Guns: how much longer will it take ....

vikorr

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 06:45 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
So upon hearing that he should probably stop following, Mr. Zimmerman instead starts looking for a hiding place in the same area where he received the advice, and then suddenly finds Trayvon hidden after searching the same area for four minutes?

That scenario is implausible in the extreme.
We certainly don't know how hard Zimmerman was searching, nor where Trayvon could have been hiding.

The theory that Martin, after running from Zimmerman decided to double back and attack him is just as implausible - given that Martin is known to have run, and doubling back to attack is contrary to his known behaviour. Hiding though, is consistent with his known behaviour. Trying not to lead a creepy stalker back to his home is also consistent to his known behaviour.

Quote:
It's a pretty odd coincidence that the confrontation happened right in the area where Mr. Zimmerman was advised that pursuit was a bad idea.
Yep. When people are running or hiding, coincidences relating to what is known and what is not known can happen. Most murder cases involve circumstantial evidence where there are a lot of coincidences - and given the number of convictions that are later proven wrong, coincidences of this nature aren't that uncommon.

This is the problem with taking a killers word for what happened.
oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 07:27 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
We certainly don't know how hard Zimmerman was searching, nor where Trayvon could have been hiding.

We don't have any reason to believe he was searching at all.

What we know is that he was advised that tailing Trayvon was a bad idea. Four minutes later he was still in the same area.

vikorr wrote:
The theory that Martin, after running from Zimmerman decided to double back and attack him is just as implausible - given that Martin is known to have run, and doubling back to attack is contrary to his known behaviour.

Yet somehow Trayvon ended up back in that area four minutes later.

vikorr wrote:
Hiding though, is consistent with his known behaviour. Trying not to lead a creepy stalker back to his home is also consistent to his known behaviour.

Hiding doesn't being him back to Mr. Zimmerman's location four minutes later.

vikorr wrote:
Yep. When people are running or hiding, coincidences relating to what is known and what is not known can happen. Most murder cases involve circumstantial evidence where there are a lot of coincidences - and given the number of convictions that are later proven wrong, coincidences of this nature aren't that uncommon.

Do you have any evidence that they were running around in circles over this four minutes?

vikorr wrote:
This is the problem with taking a killers word for what happened.

I'm not taking anyone's word about anything. I'm only considering the location of the fight.
oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 07:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
someone who has no intention of attacking you.

Trayvon Martin was shot in justified self defense as he tried to murder the captain of his local neighborhood watch.

Michael Brown was shot in in justified self defense as he tried to murder a police officer.

Tony Robinson was shot in in justified self defense as he tried to murder a police officer.

Eric Garner died from injuries that he sustained while resisting a lawful arrest.

Oscar Grant was accidentally shot while resisting a lawful arrest.

Philando Castile was shot because he ignored clear commands to keep his hands visible and reached for an unknown object.

Terence Crutcher was shot because he ignored clear commands to keep his hands visible and reached for an unknown object.

Tamir Rice was shot because he pointed a very realistic looking toy gun at police officers.

Sandra Bland committed suicide in her jail cell.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 08:02 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
We don't have any reason to believe he was searching at all.
By the same logic, you have no reason to believe Martin doubled back - as you don't know where Martin was in relation to Zimmerman - just 'somewhere'. Nor do you know they didn't jump through yards (with Martin trying to get away form Zimmerman) before ending up where they did.

Quote:
What we know is that he was advised that tailing Trayvon was a bad idea. Four minutes later he was still in the same area.
Knowing what Zimmerman was told by police says absolutely nothing about his decisions afterwards - ie. during those 4 minutes.

Quote:
Yet somehow Trayvon ended up back in that area four minutes later.
If he was hiding, then he never left the area. If he was trying to lead Zimmerman around in circles to get away from him without giving away his address, then he could still have been in the area.

Quote:
Hiding doesn't being him back to Mr. Zimmerman's location four minutes later.
Are you dense? He never had to leave - he could have been hiding nearby, and 4 minutes later is found by Zimmerman.

Quote:
Do you have any evidence that they were running around in circles over this four minutes?
By the same asking for evidence - do you have any evidence that Zimmerman wasn't chasing Martin / hunting Martin down during these 4 minutes?

This is the problem - you only have the killers word for what happened. You have alleged behaviour (of Martin's - allegedly attacking Zimmerman first) contrary to his known behaviour (running from the stalker), but to you only one explanation makes sense - the killers version.

There are other possibilities.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 10:07 pm
@oralloy,
That's the thjing. They were NLOT in the process of killin a cop.. That is purely evidence-free vile supposition on your part, pure dark fantasy pure misuse of way excessive force, that's why there is nationwide revulsion at the use of qualified immunity to let bad cos go free.
oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 10:33 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
By the same logic, you have no reason to believe Martin doubled back - as you don't know where Martin was in relation to Zimmerman - just 'somewhere'.

