Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 12:26 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Wouldn't it be great if a few members of the NRA actually thought of a few ways to minimize the damage done by irresponsible gun owners?

I'll be happy to talk gun safety measures. But first I'll need progressives to stop violating people's civil liberties and pay compensation to their victims.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 12:27 am
@oralloy,
You may celebrate your lack of humanity but all you elicit in others is disgust. Even your fellow travellers cannot countenance a sick pervert mocking a toddler with life changing injuries.
oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 12:31 am
@izzythepush,
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Your virtue signalling is in rare form tonight.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 12:45 am
@oralloy,
Well we all know how much you enjoy thinking about babies with gaping gunshot wounds. I've never really been able to grasp why some people find inflicting grievous harm on small children so sexually gratifying......but perhaps its because I've been married so long to a wonderful man who still rings my bells.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 12:48 am
@glitterbag,
We're wasting our time talking about normal human responses to a soulless creep.

Although it has cleared up who would be number 1 on a list of background failures. I think he lacks the maturity and competency to handle a spoon, let alone anything else.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 12:51 am
The victims! The victims!

Oh the humanity!

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 02:14 am
@oralloy,
Despite your endless self-aggrandizement, no one I can think of particularly cares whether you support gun laws or not. You are pretty much irrelevant. They will happen. The chorus is swelling and each new shooting just emphasizes your irrelevance, as does every soulless post.
oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 02:34 am
@MontereyJack,
If you think you can pass new gun laws without the support of moderates like me, go ahead and try.

Obama thought that too at one point. Look what it got him.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 02:51 am
@oralloy,
calling yourself a moderate is an oxymoron. you're at least two standard deviations away, and the dems will win big on this in 2020 and trump will lose. your 20 years will cras and burn at 4.
oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 03:02 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
calling yourself a moderate is an oxymoron.

Not when I really am a moderate.

MontereyJack wrote:
you're at least two standard deviations away,

It's your extremism that I differ from.

MontereyJack wrote:
and the dems will win big on this in 2020 and trump will lose. your 20 years will cras and burn at 4.

If so, I advise the new Democratic president to spend the entire first hundred days of their presidency trying to violate people's civil liberties for fun, just like Obama did with his second term.

They will end up achieving nothing, and their presidency will be shattered just like Obama's second term.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 03:02 am

https://imgur.com/kBQAe5a.jpg
oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 03:04 am
@Region Philbis,
Would they still be alive if they had been killed with a bomb?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 03:08 am
@oralloy,
self-delusion is painful to watch. Dem prez and congress will break the stranglehold of the nra for good.
oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 03:13 am
@MontereyJack,
You might want to review Obama's second term again before commenting on self delusion.

The Democrats have no hope of toppling the NRA in rural areas.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 03:20 am
@oralloy,

(AP Photo/David Goldman)

National
Fox News poll: Gun owners are turning on the NRA and most of them want more gun control
By Dan Desai Martin -
August 15, 2019
0 Comments
Advertisement

A Fox News poll shows dwindling support for the NRA and its radical agenda.
For the first time in polling, more Americans have an unfavorable view of the NRA than support the organization, according to a Fox News poll released Wednesday.
Almost half of Americans (47%) have a negative view of the NRA, an extremist group that opposes even the most popular gun safety measures, such a background checks on anyone who wants to purchase a gun. Only 42% have a favorable view.
Even among gun owners, support for the NRA has dropped significantly in the past year. In 2018, 67% of gun owners supported the group, but that number dropped to just 56% in the Fox News poll, an 11-point decline in just one year.
Advertisement

The poll, conducted after mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton in a single weekend, showed Americans are ready for Congress to take action to prevent more mass shootings. When asked to use their own words to describe why mass shootings keep happening, the most popular answer was access to guns.
A full 90% of Americans support criminal background checks for anyone who wants to purchase a gun. The idea has the support of 92% of Democrats, 89% of Republicans, and 93% of gun owners.
In February, the House of Representatives passed a bill requiring background checks for guns. For more than 165 days, the bill has sat on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's desk because McConnell refuses to allow the Senate to even take a vote on it.
After the shootings in El Paso and Dayton earlier this month, McConnell dismissed pleas to call the Senate back to pass gun safety legislation as mere "theatrics."
According to the Fox News poll, Americans' appetite for gun safety laws does not end with background checks. Fully two-thirds of Americans support a ban on assault weapons, an increase from 2018. More than half of gun owners (53%) and independents (58%) support such a ban.
When it comes to Trump's handling of the situation, almost half of the country (46%) think Trump has made the nation less safe from mass shootings. The mass shooting in El Paso was carried out by a white supremacist who told police he wanted to shoot "Mexicans" when he entered a Walmart and killed 22 people. In his writings, the suspect used racist language about immigrants that mirrored racist language used by Trump and Fox News pundits.
"Words have consequences. And the president has made my community and my people the enemy," Rep. Veronica Escobar (D-TX), who represents El Paso, said after the shooting. "He has told the country that we are people to be feared, people to be hated."
According to the Fox News poll, only 15% think Trump has made the country more safe from mass shootings.
The House Judiciary Committee is returning early from the August recess to consider additional gun safety legislation. Despite overwhelming evidence of what Americans want, McConnell still refuses to do anything.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 03:23 am
@oralloy,
Rural areas are being depopulated. Can't make a living there. Ypur dempgraphic base is shrinking and dying. 22020 census will make that starkly clear.
oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 03:24 am
@MontereyJack,
Nice fantasy. But it's not really true.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 03:27 am
@oralloy,
90% of the country supported Obama's moves. The gop undr the bootheel of the nra killed it. just another reason to boot the gop out of power, and it looks like 2020 will be the year for that.
oralloy

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 03:28 am
@MontereyJack,
And the end result was: Obama wasted the entire first hundred days of his second term with nothing to show for it.

Come 2016 the voters were tired of President Do Nothing, and they put the Republicans back in control of the White House.

The next time the Democrats take the White House (regardless of when that is) they should do the same thing and waste the entire first hundred days of their new presidency fighting us instead of achieving anything.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Sep, 2019 03:34 am
@MontereyJack,
Compared to Oralloy Hitler was bloody moderate.