Guns: how much longer will it take ....

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 11:37 pm
@oralloy,
false to fact. Check where the murder took place, It was not where Zimmerman and Trayvon were at first. Look at who was stationary and who was breathing hard when the confrontation started. Look at the testimony of who said what. The murderous "watch captain" started it.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 11:38 pm
@oralloy,
You mistake your opinions for facts and reality. They aren't.
oralloy

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 11:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
Wrong again. You are the only person here who mistakes opinions for facts and reality.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 11:40 pm
@oralloy,
That is another mistaken opinion.
oralloy

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 11:43 pm
@MontereyJack,
Wrong again. Facts are not opinions. Neither are they mistakes.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 11:44 pm
@oralloy,
Look, all you are doing is trying to pass off your opinions as fact. And that's fact. And if you do it again, the cogent response is blahblahblah. Consider it p[osted. I'm going to sleep.
oralloy

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 11:46 pm
@MontereyJack,
Wrong again. You are the only person here who tries to pass off opinions as fact.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 12:05 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
false to fact. Check where the murder took place, It was not where Zimmerman and Trayvon were at first.

Wrong. The confrontation happened exactly where Mr. Zimmerman was a few minutes earlier when he stopped tailing Trayvon on the advice of the dispatcher.

MontereyJack wrote:
Look at who was stationary and who was breathing hard when the confrontation started.

Mr. Zimmerman was stationary when the confrontation started, as he had stopped tailing Trayvon some minutes earlier on the advice of the dispatcher.

I have no idea how hard anyone was breathing when the confrontation started.

MontereyJack wrote:
Look at the testimony of who said what. The murderous "watch captain" started it.

Wrong again. Trayvon came up to Mr. Zimmerman and started bashing his head against the concrete sidewalk.

I know that progressives want black people to be able to kill police officers (and neighborhood watch captains) with impunity, but no. Self defense isn't murder.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 12:07 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Zimmerman initiated the confrontation.

Wrong again. Trayvon came up to Mr. Zimmerman and started bashing his head against the concrete sidewalk.

MontereyJack wrote:
Trayvon following the advice of his phone friend, ran away from the creepy white guy.

MontereyJack wrote:
The creepy white guy followed him at a run into Trayvon's own backyard and according to the phone evidence, attacked him.

Wrong again. The confrontation happened nowhere near Trayvon's backyard.

The confrontation happened way back in the location where Mr. Zimmerman was a few minutes earlier when he stopped tailing Trayvon on the advice of the dispatcher.

The "phone evidence" was perjury. Mr. Zimmerman is suing the Martin family for all of their ill-gotten gains because of it:

https://apnews.com/6d1a808562080dac2d1ca9ce3b0dd416

MontereyJack wrote:
Zimmerman initiated it and murdered Trayvon.

I know that progressives want black people to be able to kill police officers (and neighborhood watch captains) with impunity, but no. Self defense isn't murder.
vikorr

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 12:43 am
@oralloy,
You realise that:
- Zimmerman reported Trayvon running away from him
- then says Trayvon ambushed him.
...the two actions aren't consistent in character

- Zimmerman complained that 'they always get away with it'
- then kept following when the 911 call taker told him to stop
- and a confrontation happened
....the results are consistent with Zimmermans attitude

- Trayvon ran away from Zimmerman
- as ended up in a fight for his life almost right outside his own home
- this is consistent with Zimmerman hunting him down

- Zimmerman came up with a ridiculous story about 'I couldn't remember the name of my own street' where I've lived for so long, so I was looking for a street sign
- Changed his story as to why he ended up where the conflict occurred

In any event, he was found not guilty (which by the way, means 'unable to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt')

oralloy

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 01:24 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
You realise that:
- Zimmerman reported Trayvon running away from him
- then says Trayvon ambushed him.
...the two actions aren't consistent in character

It's what the evidence says happened.

vikorr wrote:
- Zimmerman complained that 'they always get away with it'
- then kept following when the 911 call taker told him to stop

The dispatcher didn't actually tell him to stop. He merely advised him that tailing Trayvon was a very bad idea. But that's just a minor nitpick.