I know that four minutes later they were both in the same area that Mr. Zimmerman was in four minutes previously.

vikorr wrote:
Nor do you know they didn't jump through yards (with Martin trying to get away form Zimmerman) before ending up where they did.

That would be quite a coincidence if they were running all over the place and just happened to have their confrontation in the very area where four minutes previously Mr. Zimmerman was advised that pursuit was a bad idea.

vikorr wrote:
Knowing what Zimmerman was told by police says absolutely nothing about his decisions afterwards - ie. during those 4 minutes.

Knowing that Mr. Zimmerman was still in the same area four minutes later tells me that he decided to stop tailing Trayvon.

vikorr wrote:
If he was hiding, then he never left the area.

But Trayvon did leave the area. That's why Mr. Zimmerman was running after him until the dispatcher advised that it was a bad idea.

vikorr wrote:
If he was trying to lead Zimmerman around in circles to get away from him without giving away his address, then he could still have been in the area.

That would be quite a coincidence for them to be running all over the place and then have the final confrontation in the area where four minutes previously Mr. Zimmerman was advised that pursuit was a bad idea.

vikorr wrote:
Are you dense? He never had to leave - he could have been hiding nearby, and 4 minutes later is found by Zimmerman.

But Trayvon did leave, which is why Mr. Zimmerman was running after him.

If upon hearing the advice that pursuit was a bad idea, Mr. Zimmerman had decided to just search the same area over and over again, it would not have taken him four minutes to find a hidden Trayvon.

vikorr wrote:
By the same asking for evidence - do you have any evidence that Zimmerman wasn't chasing Martin / hunting Martin down during these 4 minutes?

Yes. The fact that he was still in the same area four minutes later is evidence that he stopped tailing Trayvon when he was advised that it was a bad idea.

vikorr wrote:
This is the problem - you only have the killers word for what happened.

That is incorrect. I have the fact that the location of the confrontation was the same area where four minutes previously Mr. Zimmerman was advised that pursuit was a bad idea.

vikorr wrote:
You have alleged behaviour (of Martin's - allegedly attacking Zimmerman first) contrary to his known behaviour (running from the stalker), but to you only one explanation makes sense - the killers version.

The only thing that I'm relying on is the location of the confrontation.

vikorr wrote:
There are other possibilities.

To be plausible these other possibilities would have to account for the fact that the confrontation took place in the same area where four minutes previously Mr. Zimmerman was advised that tailing Trayvon was a bad idea.
oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2020 10:35 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
That's the thing. They were NOT in the process of killing a cop..

The evidence says otherwise.

MontereyJack wrote:
That is purely evidence-free vile supposition on your part, pure dark fantasy pure misuse of way excessive force,

That is incorrect. The evidence is very clear that these cases are justified self defense.

MontereyJack wrote:
that's why there is nationwide revulsion at the use of qualified immunity to let bad cops go free.

That's not what qualified immunity does at all.

Qualified immunity makes it hard to sue cities for damages when police violate rights.

Ending qualified immunity will make it easier to sue cities for damages when police violate people's rights. That's all.

Perhaps greater payouts will pressure cities to establish greater control over police abuses, but that is a hypothetical secondary effect.

Just for the record, I have no objection to ending qualified immunity. If someone's rights are violated then the city should pay them damages.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2020 03:03 am
@oralloy,
absolute nonsense. purely in your mind. What qualified immunity does is make it virtually im;ossible to hold cops responsible for their actions. Your phonydsa cop killing schtick is part of that.
oralloy

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2020 03:07 am
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. The only thing qualified immunity does is make it harder to successfully sue cities when your rights are violated.

Ending qualified immunity will make it easier for victims to be compensated if their rights are violated (and I'm all for that).

But ending qualified immunity won't have any practical difference for police officers unless it forces cities to train their police better.

There is nothing phony about the fact that Black Lives Matter is all about wanting to murder police officers with impunity.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2020 03:08 am
@oralloy,
You're always wrong.
oralloy

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2020 03:09 am
@MontereyJack,
You have a big mouth, but you're all talk, and it's empty talk at that.

You can't back up your empty talking by actually providing an example of something that I'm wrong about.
vikorr

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2020 03:12 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I know that four minutes later they were both in the same area that Mr. Zimmerman was in four minutes previously.
You only have Zimmermans words regarding where he was at each moment between him getting out of his vehicle, and him and Martin fighting. While your above statement admits:
- that you have no clue where Martin was, and that he could have been hiding close by (Zimmerman himself admits this further down)
- that you have no clue what Zimmerman did during those four minutes (so he could have been hunting Martin). Ending up near where you started doesn't mean you didn't move.

