Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 02:55 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Let me preface by acknowledging Farmerman's experience with weapons. I have no doubt that he has and continues to use weapons and has enough experience to be able to discuss them.

Somehow farmerman thinks that the proper way to fire a rifle is to just point it vaguely in the direction of the target without actually aiming.

He sometimes refers to "the fact that I think the proper use of a rifle requires aiming it" as some sort of proof that I don't know what I'm talking about. It's pretty comical.

McGentrix wrote:
I am not sure how Bobsal and Farmerman get the idea that a semi-auto AR-15 can be made full-auto or burst fire able.

The ONLY way to do that is to buy a fully automatic or burst fire able AR-15. A civilian AR-15 CANNOT be made to auto or burst fire without COMPLETELY re-manufacturing it.

Can we please stop with that line of BS.

It's actually somewhere in between those two positions. It can be done, but it is not as easy as they are making it out to be.

It requires some degree of gunsmithing expertise AND specialized knowledge of the exact spots to drill into the gun in order to install the new parts (and of course, access to the parts themselves) in order to be successful.

People who manage to acquire the parts and try to install them without the proper knowledge will probably end up ruining their gun.

The possibility of carrying out such conversions is not nearly the social problem that the left makes it out to be. The only time that I know of that someone used such a converted gun in a crime was that North Hollywood bank robbery in the 1990s. I've never heard of a second instance of such a thing happening.

If someone did object to the alleged availability of machine gun parts, the obvious solution would be to pass a law restricting access to machine gun parts, not a law restricting access to guns.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 04:19 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
This is great folks, we used to be the country that put a man on the moon.......we aren't that smart or dedicated anymore. Oh well, some of us tried and some of us are defeatist.

Now we are the country leading the world in private space flight. Space X, Blue Origin are leading the way for the US space race to the Moon and Mars. Boeing is also involved but they aren't as far along as the other 2 companies.

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2020 04:42 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
WHile adding a bump stock does enable an AR-15 to shoot very rapidly, It is still a semi-fire rifle which means one pull of the trigger allows one bullet to fire.

A bump stock does not convert the rifle to auto-fire or burst fire.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2020 02:35 pm
https://secure.ghostgundvd.com/AR15/v2/?AFID=1001&SID=1219
FREE DVD Reveals:
How To Build Your Own AR-15 "Ghost Gun"

https://secure.ghostgundvd.com/AR15/v2/images/dvd-UGAR-AR15-cost.png

Inside this DVD, you'll discover how to build your own AR-15 with just a handful of tools and simple, inexpensive parts in your garage. No Serial Number. No Registration. 100% Legal in all 50 states*.

President Trump supports your gun rights, but 1,000's of Gun Grabbers at the Local, State and Federal level still want to take your guns...
Trump is good news for gun rights, but you never know what could happen behind his back...

Now is the time for you to get the information you need to ensure that you can defend yourself and your family no matter what the future brings...

When you follow the "Underground Assault Rifle" DVD training program you'll be able to build your own AR-15 using nothing more than the tools in your garage.

No expensive milling machines, no 3D printers. All you'll need is the DVD, a drill or drill press, some common hand tools, and you're in business.

With those simple tools and the this breakthrough DVD you'll be able to build your own AR-15 in any configuration imaginable.
No Serial Number. No Registration. 100% Legal.
Simplicity is the secret here.

In this simple 2 hour DVD you'll discover every step and actually see how to build your very own AR-15 "off the books" because you'll watch me as I did in my own garage!

And then you just follow the steps to make your own, and it's a LOT easier than you might think...

Yes, You Can Build Your Own AR-15 "Ghost Gun" Just Like Mine And The Government Will Never Know About It!

Question: So How Much Do The Gun Parts Cost?
Answer: Much Less Than You Think!
That's the best part. You'll have the exact list of untraceable parts I used and know exactly where to order them at rock-bottom prices.

A brand new, quality AR-15 costs roughly $1,000 (or much more) from any gun shop, not to mention all the paperwork and hassles...

When you follow the "Underground Assault Rifle" training DVD you'll be able to build an AR-15 for about half that. And if you want to get fancy you can literally add anything you want.

