Guns: how much longer will it take ....

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 09:35 pm
@oralloy,
It is a claimed " fact" that is completely loopy. No one is trying to bsn pistol grips. They are banning weapons that are assault-style rifles which may or may not have pistol grips as one of the defining chasrcteristics but need not. It is the weapon that has always been the subject, not the pistol grip. sAnd SCOTUS lets those bans stand, ewhich means they do not violate the Constitution. Stop your persistent campaign of falsehood
oralloy

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 09:44 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
It is a claimed "fact" that is completely loopy. No one is trying to ban pistol grips. They are banning weapons that are assault-style rifles which may or may not have pistol grips as one of the defining characteristics but need not. It is the weapon that has always been the subject, not the pistol grip.

Wrong again. When you try to ban pistol grips on long guns, that counts as trying to ban pistol grips on long guns.

MontereyJack wrote:
And SCOTUS lets those bans stand, which means they do not violate the Constitution.

Wrong again. It means no such thing.

MontereyJack wrote:
Stop your persistent campaign of falsehood

You can't point out a single untrue thing in any of my posts.
McGentrix

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 10:42 pm
@farmerman,
I get your frustration.
But, we can't allow ourselves to govern to the lowest common denominator. I do not want my rights stifled because of the actions of others. None of my guns have killed anyone and I'd like to keep them.
Since the ammo shortage, I have stocked up enough that I shouldn't need to buy additional ammo based on my shooting habits and age.
I'd like to see my kids have the same rights I currently have.

What I'd like, is to see all the money being spent on banning guns forwarded to fighting mental health and poverty issues.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 11:32 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
What I'd like, is to see all the money being spent on banning guns forwarded to fighting mental health and poverty issues.

You cannot control an armed population. That is the plan. Disarm the citizen.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 12:20 am
@coldjoint,
nonsense,
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 12:36 am
@oralloy,
Your entire post is wrong. Rightists are freedon-haters because they refuse to do anything about the ultimate violation of people's freedom: killing them. Rightists support murder for the fun they get out of it.
oralloy

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 01:21 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Your entire post is wrong.

Nope. Everything that I said is true. You are just trying to avoid legitimate criticism for leftist bad behavior.

MontereyJack wrote:
Rightists are freedon-haters because they refuse to do anything about the ultimate violation of people's freedom: killing them.

Wrong again. People who strive to violate civil liberties are the freedom haters. Conservatives defend civil liberties.

You are also wrong to falsely accuse conservatives of refusing to do anything to address the problem. We have never refused to address this problem.

MontereyJack wrote:
Rightists support murder for the fun they get out of it.

Wrong again. Preventing freedom-hating leftists from violating our civil liberties does absolutely nothing to support murder.

All it does is deprive leftists of the personal enjoyment that they would have gotten from violating people's civil liberties.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 03:52 am
@oralloy,
Wrong as always. Everything I said was completely factual. You have entirely ignored the massive amount of gun violence and deaths every year with completely bogus claims that civil liberties somehow take precedence over people living. As far as I can see, you and your cohorts have necver done anything to lessen the problem. The gun zealots have never done anything but stonewall.. You deny it exists. You have never offered any viable solution, in direct contradiction to your claims. What have you offered? It's time for YOU to show some evidence.
oralloy

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 04:22 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Wrong as always.

You can't point out a single thing that I am wrong about.

MontereyJack wrote:
Everything I said was completely factual.

You were wrong when you falsely suggested that I had made an error. You can't point out any such error.

You were also wrong to falsely accuse people who defend civil liberties of hating freedom.

You were also wrong to falsely accuse people who defend civil liberties of being unwilling to address this problem.

You were also wrong to falsely accuse people who defend civil liberties of supporting murder (and wrong to accuse them of enjoying it).

MontereyJack wrote:
You have entirely ignored the massive amount of gun violence and deaths every year

So have you. You've never tried to find any solutions to the problem.

MontereyJack wrote:
with completely bogus claims that civil liberties somehow take precedence over people living.

You cannot point out anywhere where I have ever made such a claim.

MontereyJack wrote:
As far as I can see, you and your cohorts have necver done anything to lessen the problem.

