Guns: how much longer will it take ....

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 12:09 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
I have provided a purpose for the law.

You've made a claim as to an alleged purpose. You've failed to provide any evidence or logic to support your claim.

It is evidenced by the fact that in the challenges to the Federal Assault Weapons Ban, Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, the Sixth Circut found that the list of prohibited firearms was developed to target weapons commonly used in the commission of violent crimes.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
You're merely being redundantly obtuse.

Rejecting your unsupported claims does not mean that I don't understand them. It merely means that your claims have no credibility due to their lack of support.

You're wong; my claims are supported.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
Your obtuseness is anything but factual and truthful.

Unlike you I can actually provide cites or logic (or both) to support my claims.

No you can't.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
You're thoroughly confused. A law has to be shown to violate the Equal Protection Clause before it is subjected to strict scrutiny.

Confusion is understandable since your comments about the Constitution are legal gibberish.

If a law violates the equal protection clause, that doesn't mean that strict scrutiny begins applying to the law.

If a law violates the equal protection clause, that law is outright unconstitutional right then and there, merely for violating the equal protection clause.

Your redundant babbling only confirms your thorough confusion.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
Your opinions as to which laws violate the Equal Protection Clause are irrelevant seeing as how the courts make that decision.

Nice appeal to authority fallacy. But note that I don't have any opinions about which laws violate the equal protection clause.

If I did have such opinions, they would be backed up with facts and/or logic.

Yeah right, you opine along the lines of those of the conservative courts.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
The motivation of reducing gun violence behind these laws is a fact.

Your failure to provide any evidence to support your alleged fact shows otherwise.

Wrong.

Not wrong. Your failure to back up your claims is ample reason to believe that your claims are untrue.

I've backed up my claims. You haven't yours.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
See my response above about your redundant obtuseness.

Rejecting your unsupported claims does not mean that I don't understand them. It merely means that your claims have no credibility due to their lack of support.

See my response above to your redundant erroneousness.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
It's not my opinion that you did not provide any evidence to support your claim. Your lack of supporting evidence is clear for all to see.

Wrong.

Not wrong. Everyone here can see your failure to support your claims.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Those are statements of fact, and they are proven by your inability to provide any alternative motivation.

Wrong.

Not wrong. Your inability to provide any alternative motivation is ample reason to believe that there is no other motivation.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 12:12 am
@oralloy,
See my response above about your redundant erroneousness, and your redundant babbling only confirming your thorough confusion.
oralloy

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 01:28 am
@InfraBlue,
Note your failure to point out any errors in my post.

Confusion is understandable since your comments about the Constitution are legal gibberish. If a law violates the equal protection clause, that doesn't mean that strict scrutiny begins applying to the law.

If a law violates the equal protection clause, that law is outright unconstitutional right then and there, merely for violating the equal protection clause.
oralloy

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 01:29 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
It is evidenced by the fact that in the challenges to the Federal Assault Weapons Ban, Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, the Sixth Circut found that the list of prohibited firearms was developed to target weapons commonly used in the commission of violent crimes.

That finding has absolutely nothing to do with New York's law or the motivation for that law. The finding does not support your claims about the motivation for New York's law.

If you are changing the subject from "New York's law" to "laws against pistol grips on semi-auto long guns", an untrue claim by a judge does not erase the reality that there is no reason to believe that these guns are preferred by criminals. Neither does it erase the reality that there would be no reason for anyone to care even if it had actually been the case that criminals preferred such guns.

InfraBlue wrote:
You're wrong; my claims are supported.

I've yet to see you provide any plausible connection between these laws and the alleged goal of reducing gun violence.

InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Unlike you I can actually provide cites or logic (or both) to support my claims.

No you can't.

Wrong again. I'm ready to provide support for any factual claim that you'd like to question.

I do not expect that you will attempt further challenge to any of my factual claims. More likely your posts will just be a sea of vague allegations about unspecified errors. But the lack of a challenge my claims does not mean that I would be unable to support them if there were such a challenge.

InfraBlue wrote:
Your redundant babbling only confirms your thorough confusion.

Confusion is understandable since your comments about the Constitution are legal gibberish.

If a law violates the equal protection clause, that doesn't mean that strict scrutiny begins applying to the law.

InfraBlue wrote:
Yeah right, you opine along the lines of those of the conservative courts.

I'm not aware of any conservative courts sharing my views about the desirability of transporting progressives to labor camps. More power to them if they do however.

InfraBlue wrote:
I've backed up my claims.

I've yet to see you provide any plausible connection between these laws and the alleged goal of reducing gun violence.

InfraBlue wrote:
You haven't yours.

Wrong again. I've provided support for every one of my factual claims that people have asked me to support.

InfraBlue wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 10:33 am
@oralloy,
I have pointed out your errors.

You're being redundantly erroneous.
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 10:53 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

That finding has absolutely nothing to do with New York's law or the motivation for that law. The finding does not support your claims about the motivation for New York's law.

If you are changing the subject from "New York's law" to "laws against pistol grips on semi-auto long guns", an untrue claim by a judge does not erase the reality that there is no reason to believe that these guns are preferred by criminals. Neither does it erase the reality that there would be no reason for anyone to care even if it had actually been the case that criminals preferred such guns.

I haven't changed the subjects that you brought up.

It's merely your opinion that the judge's claim is untrue, and does not negate the fact that the mitigation of gun violence is the motivation behind these laws.

Your emotionally irrational thoughts are irrelevant to this fact, do not negate this fact, and are hardly facts themselves.

