Guns: how much longer will it take ....

vikorr

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 03:29 pm
@oralloy,
I just read Georgia murder laws. You had mentioned malice earlier, but the law itself is interesting:

Quote:
(a) A person commits the offense of murder when he unlawfully and with malice aforethought, either express or implied, causes the death of another human being.

(b) Express malice is that deliberate intention unlawfully to take the life of another human being which is manifested by external circumstances capable of proof. Malice shall be implied where no considerable provocation appears and where all the circumstances of the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart.

(c) A person also commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.

(d) A person convicted of the offense of murder shall be punished by death, by imprisonment for life without parole, or by imprisonment for life.
I can see what you are saying about maliciousness shouldn't form part of the murder case...However, from what I read of Aggravated Assault in Georgia, in that charge they still have can still use maliciousness to prove the intent to Murder. There is the second part that doesn't require that...but even then, I daresay they will argue maliciousness to rule out any arguments of 'self defense'

Quote:
in Georgia, aggravated assault is an assault or an attempt or threat of assault with the intent to murder, rape, or rob another person. Assault using a weapon or object that is likely to inflict serious bodily injury or assault by discharging a firearm from a vehicle towards a person are also classified as aggravated assault.
oralloy

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 03:39 pm
@vikorr,
I think they are using the part of the statute that you have in blue. A shotgun is a weapon that is likely to inflict serious bodily injury.

There is a push in the state legislature to change this part of the statute:
https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/georgia-panel-approves-bill-aiming-make-legal-brandish-gun/Oe2x0xPUTKP99PueauFWdI/

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/opinion-gun-bill-would-let-the-brandishing-begin-meaning-what/Xj3AnpcBuOtEdRH17BZXeP/
vikorr

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 03:42 pm
@oralloy,
Perhaps. I haven't read anything that clarifies which part they are using. Though as I mentioned, even if they were using the blue part - it seems likely to me that they would use 'the malicious' argument to rule out arguments of self defense (by Travis)...though perhaps with just 'brandish' that wouldn't be the case.
oralloy

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 03:44 pm
@vikorr,
They would have to prove malice, and it's pretty clear that there was no malice.
vikorr

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 03:47 pm
@oralloy,
We very obviously disagree. I think it is absolutely clear that Snr had malice.
oralloy

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 03:48 pm
@vikorr,
There is no evidence of it.
vikorr

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 03:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
I'd disagree. It wasn't related to her job. Everyone does things they aren't proud of, but if it's not work related it rarely gets you fired. This woman is paying an incredibly high price for pulling the race card and being a drama queen. I'm not condoning it - I'm saying the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

The guy she called the police on, was very well spoken. Good for him for doing what he did.
vikorr

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 03:57 pm
@oralloy,
We still very obviously disagree - I think there is plenty of evidence of it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 04:55 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
This woman is paying an incredibly high price for pulling the race card and being a drama queen.

She did neither. The guy threatened her and her dog, then made a grab for her dog.

If someone did that to me and one of my cats, I probably wouldn't pull the trigger instantly as soon as I aimed my gun at him, but I really don't know for sure how I'd react.

She only called 9/11 because she wasn't carrying a gun.
vikorr

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 05:11 pm
@oralloy,
And what evidence do you have to take the white girls words over the black guys words?

The answer is - you have no evidence whatsoever. So why are you taking the white girls words over the black mans words?

But there is evidence she is both playing the race card - because she mentions 'black african american male' several times like it has some significance, and she is being a drama queen because when 911 doesn't respond positively to her race card + allegation, she becomes more and more hysterical...despite the man standing there, calmly lecturing her...while she is the one that:
- says "I'm going to tell them you threatened my life" (rather than "You threatened my life". The guy very calmly goes "Please do" so he obviously has nothing on his conscience)
- she immediately forgets that 'he threatened her life' (saying only 'he's threatening me...and my dog). Forgetting your own story is a sign of lying.
- that keeps moving towards the black man (despite him calmly asking her not to)
- pointing at him,
- etc

Quite frankly, it's very obvious he just asked her to put her dog on a leash (he says thank you and leaves when she finally leashes her dog...nasty people don't say thank you so politely), because she didn't like him asking her to leash her dog, she took offence, and decided to play the race card. All the evidence here - is firmly in favour of the man.