If you follow our method, when you're done you could have the exact gun you want, cheaper than buying it at the store, and untraceable by Big Brother!

Why on Earth am I giving this DVD away FREE?

It's very, very simple - I Believe In Your 2nd Amendment Rights!

Because Every Patriot Should Have This Powerful Information!

I knew there must be thousands of other Americans just like me, who could see this country is going down the wrong path …

That you can see you’re losing your rights day by day with every insane law passed in Washington...

That you and other patriots would want to step up and take control of your own life, your own destiny, and have the power to protect your family and keep them safe – without relying on the government or someone else to do it for you!

I knew this information was way too important – and critically vital in these troubling times – to keep to myself.

In short, I want to get the Underground Assault Rifle DVD into as many American hands as possible.

Every person who gets it is one more person who can help defend the American Way from what's coming down the pipe...

So What's Inside The Untraceable Assault Rifle DVD?
** The #1 Secret To Building Your Own AR-15 Completely "Off The Books" (if you don't have this unique part--you are doomed to failure!)

** What To Do If You Mess Up. I Made A Mistake During My First Build, But I'll Show Exactly How To Avoid It And Fix The Mistake If It Happens To You

** The Complete Blueprint to turning a "paper weight" into a real AR-15!

** How to build your own AR-15 in your garage with simple power tools –-no welding, and no expensive machining involved!

** The single most important “tool” you’ll need to complete the job and exactly where to get it for the absolute best price (without this—you might ruin your rifle in no time!)

** How to make a few simple tweaks to make it 10x easier (this is the info you ONLY learn through trial and error!)

** Plus much, MUCH MORE!
YES! Please Rush My FREE "Underground Assault Rifle" Instructional DVD to My Door Today
Check Out This Awesome AR-15 a Customer Built Using The Information On This DVD...

https://secure.ghostgundvd.com/AR15/v2/images/Customer-AR-15.png

"Here's the initial build. Thanks!"
Regards,
J.J. Brown
SGT, US Army (Ret)

I'm Also Giving You The Manual FREE Today!
To make sure you have absolutely everything you need—you get the entire process covered in my short and to-the-point DIY (do-it-yourself) manual too!

One word of warning ...

If you expect a huge, weighty, philosophical tome here – you are completely mistaken.

This manual and the videos have been carefully constructed and cut down to the bare, practical, DIY essentials. No fluff or filler.

There is not one word or image or frame of video that does not give you a benefit immediately…

That means you can finish your reading and watch the videos in the same weekend and be ready to start your project as QUICKLY as humanly possible ...

But the REWARDS from this project will last a life-time – your rifle may even be passed down for generations as a family heirloom with a unique “how your grandpa built it” story too …

What’s more: this information will help protect your family FOREVER!

We've Got A Stack Of DVDs Sitting Here And This One Has Your Name On It, Click The Green Button Below To Claim Yours Today And We'll Rush Ship It To Your Door Along With Instant Access To The Main Manual...

YES! Please Rush My FREE "Underground Assault Rifle" Instructional DVD to My Door Today

And I almost forgot to mention, not only are you getting a free copy of the Underground Assault Rifle DVD and free access to the main manual, but you also get 365 days of FREE 1-on-1 support and consultation with me and my support staff. We're here to answer any questions you have.

If you have any questions at all you can just pick up the phone or type up an email and you'll have your answers immediately.

Go ahead click the green button and claim your free copy of the Underground Assault Rifle DVD and get the Main Manual and 365 days of email and 1-on-1 phone support absolutely free. There are no catches, no hidden billing.

YES! Please Rush My FREE "Untraceable Assault Rifle" Instructional DVD to My Door Today
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2020 02:44 pm
@McGentrix,
Their illegal, so why do they think bringing them up is important?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2020 02:54 pm
@Baldimo,
I don't take anything someones who can't use the right form of "their" says very seriously.

Don't be so coy.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2020 03:29 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
That's the best you got, you pop on every once in a while and that's what you have to refute what I said? You are just as weak as ever, welcome back.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2020 03:46 pm
@Baldimo,
Refute what wise guy? That building and owning automatic assault weapons is illegal? Hell I agree with you. And if its not well it should be, but you know 1st and 2nd amendment blathering.

