Guns: how much longer will it take ....

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 10:44 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
I was suggesting that you look up explanations for pistol grips on rifles

They're an ergonomic improvement. They're more comfortable. But anti-gun nuts want to push the idea that that comfort translates to increased deadliness. That's simple hysterics, as there is nothing to support that idea.

The ergonomic improvement increases rate of fire and shooting accuracy. Increases in rate of fire and shooting accuracy increase lethality.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 10:51 am
@oralloy,
There is a field manual that discusses the rate of fire and accuracy for the M1.
snood

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 10:53 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
I was suggesting that you look up explanations for pistol grips on rifles

They're an ergonomic improvement. They're more comfortable. But anti-gun nuts want to push the idea that that comfort translates to increased deadliness. That's simple hysterics, as there is nothing to support that idea.

What’s hysterical is your intimation that if someone operating a firearm is more comfortable in holding and sighting it wouldn’t lend itself to smoother, more efficient firing.
Glennn

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 10:57 am
@InfraBlue,
What you're really saying is that if a shooter uses a rifle without a pistol grip, he's going to miss some of his targets, which is just as ridiculous as your belief about guns with pistol grips.

You believe what you believe about pistol grips not because it has been proven, but because you have been told it is true. As evidence of this kind of shortcoming when it comes to your critical thinking on this matter, we have your stated belief that AR-15s are the favored weapon of mass shooters. They are not. But you believed it was true because someone told you, and you didn't bother to do the necessary research to determine the accuracy of what you were told. And the reason you didn't want to do the research is because the lie you were told was in line with what you wanted to believe.
Glennn

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 11:02 am
@snood,
No. What's hysterical is that what you're really saying is that if a shooter uses a rifle without a pistol grip, he's going to miss some of his targets. And just like the other posters here, you have nothing to support that claim.

Apparently this is a one-size-fits-all rebuttal.

Now how about that godawful barrel shroud? What's up with that?
RABEL222

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 12:55 pm
@Glennn,
Why don't you lay off of the b s and try to be rational?
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 12:56 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

What you're really saying is that if a shooter uses a rifle without a pistol grip, he's going to miss some of his targets, which is just as ridiculous as your belief about guns with pistol grips.

I'm not saying that if a shooter uses a rifle without a pistol grip, he's going to miss some of his targets, or conversely, that a shooter using a rifle with a pistol grip isn't going to miss some of his targets.

I'm saying that pistol grips help increase rate of fire and shooting accuracy.

Glenn wrote:
You believe what you believe about pistol grips not because it has been proven, but because you have been told it is true. As evidence of this kind of shortcoming when it comes to your critical thinking on this matter, we have your stated belief that AR-15s are the favored weapon of mass shooters. They are not. But you believed it was true because someone told you, and you didn't bother to do the necessary research to determine the accuracy of what you were told. And the reason you didn't want to do the research is because the lie you were told was in line with what you wanted to believe.

I was referring to these types of weapons in general, not the AR-15 specifically. You have an AR-15 fixation.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 01:05 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
I'm saying that pistol grips help increase rate of fire and shooting accuracy.

Can you prove this claim?

Quote:
I was referring to these types of weapons in general, not the AR-15 specifically. You have an AR-15 fixation.

No, it's the left who has an AR fixation. We are trying to protect semi-auto rifles from uneducated gun grabbers.
oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 01:06 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Why don't you lay off of the b s and try to be rational?

You cannot point out anything untrue or irrational in any of his posts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 01:07 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
There is a field manual that discusses the rate of fire and accuracy for the M1.

545 pages.

Are you contending that any part of this document supports a claim that pistol grips and/or collapsible stocks result in better accuracy?

If so, can you specify which part?
oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 01:08 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
I'm saying that pistol grips help increase rate of fire

How could the presence of a pistol grip possibly change a weapon's rate of fire?

InfraBlue wrote:
and shooting accuracy.

Why then are our military snipers so often equipped with weapons that have neither a pistol grip nor a collapsible stock?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M21_Sniper_Weapon_System

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M24_Sniper_Weapon_System

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M25_Sniper_Weapon_System

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M40_rifle
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 01:16 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

As evidence of this kind of shortcoming when it comes to your critical thinking on this matter, we have your stated belief that AR-15s are the favored weapon of mass shooters. They are not.

Your definition of "mass shooter" is suspect.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 01:17 pm
@oralloy,
You certainly are aware of the use and -therefor- differences between a designated marksman rifle and a sniper rifle.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 01:20 pm
@Baldimo,
Read further back.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 01:22 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

545 pages.

Are you contending that any part of this document supports a claim that pistol grips and/or collapsible stocks result in better accuracy?

If so, can you specify which part?

Heh, for someone that proffers their assertions as "the truth," you want me to point out to you where to look in my reference? That's pretty rich.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 01:23 pm
@InfraBlue,
I've been following this thread and in none of your posts have you proven your claim that pistol grips increase rate of fire or accuracy. I'm looking for more than your uneducated opinion on weapons.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 01:29 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Your definition of "mass shooter" is suspect.

What's wrong with his definition, and what definition do you prefer?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 01:30 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
You certainly are aware of the use and -therefor- differences between a designated marksman rifle and a sniper rifle.

It is unclear to me what your point is.
oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 01:31 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Heh, for someone that proffers their assertions as "the truth," you want me to point out to you where to look in my reference? That's pretty rich.

So, no actual evidence to back a claim that pistol grips and/or collapsible stocks increase accuracy then.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 26 Sep, 2019 01:31 pm
@oralloy,
I'd thought such.