Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 06:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Making excuses for why someone shot so many people so quickly just does not cut it.

If we were actually going to pass new laws to try to solve the problem, the first step would have been to define what the problem is.

MontereyJack wrote:
Where are these shootings happening. Whefre there are a lot of people at once. Schools theaters walmarts festivals bars clubs sports events offices in othher wordd damned ne s r everywhere people gather..

Actually they tend to happen in "gun free zones".

MontereyJack wrote:
He country is sick of ig and gun activists and the nra just sit around navel gazing.

Too bad. No new gun laws for you!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 08:53 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Who are these "people" and what "something" are they doing?

Expanding concealed carry in public and letting teachers keep a rifle in their classroom will do much to combat these massacres.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 11:30 pm
@oralloy,
No they won't. Concealed carry and a large increase in guns during the Obama presidency due to the large scale paranoia of gunnies have done avsolutely nothing to curatil gun violence. As a matter of fact mass murders have only increased during this large expansion in guns. The number of guns has increased, and now mass shootings are virtually a daily occurrence. Faulty gun logic as usual.
oralloy

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 11:48 pm
@MontereyJack,
Confronting a bad guy with armed resistance will prevent them from causing harm.

Leaving people defenseless will let the bad guys commit massacres whenever they feel like it.

Why do you think police officers carry guns?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 12:09 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Why do you think police officers carry guns?

At this time in history, don't you think the above sentence is ill-advised.
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 12:21 am
@glitterbag,
No.

Why? Are progressives pushing to disarm police officers or something?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 12:24 am
@oralloy,
No one is pushing to disarm police officers......have you had a brain injury? Or is this just you panic signaling?
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 12:31 am
@glitterbag,
Neither. I was just curious why you would think that sentence was ill advised.

I guess it was just typical leftist gibberish. Carry on.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 12:34 am
@oralloy,
I simply asked you a question. Are you virtue signaling? Perhaps you should have your thyroid levels checked.
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 12:41 am
@glitterbag,
Yep. Typical leftist gibberish. Thanks for confirming.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 12:45 am
@oralloy,
Sounds like Trump camp followers nonsense to me, thanks for confirming it.
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 12:53 am
@glitterbag,
I do not confirm that. Your gibberish sounds nothing like what a Trump follower would say.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 07:18 am
And this is why red flag laws is a good idea.

Patriots' Antonio Brown signing allegedly prompts mass shooting threat from Giants fan
Ryan GaydosBy Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

A New York Giants fan upset that the New England Patriots signed wide receiver Antonio Brown allegedly threatened a mass shooting at Gillette Stadium over the weekend.

Tobias Gray, 44, appeared in a Rhode Island court Monday to face a fugitive from justice charge and a domestic assault charge in East Providence, according to Boston 25 News. He was wearing a Giants jersey in court.

Alexandra Leslie

@AlexandraLeslie
Tobias Gray's lawyer told us he was surprised he was arrested after made a Facebook post about the @Patriots signing Antonio Brown. But Foxboro Police tell us those threats were "terroristic" in nature.
4:52 PM - Sep 9, 2019

Gray agreed to waive extradition to Massachusetts where he is wanted for “making terroristic threats,” according to Boston 25 News.

Gray allegedly wrote a Facebook post expressing his displeasure about the Patriots signing Brown after he was released by the Oakland Raiders on Saturday. Stefanie DiMalo Larivee, Gray’s attorney, told the station her client deleted the post and meant no harm.

“I don’t ever really post too many things to you know this is real since the Patriots signed Antonio Brown I’m going to pull a white boys school shooting at Foxboro you might as well just hand them the ring right now I’m if I ever get my hands on a gun which I don’t have one yet but I’m looking I will go shoot up random people at Foxboro,” the post allegedly read.

Robert Goulston

@rgoulston
We just obtained the post police are looking into about a threat made last night involving Gillette stadium. An attorney for the East Providence man suspected of writing says he posted it but then took it down. We’ll have a full report tonight at 5 & 6 on @boston25.
12:32 PM - Sep 9, 2019

“A lot of people have a lot of emotional reaction outside of New England, especially to Antonio Brown coming on to the Patriots,” Larivee told Boston 25 News.

East Providence police said that Gray threatened an officer’s family when he was picked up on a warrant.
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 09:10 am
@neptuneblue,
Sorry, but I won't support any new gun laws until progressives stop violating people's civil liberties and pay compensation to their victims.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 10:43 am
@oralloy,
Im not sure anybody cares about your support. You carry no weight in what happens no matter how much you think you do..
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 10:57 am
@MontereyJack,
Progressives may not like the fact that America is a democracy, but it still is one. And gun rights activists very much have a voice in the system.

So, no new gun laws for you!
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 11:35 am
@oralloy,
So do people who think gun violence is out of comtrol. Itts a civil rights .issue that gun users are violating and it WILL stop one way or another and we way outnumber you. One way is to continue the work started in 2018 and vote more nra stooges out. We will. Bon voyage.
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 04:32 pm
@MontereyJack,
It's not going to stop. You get no new gun laws. Period.

No soup for you!
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 04:50 pm
New Jersey Will Refuse to Do Business with Banks, Retailers that Resist Stricter Gun-Control Measures
By JACK CROWE
September 10, 2019 11:28 AM

New Jersey’s Democratic governor, Phil Murphy, is expected to sign an executive order Tuesday that will leverage the state’s purchasing power to coerce gun retailers, manufacturers, and financial institutions to comply with a more stringent gun-control regime.

Under the executive order, the state, which purchases an estimated $70 million in firearms and related equipment annually, will refuse to do business with gun manufacturers and retailers that lack policies that deny guns to people with a history of mental illness or domestic abuse, the New York Times first reported. Retailers that wish to keep the state’s business will be required to “prevent, detect and screen for the transfer of firearms to straw purchasers or firearm traffickers.”

Murphy’s order will also deny the roughly $1 billion in financial-transaction fees the state pays annually to banks that have relationships with gun manufacturers and retailers that adhere to permissive policies.

New Jersey already has strict gun-control laws in place that require retailers to perform background checks, but the new policy will apply to out-of-state companies that are not bound by New Jersey laws.

“Taxpayers are the top purchasers of firearms,” reads the order Murphy is expected to sign. “The State should not be purchasing firearms, ammunition or equipment from vendors that place civilians and law enforcement in harm’s way by virtue of not adopting responsible practices related to firearms.”

A number of major financial institutions have already announced that they will cease loaning money to gun manufacturers and retailers that don’t comply with prescribed age-limit and background-check requirements.

The executive order, which represents the most aggressive extra-legislative gun-control effort ever undertaken by a state, is expected to meet with strong resistance from gun-rights groups.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 05:29 pm
@oralloy,
Take a look at Neptune blues post immediately after yours. Looks like New Jersey doesn't give a **** about what you want. &0 million dollars a year gun manufacturers and dealers will lose if they don't fllow NJ's new restrictions. What do you have to compete with that. Think the makers are going to pay attention to you or NJ
s 70 million? Looks like your Soup Nazi (emphasis on the Nazi) edict is just so much bluter. Big urprise. And that's just the start. Dems are going to be the big winner here. The country does not like the nra..