I cannot buy pure shotted urea for my business in 50# bags anymore because morons blow things up with it, why should you be able to buy an AR-15?

A lot more people have been killed with modified AR-15's than with fertilizer bombs.

I find your attempts at fake reasonableness even more offensive then when you just out and spill your crap.
McGentrix

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2020 08:41 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

They're illegal, so why do they think bringing them up is important?

Because they were not illegal which means people could still own them. It also doesn't turn it in to fully automatic fire rifle which was the only point I was making. Walter likes to be succinct.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2020 08:44 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

A lot more people have been killed with modified AR-15's than with fertilizer bombs.

You'll need to source that as I believe it to be bullshit.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2020 08:50 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
I cannot buy pure shotted urea for my business in 50# bags anymore because morons blow things up with it, why should you be able to buy an AR-15?

Because there is no justification for prohibiting people from owning a semi-auto-only AR-15.

bobsal u1553115 wrote:

No they haven't. Name one person who has ever been killed in the US with a full-auto AR-15/M-16.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 10:54 am
Another gun hugger bites the dust ...

North Texas militia vigilante who rounded up migrants at border found dead after months on the run,

Kevin Massey, considered a patriot by his supporters, was called a domestic terrorist by the federal government agencies he loathed.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2020/01/10/north-texas-militia-vigilante-who-rounded-up-migrants-at-border-found-dead-after-months-on-the-run/

By Kevin Krause

12:31 PM on Jan 10, 2020

A North Texas militia member and vigilante who led armed patrols of the Texas-Mexico border and was wanted by federal authorities died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to law enforcement officials.

Kevin Lyndel Massey’s body was discovered Dec. 23 in Van Zandt County, according to the sheriff.

Pending autopsy results will officially determine the cause of death, Sheriff Dale Corbett said.

Massey, 53, went into hiding around May 2019, several months after being released from prison on probation for a federal weapons charge.

Officials had warned that his vows to wage war against the federal government made him a dangerous threat. Massey amassed a strong and loyal following on social media in which supporters praised him for taking a stand against federal authorities. They claimed he was a patriot who was being persecuted by tyrannical government authorities.

The family planned to hold a memorial service at 3 p.m. Friday at a funeral home in Greenville. Family members could not immediately be reached for comment. When reached by phone, Massey’s ex-wife said she had no comment. Massey’s former defense attorney said he did not know about Massey’s death.

Deputies with the Van Zandt County Sheriff’s Office responded to a 911 call at 6:40 p.m. Dec. 23 about an “unresponsive person” in Wills Point, according to a news release. The town has a population of about 3,500 and is less than an hour east of Dallas.

Deputies found Massey’s body in a “small wooded area.” Fingerprints confirmed his identity, the sheriff’s office said. The death remains under investigation by the sheriff’s office, the U.S. Marshals and the FBI.

The marshals have said that Massey, of Royce City, had most recently lived in Quinlan, east of Dallas. Federal authorities said Massey, who espoused anti-government rhetoric, had an affinity for heavy weaponry and was known to display an "alarming rage."

News of Massey’s death comes as a different border vigilante pleaded guilty to a federal weapons charge in New Mexico.

Larry Mitchell Hopkins, 69, was “commander” of United Constitutional Patriots, a militia group based in New Mexico that, like Massey’s group, also detained migrants at gunpoint along the U.S.-Mexico border. Hopkins was scheduled to plead guilty Friday to one count of being a felon in possession of a firearm. He faces up to 10 years in prison, according to court records.

The FBI said it visited Hopkins’ home in October 2017 after receiving reports of “militia extremist activity.” The militia had its “base” at Hopkins’ home, and members of the group were armed with AK-47s and other weapons, court records say. Hopkins, according to witnesses, said his militia was training to assassinate George Soros, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, according to federal court records.
A Border Patrol agent detains suspected unauthorized immigrants in the area of Walker Canyon in Arizona.
A Border Patrol agent detains suspected unauthorized immigrants in the area of Walker Canyon in Arizona.(John Moore / Getty Images)

Massey, an electrician, was sentenced to 41 months in federal prison in 2016 for possession of a firearm by a felon, according to court records.