While that stands on it's own two feet - things go further when she even apologised later on, in a very articulate way, no longer mentioning any 'threat'. She knew she had done the wrong thing.

Very articulate man.
oralloy

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 06:41 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
And what evidence do you have to take the white girls words over the black guys words?
The answer is - you have no evidence whatsoever. So why are you taking the white girls words over the black mans words?

I cut-and-pasted the words directly from the black man himself, as he described the encounter in his own words in a Facebook post.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158742137255229&id=671885228

vikorr wrote:
But there is evidence she is both playing the race card - because she mentions 'black african american male' several times like it has some significance, and she is being a drama queen because when 911 doesn't respond positively to her race card + allegation, she becomes more and more hysterical...despite the man standing there, calmly lecturing her...while she is the one that:
- says "I'm going to tell them you threatened my life" (rather than "You threatened my life". The guy very calmly goes "Please do" so he obviously has nothing on his conscience)

She had every right to feel threatened and call for help.

If someone tells me that they're going to do something to one of my cats and I'm not going to like it, and then tries to call one of my cats over to them with some treats, I'm going to point a gun at them. And I'm shooting if they don't back down immediately.

vikorr wrote:
- she immediately forgets that 'he threatened her life' (saying only 'he's threatening me...and my dog). Forgetting your own story is a sign of lying.
- that keeps moving towards the black man (despite him calmly asking her not to)
- pointing at him,
- etc

She didn't forget anything. What she said in the 911 call is a good description of the threat that he admitted to in his Facebook post.

vikorr wrote:
Quite frankly, it's very obvious he just asked her to put her dog on a leash (he says thank you and leaves when she finally leashes her dog...nasty people don't say thank you so politely), because she didn't like him asking her to leash her dog, she took offence, and decided to play the race card. All the evidence here - is firmly in favour of the man.

Except for the part where he threatened her and her dog.

vikorr wrote:
While that stands on it's own two feet - things go further when she even apologised later on, in a very articulate way, no longer mentioning any 'threat'. She knew she had done the wrong thing.

The fact that she was too weak to fight back against the false accusations of the progressive lynch mob doesn't mean that she is in the wrong.

This BLM nonsense is a good reason for people to start practicing the three S's if they have to defend themselves from a minority. It may be harder to pull off in an urban area than in a rural area, but it looks like it's the best option for people who get attacked.

vikorr wrote:
Very articulate man.

I'm sure his threats were pronounced quite eloquently. I tend to be a bit laconic myself.
vikorr

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 07:02 pm
@oralloy,
Rolling Eyes

Have you watched her apology? She talks about police being a protection agency... and that she shouldn't have called them. Ie. there was no actual threat perceived by her. But because at the time she didn't like him telling her to put her dog on a leash, so she says "I'm going to tell them that you threatened my life'
Quote:
She didn't forget anything.
Of course she did. She said she would tell police he threatened her life, then promptly forgot that was what she was going to say (reducing it to only 'threatening me')

She obviously didn't like him offering her dog a treat - so he was quite right there - she didn't like it.

Let's call the cops, behave like a racist, be a drama queen.
vikorr

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 07:24 pm
@vikorr,
By the way, it's quite interesting that you want to focus on one line by the man, who;s post you are obviously taking at face value (ie. believing him honest enough to say exactly what he said)...while disregarding:
- the entire video which shows the tone of how he talks ie. he obviously isn't threatening in his speech - very much the opposite
- disregard the words showing a clear conscience (and you take his words at face value, unless you're being selective for your own purposes)
- disregard the womans changing story
- disregard her behaviour (who's behaviour is disgraceful).
- disregard her own apology

...to form your opinion.
oralloy

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 07:38 pm
@vikorr,
I've not disregarded the video. There was nothing disgraceful about her behavior. She did not change her story.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 07:42 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Have you watched her apology? She talks about police being a protection agency... and that she shouldn't have called them. Ie. there was no actual threat perceived by her.

