Guns: how much longer will it take ....

McGentrix

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 01:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
A revolver gets you six "dead little boies" in the same amount of time.

Your argument is stupid and you should be ashamed of yourself.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 01:37 pm
@MontereyJack,
The kid who walked into this school with a shotgun and a .38 and killed 10 kids and wounded 13 others. This shooting is never mentioned by the anti-gun crowd, it wasn't done with a scary rifle so they don't care about it. It also proves that you don't care about school shootings, you just want to get rid of AR's. Gun free zones have killed more kids than you will ever admit.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 01:39 pm
@McGentrix,
Have a hard time facing up to the truth about what guns do dont you.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 01:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Tell me MJ, what do you believe guns do other than shoot bullets?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 01:45 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:

Pro-gun people are the only one's who realize what guns do, that's why we don't want to have the guns banned that stand us a chance of fighting back against a govt. Your ilk think Trump is Hitler and won't leave the WH when he looses the election, and yet you want everyone to get rid of the guns that would protect you from his fascist govt?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 01:46 pm
@MontereyJack,
Well they make really lousy screwdrivers or cake batter beaters.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 02:08 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
The more crap you post the more ridicules you make yourselves look.

You can't provide any examples of anything untrue in any of our posts.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 02:09 pm
@Baldimo,
Nonsense. Start somewhere. The apparent sales leader and freqsuent murder weapon the ar15 is a good starting point. Keep drai ing the gun swamp till murders go down.
oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 02:12 pm
@MontereyJack,
Your efforts to violate our civil liberties for fun are not even designed to save any lives to begin with. Your only goal is to violate people's civil liberties.

And no. We are not going to allow you to violate our civil liberties for fun.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 02:13 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
I didn't say require. I said incorporates.

As far as I can tell, that amounts to the same thing.

If you think there is a difference, what is that difference?
oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 02:14 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Your compelling government interest argument is a non sequitur.

That is incorrect. The Second Amendment forbids all gun laws that cannot be justified as serving a compelling government interest.

InfraBlue wrote:
It was irrelevant in the Federal Assault Weapons Ban.

That is because the courts were ignoring the Constitution back then.

It was a grievous violation of our civil liberties. You will have to pay massive compensation to the victims of your crimes before I will support any new gun laws.

InfraBlue wrote:
Look at the military studies.

Produce the military studies and I will look at them.
oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 02:15 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Keep flailing at your straw men, and prostrating yourself to your AR-15.

What straw men? He merely asked you to justify your claim about "assault weapon" features making a weapon significantly deadlier.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 02:17 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
See my response to your earlier straw man.

What straw man? Didn't you claim that "assault weapon" features make a gun significantly deadlier?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 02:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Nonsense. Start somewhere.

Nonesense, you don't think a kid walked into his high school with a shotgun and a revolver and killed and injured that many people? It certainly did happen, a couple of months after the Parkland shooting. The Santa Fe High School shooting:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Fe_High_School_shooting

You don't start with the most extreme measure, that's reserved for extremists and not reasonable people.

Quote:
The apparent sales leader and freqsuent murder weapon the ar15 is a good starting point.

The AR might be the sales leader, but it isn't the frequent murder weapon. The latest FBI crime report points to rifles being the least used murder weapons, knifes are used more often. 297 people were killed with rifles of all types, not just the AR type, 1515 were killed with knifes and other sharp object. The rest of the firearm murders were committed with handguns.
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/10/fbi-stats-show-5-times-more-murders-by-knives-than-rifles-in-2018/
Quote:
The Federal Bureau of Investigation released crime statistics for 2018, indicating knives were more than five times as likely to be used as murder than rifles were.

A fact sheet of the FBI’s 2018 crime statistics published Monday detailed some of the Bureau’s analysis of crime statistics, particularly studying the types of weapons used in murders. Rifles, as a particular category of firearm, were used to kill 297 people in 2018. By comparison, knives and other cutting instruments were the murder weapon for 1,515 murders in 2018.

The rifle category of firearms is a broad one comprised of bolt, pump, and lever-action firearms in addition to semi-automatic firearms like AR-15s, suggesting semi-automatic rifles comprise an even smaller number than the 297 total murders by rifle in 2018.

As a complete category in the FBI statistics, all firearms accounted for 10,265 of the 14,123 murders assessed for the year 2018.

Handguns were the primary firearm used in murders, having been used in 6,603 of the firearm-related murders, while shotguns were used in 235 murders, “other guns” were used in 167 and unspecified types of firearms accounted for the 2,963 remaining firearms-related murders.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 02:24 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Walk into a school lunchroom with a semi auto rifle and a five shot magazine and five seconds later you walk.out leaving five dead little bodies behind. Thats deadly enough to appall most people but apparently not enough for the video game desensitized.

So what? That is true of most hunting weapons. What do you think would happen with a pump shotgun in that same situation?

MontereyJack wrote:
By the way nice of you to think of dead kids like dead deer.

What are you talking about? When have I ever suggested peeing on venison?
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 03:30 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

And to that point:

Federal judge upholds Massachusetts ban on AR-15, large capacity magazines

From the link:

"Weapons that are most useful in military service — M-16 rifles and the like" aren’t protected by the Second Amendment and "may be banned,"

The AR-15, a semi-automatic weapon and technically not an assault weapon, is similar to the M-16, an assault rifle first used on the battlefield in Vietnam.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

So, what they're saying is that the AR-15 might not be an assault weapon, but it looks like one, and so we're going to pretend that it is and ban it on that basis.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

And then they follow up with this gem:

"Americans are not afraid of bumptious, raucous and robust debate about these matters. We call it democracy,"

https://www.usatoday.com/news/

I'm surprised that during the debate, no one provided statistics concerning the use of the AR-15 in school shootings, mass shootings, and any crime in general, or if anyone pointed out that though the AR-15 looks like an M-16, it does not function as one.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 05:27 pm
@Glennn,
I didn't say that. Why, do you think they should be banned?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 11:06 pm
@oralloy,
I'm sure you have access to a dictionary. Consult it.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 11:13 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
Your compelling government interest argument is a non sequitur.

That is incorrect. The Second Amendment forbids all gun laws that cannot be justified as serving a compelling government interest.

Your opinion is duly noted.

oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
It was irrelevant in the Federal Assault Weapons Ban.

I'll accept their opinion over yours, thank you very much.

oralloy wrote:
It was a grievous violation of our civil liberties. You will have to pay massive compensation to the victims of your crimes before I will support any new gun laws.

Your opinion is duly noted.

oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Look at the military studies.

Produce the military studies and I will look at them.

That's your homework for the weekend.

Don't tell me it's your argument as well as Glenn's that the military incorporates pistol grips on their rifles "'cause it looks kick ass." I'd have thought you were smarter than that.
oralloy

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 01:56 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
I'm sure you have access to a dictionary. Consult it.

The dictionary says they are effectively the same thing in this context.

Your failure to show that the military is deliberately acting to incorporate pistol grips into their rifles leads me to conclude that you have no evidence that they are doing such a thing.
0 Replies