Law enforcement officials have warned about a rise in right-wing extremist activity in recent years that includes militia groups.

Although Massey called himself a patriot, the FBI considered him a domestic terrorist with “violent tendencies,” according to court records.

He was once found with 20 homemade explosive devices and other weapons and was considered armed and dangerous when he disappeared. His prison writings, archived online by a supporter, as well as his Facebook posts show that he fervently embraced right-wing extremist movements, all of which deny the legitimacy of the U.S. government and any laws limiting gun ownership.

"Defendant Massey is a man who calls upon God to end the lives of the innocent to gratify his anger," Assistant U.S. Attorney William Hagen wrote in 2015 in his unsuccessful attempt to seek a tougher prison term for Massey. "Defendant has called upon those who may share his misguided and misinformed views to take up arms in resistance against civilized laws enacted to protect the public."

Recent domestic attacks have involved young men with white supremacist views. Experts on extremism in the U.S. say militias are less lethal than white supremacist terrorists. But over the past 25 years, anti-government groups and white supremacists have been responsible for roughly the same number of terror plots and attacks, according to the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism.

Massey gained infamy in 2014 for his activities in Brownsville as a member of a border vigilante group called Rusty's Rangers.

Prosecutors said Massey, dressed in military fatigues, conducted armed patrols with others on the South Texas border in 2014 to search for immigrants attempting to cross into the U.S.

The militia members, displeased with U.S. border enforcement, said they took matters into their own hands after obtaining permission to access private property. Their makeshift "Camp Lonestar” on rural land served as a “staging area for their patrols,” according to a federal search warrant application.

Massey routinely videotaped his border activities and posted them on Facebook, court records say. He would later say on Facebook that he had the power of citizen’s arrest. In Facebook posts, Massey described detaining immigrants at gunpoint and binding their wrists with zip ties.

He vowed to remain at the border until regulators "sealed the border or there's some sort of civil war," federal authorities said.

Massey also has claimed in court documents to be a “sovereign man,” someone who is not a U.S. citizen and not under U.S. jurisdiction. A Facebook page created for him called Massey a “patriot who served on the Texas border repelling foreign invaders.”

What kind of moron claims to be both a "patriot" and not a citizen of the US???? A dead one.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 11:06 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
North Texas militia vigilante who rounded up migrants at border found dead after months on the run,

What does this have to do with taking guns away? Or pistol grips for that matter? We are talking about law abiding citizens, not criminals.

If you are happy the guy is dead that is just peachy, but irrelevant.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 11:26 am
@coldjoint,
This guy and his half wit followers should have had their weapons taken away from them. So much for "well regulated" militias.

You want to bet whether or not he shot himself? Another reason for disarming the mentally ill. If he'd had a wife, her body might well have been found, too.

I regret you needed to have this explained to you. The education system failed you and now your critical thinking is way out of whack.

Maybe if your parents had voted FOR school bond issues ... but that IS an issue for another thread.
oralloy

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 11:40 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
The education system failed you and now your critical thinking is way out of whack.

Your lack of a relevant argument is entirely your failure. Coldjoint's education and thinking are doing just fine.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 11:52 am
@oralloy,
Then why did he need to have how germane (look it up) the article was to the discussion explained? What's YOUR excuse?
coldjoint

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 11:58 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Maybe if your parents had voted FOR school bond issues

How does anyone's parents come into this. I fear you are trapped in a very little world.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 12:00 pm
@coldjoint,
Mine is at the very least larger than your mom's basement.
oralloy

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 12:02 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Your use of childish insults is a poor substitute for an intelligent argument.
oralloy

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2020 12:03 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
germane (look it up)

You shouldn't assume that I share your ignorance.

bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Then why did he need to have how germane the article was to the discussion explained?

Because the article is not germane to the discussion.

bobsal u1553115 wrote:
What's YOUR excuse?

I don't need an excuse. It was your failure.