The significant error in your statement is: Mr. Zimmerman did in fact stop when the dispatcher advised him that tailing Trayvon was a very bad idea.

vikorr wrote:
- and a confrontation happened
....the results are consistent with Zimmermans attitude

Considering everything we know about Trayvon (he was a burglar who liked to get high on faux PCP), it's a good thing that he ended up attacking someone who was in a position to defend themselves. Who knows how many lives Trayvon might have taken had he not tried to murder Mr. Zimmerman.

vikorr wrote:
- Trayvon ran away from Zimmerman
- as ended up in a fight for his life almost right outside his own home

That is incorrect. He ended up in a fight for his life in a much different location: in the exact spot where Mr. Zimmerman had stopped tailing him a few minutes earlier on the advice of the dispatcher.

vikorr wrote:
- this is consistent with Zimmerman hunting him down

It might have been consistent if it were true, but the evidence shows something completely different.

The true location of the skirmish is consistent with Mr. Zimmerman being hunted down by Trayvon.

vikorr wrote:
- Zimmerman came up with a ridiculous story about 'I couldn't remember the name of my own street' where I've lived for so long, so I was looking for a street sign

Hardly ridiculous. He had lost his bearings and was trying to figure out where he was.

vikorr wrote:
- Changed his story as to why he ended up where the conflict occurred

Mr. Zimmerman didn't change his story.

vikorr wrote:
In any event, he was found not guilty (which by the way, means 'unable to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt')

The evidence is clear that it was legitimate self defense.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 04:28 am
Ernest Cole (1940–1990) was one of South Africa’s first black photo-journalists. With creativity, courage and compassion, Cole portrayed the everyday lives of blacks as they negotiated apartheid’s racist laws and oppression. He learnt photography while helping out in a studio, like many other African photographers.

In 1966 Cole was arrested by the South African police. Fleeing to Sweden, he took with him little more than the layouts for his book. He spent the remaining 23 years of his life in painful exile between Sweden and later in the United States; after 1975 he was often destitute, living on New York City streets and in the subway. In 1990 he died of cancer at the age of 49—one week after Nelson Mandela’s release from prison.

Nearly all his possessions were lost; fortunately he had given some prints to Tio Fotografer, a Swedish photographers’ association, which later donated them to the Hasselblad Foundation. They still display his work, which continues to speak eloquently to contemporary issues of poverty and racial inequality in the United States and worldwide.

https://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Admin/BkFill/Default_image_group/2011/1/19/1295448969759/Police-Swoop-by-Ernest-Co-007.jpg
The police swoop

https://content.magnumphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/cortex/nn11432116-overlay.jpg
Handcuffed blacks arrested for being in white areas illegally

https://content.magnumphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/cortex/nn11432159-overlay.jpg
No caption

https://www.magnumphotos.com/photographer/ernest-cole/
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 06:39 am
@oralloy,
She did apply three S;s. You just have the wrong ones: Stupidity, Slander, and Sociopathy were the ones she used.
oralloy

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 02:37 pm
@MontereyJack,
Calling 911 when someone threatens to harm you and your pet is neither sociopathy nor slander.

It was indeed stupid of her to call 911. Her life would be much better right now if she had gunned the guy down where he stood, taken his phone, and walked away quickly before anyone noticed.
vikorr

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 05:05 pm
@oralloy,
Using that argument it would have been better if the guy had a gun, shot and killed her, then said she had attacked him. Who would be around to say she hadn't.
oralloy

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 05:14 pm
@vikorr,
No. The better outcome is the one where this thug is prevented from harming this woman.
vikorr

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 05:24 pm
@oralloy,
Why am I not surprised that you missed the point.
oralloy

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 05:34 pm
@vikorr,
I realize that the bad guys can win gunfights. Sometimes both parties die even.

My great uncle (I'm unsure how many greats I need to add on, but it was a long time ago) killed a corrupt sheriff in a gun fight, but still died from the wounds that he received before killing the corrupt sheriff.

You just have to do your best to put the bad guys down before they can do grievous harm to you. If your best isn't enough, then you die and the bad guys win.
vikorr

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 06:20 pm
@oralloy,
Umm..okay...but you are still missing the point, which can be related to:
- proportionality
- evidence
- perspective
- tolerance
...and at a stretch, to your three S'
oralloy

Reply Wed 27 May, 2020 06:24 pm
@vikorr,
If I'm missing your point, I guess you'll need to clarify if you want me to understand what you are driving at.

The three S's are: Shoot. Shovel. Shutup.

It's a rural thing that probably won't work very well in cities, but people who live in urban areas might be able to come up with their own version that does work in their environment.