Grab a mirror and look at yourself. You have never tried to lessen the problem either.

MontereyJack wrote:
The gun zealots have never done anything but stonewall..

The only thing that we stonewall are leftist efforts to violate people's civil liberties for fun.

Such things are rightfully blocked.

MontereyJack wrote:
You deny it exists.

No I don't.

MontereyJack wrote:
You have never offered any viable solution, in direct contradiction to your claims. What have you offered? It's time for YOU to show some evidence.

You demand that I solve a problem that no one has been able to solve in thousands of years of human history?

When you are refusing to try to address the problem yourself?
farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 05:53 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
You cannot point out anywhere where I have ever made such a claim
you do that by careful avoidance. There are sins of Omission as well as Commission .But I think you dont dwell on the inconvenient points to your arguments of tossing around your well used bumper stickers .

Your kind of extreme views are dangerous to a civil society and Im a gun owner. The 2nd amendment is silent regarding a whole lot of **** the conservative courts (at least wrt gun "rights") made inclusive .
The B ill of Rights (BoR) should include a requirement TEST that "by interpretation by the USSC", none of the amendments in the BoR can limit the civil rights of individuals as enunciated in the others.

The right to pursuit of life is one our basic civil rights, that the NRA wishes to deny us.
oralloy

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 06:08 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
you do that by careful avoidance.

No. It's because what I say is completely correct.

farmerman wrote:
There are sins of Omission as well as Commission.

There are no omissions. Leftists are not allowed to violate people's civil liberties for fun. Period.

farmerman wrote:
But I think you dont dwell on the inconvenient points to your arguments of tossing around your well used bumper stickers.

There are no inconvenient points to my arguments.

farmerman wrote:
Your kind of extreme views are dangerous to a civil society and Im a gun owner.

Referring to civil liberties as extreme and dangerous to society is veering well into fascist territory.

And so much for your supposed fear of draconian gun regulations. You're back to calling people extreme and dangerous if they oppose those sorts of laws.

farmerman wrote:
The 2nd amendment is silent regarding a whole lot of **** the conservative courts (at least wrt gun "rights") made inclusive.

No it isn't. The intent of the right to keep and bear arms is very clear, as is the constitutional principle of strict scrutiny.

farmerman wrote:
The Bill of Rights (BoR) should include a requirement TEST that "by interpretation by the USSC", none of the amendments in the BoR can limit the civil rights of individuals as enunciated in the others.

It's not like any part of the Bill of Rights actually limits any other right to begin with.

farmerman wrote:
The right to pursuit of life is one our basic civil rights, that the NRA wishes to deny us.

That is incorrect. The NRA has no such wish.
farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 06:39 am
@oralloy,
I rest my case.Its obvious that your needle is stuck (Theres a resurgence of the analog sound)
oralloy

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 06:44 am
@farmerman,
You have no case. You have frustration over not being allowed to violate people's civil liberties for fun.

Well too bad. Go find a hobby that doesn't involve violating people's civil liberties.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 08:38 am
@oralloy,
It's truly remarkable how you never tire or repeating the same lies over and over and over ad nauseam
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 08:40 am
@oralloy,
Everything farmer posted was eminently true.
farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 08:51 am
@oralloy,

Youve made my case, which is the recognition that you care not for anyone but yourself.

This is your bumper sticker #1

1. The Superlativ"ization" of the 2nd amendment" to the total disregard of the others

Your Constitution seems to be made of just one "CIVIL RIGHT" defined.
Youre wacky oral. Seek help before you go postal on us.

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 10:28 am
@farmerman,
Onnce again farmer is spot on.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 10:42 am
@oralloy,
The vitginia beach shooteer legally bought two handguns. Twelve more innocent people mudered by oralloy's civil liberties.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 10:44 am
@MontereyJack,
Ban on handguns? So get rid of the 2nd Amendment? Shootings like this really expose the real purpose behind the leftist push for "gun control". Can't call for an assault weapons ban when one wasn't used.
snood

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 10:53 am
@Baldimo,
See, now - you knowno one here is asking to ban handguns. That’s disingenuous poppycock. All I want is to somehow limit the number of rounds a person intent on killing people could fire off. That would mean things like banning bump stocks and large volume magazines.