The rest is of your post is, as is your wont, redundant confused babbling.
oralloy

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 05:18 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Yes, but that wasn't the question. The question was whether you were shifting from one of the subjects that I brought up to the other subject that I brought up.

Your reference to that old court ruling does absolutely nothing to back up your claims about the motivation for New York's gun law.

InfraBlue wrote:
It's merely your opinion that the judge's claim is untrue, and does not negate the fact that the mitigation of gun violence is the motivation behind these laws.

The absence of evidence to support the finding is a reason to believe that the finding is untrue.

The absence of any plausible explanation why anyone would even care if criminals used these weapons is a second reason to believe that the finding is untrue.

The finding's lack of credibility means that it says nothing about the true motivation for any gun law.

InfraBlue wrote:
Your emotionally irrational thoughts are irrelevant to this fact, do not negate this fact, and are hardly facts themselves.

You cannot provide any examples of me being irrational. This is just an ad hominem to distract from your failure to support your claims.

InfraBlue wrote:

Confusion is understandable since your comments about the Constitution are legal gibberish. If a law violates the equal protection clause, that doesn't mean that strict scrutiny begins applying to the law.

oralloy

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 05:20 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
I have pointed out your errors.

You cannot provide a single example of you ever pointing out an error on my part.

InfraBlue wrote:
You're being redundantly erroneous.

You cannot provide any examples of an error on my part.

My prediction that your posts were about to devolve into a sea of vague claims of unspecified errors is right on target.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 10:19 pm
https://namebrandketchup.files.wordpress.com/2020/05/wp-1588470964623.jpg
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 3 May, 2020 01:20 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

Yes, but that wasn't the question. The question was whether you were shifting from one of the subjects that I brought up to the other subject that I brought up.

Your reference to that old court ruling does absolutely nothing to back up your claims about the motivation for New York's gun law.

It's the same motivation as that behind the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

The absence of evidence to support the finding is a reason to believe that the finding is untrue.

The absence of any plausible explanation why anyone would even care if criminals used these weapons is a second reason to believe that the finding is untrue.

The finding's lack of credibility means that it says nothing about the true motivation for any gun law.

It is merely your irrelevant opinion that you find the explanation implausible, the finding untrue and lacking credibility.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

You cannot provide any examples of me being irrational. This is just an ad hominem to distract from your failure to support your claims.

Your risible opinion that, "progressives deliberately violate people's civil liberties solely because progressives derive sadistic enjoyment from violating people's civil liberties," in regard to gun control laws evidences your emotionally irrational feelings about these gun control laws.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

More redundant, confused babbling.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 3 May, 2020 01:21 am
@oralloy,
More redundant, irrelevant babbling.
Baldimo

Reply Sun 3 May, 2020 09:43 am
@InfraBlue,
This being done by the 9th Circuit doesn't surprise me in the least, they are extremly left leaning and they are also the most overturned circuit court in the country, meaning they get the Constitution wrong more than any court in the land. The SC will be seeing this case and will likely rule in favor of the people having access to ammo without a background check.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 3 May, 2020 12:32 pm
@Baldimo,
It's more a case of conflicting political ideologies than getting the Constitution wrong. Do you see your statement that the 9th Circuit gets the Constitution wrong as a fact or opinion?
Baldimo

Reply Sun 3 May, 2020 04:14 pm
@InfraBlue,
It's a fact that it is the most overturned circuit court in the US. Getting overtured by the SC indicates they got it wrong.
Setanta

Reply Sun 3 May, 2020 07:11 pm
With this rightwingnut court, that is no comment on the constitutionality of the issue. We currently have a reactionary, activist court.
oralloy

Reply Sun 3 May, 2020 07:24 pm
@Setanta,
That is incorrect. Conservative justices are the ones who uphold the Constitution. Upholding the Constitution is hardly activism.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 3 May, 2020 07:26 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
It's the same motivation as that behind the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act.

So far there has been no evidence that the motivation for either law is anything other than progressives violating people's civil liberties for sadistic pleasure

InfraBlue wrote:
It is merely your irrelevant opinion that you find the explanation implausible, the finding untrue and lacking credibility.

What's not an opinion is the fact that no one has put forth any evidence to support the finding.

Another thing that isn't an opinion is the fact that no one has put forth any explanation as to why anyone would care even if criminals did use such weapons.

The lack of support for your claims is highly relevant. Unsupported claims lack credibility.

InfraBlue wrote:
Your risible opinion that, "progressives deliberately violate people's civil liberties solely because progressives derive sadistic enjoyment from violating people's civil liberties," in regard to gun control laws evidences your emotionally irrational feelings about these gun control laws.

There is nothing even remotely irrational about my conclusion. The fact that no one can provide any alternative motivation is good reason to believe that there is no other motivation.

Is outrage an emotion? Atrocities provoke outrage in normal people, so it is natural for me to be outraged when progressives commit atrocities for sadistic pleasure.

InfraBlue wrote:
More redundant, confused babbling.

Setanta

Reply Sun 3 May, 2020 07:29 pm
Don't attempt to tell me anything, Oralloy. You're just peddling your ill-informed, usually completely untutored opinions. Of course, now you'll claim your opinion is fact. You're seriously deluded.
oralloy

Reply Sun 3 May, 2020 07:31 pm
@Setanta,
You're bluffing again. I call your bluff. You cannot point out any errors in my posts. You also cannot point out any cases of me claiming that opinion is fact.
oralloy

Reply Sun 3 May, 2020 07:32 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
More redundant, irrelevant babbling.

My replies are always directly relevant to what I am replying to.