That the progressive lynch mob has bullied her into agreeing to their false accusations only shows that the three S's are the way to go when a minority attacks you.

vikorr wrote:
But because at the time she didn't like him telling her to put her dog on a leash, so she says "I'm going to tell them that you threatened my life'

Or maybe it was the fact that he threatened her.

vikorr wrote:
Of course she did. She said she would tell police he threatened her life, then promptly forgot that was what she was going to say (reducing it to only 'threatening me')

She didn't forget anything. She characterized his threat accurately.

vikorr wrote:
She obviously didn't like him offering her dog a treat - so he was quite right there - she didn't like it.
Let's call the cops, behave like a racist, be a drama queen.

She would be better off right now if she had practiced the three S's.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 07:44 pm
@vikorr,
Glad to know that calling 911 and repeatedly going 'black african american male' (with obvious empahsis on this phrase) being repeated over and over like it means something, with a vague 'threatening me' is not disgraceful.

She could have said 'this guy asked me to put my dog on a leash, and when I didn't he said I wouldn't like what he did next' and then he offered my dog treats...and I felt threatened...

...that would have perhaps been accurate. But she didn't. She went down another track...repeatedly focusing on and emphasising his race.

Racist behaviour. And disgraceful.
oralloy

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 07:46 pm
@vikorr,
There is nothing racist or disgraceful about calling the police when someone threatens to harm you and your pet.

The only thing it is, is unwise. The three S's are the way to go when a minority attacks you.

Or whatever the urban equivalent of the three S's is. It probably won't be the same as it is in a rural area. People who live in cities might want to do some thinking about the best way to go about it.
vikorr

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 07:47 pm
@oralloy,
You and I have very different ideas about what constitutes racism then, just as you and I have different ideas about what constitutes a threat, and how seriously it should be taken.

By the way - is there anywhere in this forum that you defend a black person? I confess that I've only ever seen you defend white people.
oralloy

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 08:05 pm
@vikorr,
I don't really keep a ledger. Maybe not. Race only tends to come up in a2k discussions when progressives demand that black people be allowed to murder with impunity.

I'm eager for Rudy Guede to be unleashed on the young women of Italy, and will be cheering him on when he is released from his thrice-shortened sentence (and that should be soon).

I'm not sure that my support for Mr. Guede could be construed a defense. But I'm definitely a fan.

I'd like to buy him a nice combat knife if I could. But I don't know if that would be legal. And I don't even know how to contact him when he gets out. So I probably won't.

There were a couple times that I've defended President Obama for selected policies, although I've also condemned him harshly for other policies.
vikorr

Reply Tue 26 May, 2020 08:22 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I don't really keep a ledger. Maybe not. Race only tends to come up in a2k discussions when progressives demand that black people be allowed to murder with impunity.
Err. No:
- Arbery wasn't going to kill anyone
- Cooper wasn't going to kill anyone (and those are just from the last pages of this thread)
- I recall that black guy who was murdered in Florida by a vigilante (calling himself neighbourhood watch) who hunted down a black guy who had been just been visiting his aunt that lived in the neighbourhood.
- several ones with police executing black men (one I recall in particular where the officer shot the guy in the back, then took his taser out of his holster and put it in the dead victims hands. Luckily caught on camera)

Those of course are just the ones I recall off the top of my head, though I don't think you've visited them all.

Quote:
There were a couple times that I've defended President Obama for selected policies, although I've also condemned him harshly for other policies.
Fair enough - although I did mean in situations where it was a white person against a black person in criminal matters where it was word against word - or similar.