The below map could have happened, or it could have happened differently (the map makes it look just like a walk, with two people running into each other)
https://famous-trials.com/legacyftrials/zimmerman1/zimmappath2.jpg

Quote:
But Trayvon did leave the area. That's why Mr. Zimmerman was running after him until the dispatcher advised that it was a bad idea.
Quote:
Knowing that Mr. Zimmerman was still in the same area four minutes later tells me that he decided to stop tailing Trayvon.
The first quote is not correct - Zimmerman admitted he didn't know where Martin was, and even that Martin could be hiding very close by when he said to 911 (regarding his address) "It's a home it's 1950. Oh crap I don't want to give it all out, I don't know where the kid is."

So you have Zimmerman himself already following Martin, complaining "These assholes, they always get away" and "The back entrance...******* <unintelligible>" which is consistent with someone who is frustrated (ie. someone who may want to hunt a person down, even against better advice), who thinks Martin might be hiding close by (see previous quote).......

.......And Zimmerman, thinking Martin could be hiding nearby (see previous quotes):
- ends up in an alley between houses after:
- saying he would meet police (so why was he in an alley between houses 4 minutes later if he had to meet police)
- declining to meet police at a set position (the only benefit to this is to be able to roam around)
- after being asked his location, saying "Actually could you have them call me and I'll tell them where I'm at?"...which sort of response enables a person to move around until police arrive.

Quote:
Yes. The fact that he was still in the same area four minutes later is evidence that he stopped tailing Trayvon when he was advised that it was a bad idea.
That's only evidence that he ended up near where he started (but still down an alley between houses), and not evidence of what he did in between the start and finish times.

Quote:
That is incorrect. I have the fact that the location of the confrontation was the same area where four minutes previously Mr. Zimmerman was advised that pursuit was a bad idea.
Which no one is disputing. Where you are taking the killers word - is how that came about.

...All the above is consistent with Zimmerman continuing to look for Martin (even after agreeing not to)

..and Martins alleged behaviour (doubling back and attacking Zimmerman) is not consistent with his known behaviour (running from Zimmerman)

But consistency doesn't mean it happened that way - perhaps it did happen the way Zimmerman claimed. The thing is - other alternative scenarios have a lot going for them as well.

The issue is - you are taking the killers word for it.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2020 09:46 am
@oralloy,
You're wrong sbut pretty much everything you post, as repeatedly demonstrated, all of which you pretend doesn't exist.
oralloy

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2020 05:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
You can't provide any example of a post where you have ever pointed out an untrue statement in my post.

You talk and you talk and you talk, but you never back up anything you ever say.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2020 05:29 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
You only have Zimmermans words regarding where he was at each moment between him getting out of his vehicle, and him and Martin fighting.

That is incorrect. I have evidence that he was in the same area when he was advised that following Trayvon was a bad idea that he was in when the fight happened four minutes later.

vikorr wrote:
While your above statement admits:
- that you have no clue where Martin was, and that he could have been hiding close by (Zimmerman himself admits this further down)

"Running away" is contradictory with "hiding nearby."

Plus, if Trayvon was hiding nearby, why didn't Mr. Zimmerman overhear Trayvon talking on the phone?

vikorr wrote:
- that you have no clue what Zimmerman did during those four minutes (so he could have been hunting Martin). Ending up near where you started doesn't mean you didn't move.

If he was roaming around it is highly implausible that the fight would occur in the same area where he had been advised four minutes earlier that following Trayvon was a bad idea.

Without any evidence to indicate such movement out of the area and back, there is no reason to think that this is what happened.

vikorr wrote:
The below map could have happened, or it could have happened differently (the map makes it look just like a walk, with two people running into each other)

The lines on that map only cover movement from before Mr. Zimmerman was advised that tailing Trayvon was a bad idea.

vikorr wrote:
The first quote is not correct

Yes it is. Trayvon ran. Mr. Zimmerman ran after him. Then he was advised that following was a bad idea. Then he reported to the dispatcher that Trayvon ran.

vikorr wrote:
Zimmerman admitted he didn't know where Martin was, and even that Martin could be hiding very close by when he said to 911 (regarding his address) "It's a home it's 1950. Oh crap I don't want to give it all out, I don't know where the kid is."

It seems pretty unlikely that he would be hiding nearby since he had just run away.

vikorr wrote:
So you have Zimmerman himself already following Martin, complaining "These assholes, they always get away" and "The back entrance...******* <unintelligible>" which is consistent with someone who is frustrated (ie. someone who may want to hunt a person down, even against better advice), who thinks Martin might be hiding close by (see previous quote).......

