:10 pm
@Baldimo,
The gun control we have is a pittance everywhere.

You can't see past your gun zealotry. Gun control is about caring.

What are the "real battles"?
coldjoint

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2020 12:30 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Gun control is about caring.

Gun control is about control. Unarmed people can be controlled.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2020 04:37 pm
@coldjoint,
Control yourself or be controlled.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 01:55 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Spare me the silly virtue signalling.

Outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto long guns is about the sadistic pleasure that progressives get from violating people's civil liberties and nothing else.
oralloy

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 05:33 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
It's the same stupid endless dog chasing it's tale arguments of someone making a point and someone else countering with something unrelated, which is usually a personal attack of some sort or another, then 3 or 5 pages are spent hurling taunts back and forth like kindergartners.

A lot of that was me responding to the name-callers.

I just put a lot of the name-callers on ignore, so I will not be responding to them as I once did.

This will likely cut down on such thread derailments. It will also result in much less of my time being wasted.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 08:42 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:

Does that mean there are guns still available you don't like, so gun control isn't strong enough?

Quote:

It actually has nothing to do with caring, if you cared, you would make sure people in the worst neighborhoods in the US could protect themselves in this day and age of "defund" the police. The left talks out of both sides of their faces. One side says, "only the police should have these types of weapons", and the other side of the face says, "defund the police, all they do is kill people".

Quote:

Not gun control. As I pointed out, gun sales have spiked in the last few months because of the Rona and now the riots and looting. People are seeing the truth about gun control and the laws you want won't be long for this world, at least not for another 20 years. People are seeing what happens when you let the crazies run the loony bin, and the inner cities will never recover from the damage. Congrats.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 10:25 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

Spare me the silly virtue signalling.

Since Baldimo brought up caring, talk to him about virtue signalling.

oralloy wrote:

Outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto long guns is about the sadistic pleasure that progressives get from violating people's civil liberties and nothing else.

M-kay.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 10:46 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:

Does that mean there are guns still available you don't like, so gun control isn't strong enough?

Partially. It also means there are too many guns and not enough restrictions on owning them.

Baldimo wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

It actually has nothing to do with caring, if you cared, you would make sure people in the worst neighborhoods in the US could protect themselves in this day and age of "defund" the police.

"Defund the police" is something that just came up recently. Along with comprehensive gun control, caring also involves the ending of police brutality.

Baldimo wrote:
The left talks out of both sides of their faces. One side says, "only the police should have these types of weapons", and the other side of the face says, "defund the police, all they do is kill people".

Heh, I doubt the two arguments are made by the same leftist.

Baldimo wrote:

Quote:

Not gun control. As I pointed out, gun sales have spiked in the last few months because of the Rona and now the riots and looting. People are seeing the truth about gun control and the laws you want won't be long for this world, at least not for another 20 years. People are seeing what happens when you let the crazies run the loony bin, and the inner cities will never recover from the damage. Congrats.

Oh. Those are the "real battles" I was addressing. The crazies include the gun zealots—pat yourself on the back. So, what's your "battle plan," even more guns?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 11:00 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

So, what's your "battle plan," even more guns?

More guns, more Sandy Hooks, more lube.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2020 01:49 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
So, what's your "battle plan," even more guns?

Letting people carry guns (which it is their right to do anyway) is indeed the proven way to stop massacres.

Note that attempted shooting spree at that church in Texas last winter.
vikorr

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2020 05:39 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Letting people carry guns (which it is their right to do anyway) is indeed the proven way to stop massacres.

Do you mean the much higher proliferation of guns in the U.S. with fewer controls that has contributed to much higher murder & massacre rates than in the rest of the Western World?