That's from before the dispatcher advised that following was a bad idea.

vikorr wrote:
.......And Zimmerman, thinking Martin could be hiding nearby (see previous quotes):
- ends up in an alley between houses after:

Not after. He was already in that area, as that is where he stopped following Trayvon on the advice of the dispatcher.

vikorr wrote:
- saying he would meet police (so why was he in an alley between houses 4 minutes later if he had to meet police)

He was in that area because that's where he was four minutes earlier when he stopped following Trayvon.

vikorr wrote:
- declining to meet police at a set position (the only benefit to this is to be able to roam around)
- after being asked his location, saying "Actually could you have them call me and I'll tell them where I'm at?"...which sort of response enables a person to move around until police arrive.

There is another advantage. He would be able to point the police in the right direction when they arrived.

Had he left the area he might not be able to find his way back to the same area in the dark.

vikorr wrote:
That's only evidence that he ended up near where he started (but still down an alley between houses), and not evidence of what he did in between the start and finish times.

It's pretty implausible that if he was roaming around he would have ended up in a fight in the very area where the dispatcher advised that tailing Trayvon was a bad idea some four minutes previously.

vikorr wrote:
Which no one is disputing. Where you are taking the killers word - is how that came about.

I am doing no such thing. All I am doing is considering the evidence.

vikorr wrote:
...All the above is consistent with Zimmerman continuing to look for Martin (even after agreeing not to)

That is incorrect. Staying in the same area is not consistent with continuing to search.

He didn't actually say he agreed to stop following. But the evidence is clear that he did stop.

vikorr wrote:
..and Martins alleged behaviour (doubling back and attacking Zimmerman) is not consistent with his known behaviour (running from Zimmerman)

It is consistent with the fact that he ended up back at Mr. Zimmerman's area some four minutes later.

If Trayvon did not initiate the fight, why did he hang up the phone at the beginning of the fight?

If I was on the phone when a stranger grabbed me, I'd want the other person to keep listening as a witness.

I'd only hang up the phone if I was about to do something that I didn't want anyone to witness.

vikorr wrote:
But consistency doesn't mean it happened that way - perhaps it did happen the way Zimmerman claimed. The thing is - other alternative scenarios have a lot going for them as well.

Those other scenarios are highly improbable. It would be quite a coincidence if they were roaming all over the place and just happened to connect in the same area where Mr. Zimmerman had been advised that following was a bad idea some four minutes earlier.

vikorr wrote:
The issue is - you are taking the killers word for it.

That is incorrect. I am going by the evidence.
vikorr

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2020 12:19 am
@oralloy,
It seems you are blindly following what you want to believe. Virtually everything you said appeared to be a denial for the sake of denial.
oralloy

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2020 12:42 am
@vikorr,
No. I am merely following the evidence. I deny incorrect claims for the sake of truth and justice.
vikorr

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2020 01:33 pm
@oralloy,
Uh huh. You have no knowledge of what is correct, as it is impossible for you to have such. What you have is what you want to believe from the evidence that exists. From the evidence that exists, other scenarios are possible...but you want to deny other scenarios because they don't match what you want to believe, despite them also matching the evidence.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2020 01:51 pm
@vikorr,
The only evidence he is interested in is that that matches his opinion. He discards any evidence that does not.

Edit. Yes I know, I should have posted that which. Just trying to beat the English police to the punch.
oralloy

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2020 08:34 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Uh huh. You have no knowledge of what is correct, as it is impossible for you to have such.

That is incorrect. I can tell what happened by observing the evidence.

vikorr wrote:
What you have is what you want to believe from the evidence that exists. From the evidence that exists, other scenarios are possible...but you want to deny other scenarios because they don't match what you want to believe, despite them also matching the evidence.

Those other scenarios are highly improbable.

It is pretty difficult to rectify "Trayvon running away" with "Trayvon hiding nearby".

You suggest the possibility that upon being advised to stop running after Trayvon, Mr. Zimmerman decided to instead methodically search for him. That is implausible in the extreme. If Mr. Zimmerman had been inclined to keep looking for Trayvon despite the advice he received, he would have simply continued running after him. If Mr. Zimmerman was inclined to follow the advice to stop running after him, he would hardly have begun a methodical search.

If Mr. Zimmerman had been inclined to begin a methodical search, why would he just search the same area over and over again?

If Trayvon was hiding nearby and Mr. Zimmerman was just searching the same area over and over again, why did it take so long to find him?

If Trayvon was hiding nearby, why didn't Mr. Zimmerman overhear Trayvon talking on his phone?

Why would Trayvon have hung up his phone at the beginning of the encounter if he was not the one who initiated it?

Just because you spin an absurd scenario out of moonbeams doesn't mean you've come up with a credible alternative.

Implausible scenarios are only believable if there is some sort of evidence to indicate that they are what happened.