Guns: how much longer will it take ....

coldjoint

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 06:01 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
while leaving we liberals with our guns for self defense.

Now you just have to learn how to use them. You could change your minds when you have to do your own dirty work.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 07:29 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
The nra did not have the votes in the midterms
That is incorrect. Every pro-gun politician in a rural district was reelected.

MontereyJack wrote:
and the majority of the country now regards them unfavorably thanks to parkland and our daily diet of shootings.
I don't know that this is true. But it really doesn't matter whether or not it is true. The NRA will continue to protect America's civil liberties no matter what anyone thinks about it.

MontereyJack wrote:
Its base is dying or moving to the city.
No we aren't.

MontereyJack wrote:
It'll be in DeepTrouble by 2020
We'll be fine. And we are going to keep protecting America from the left.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 07:30 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
The amount of power though would be greatly reduced.
I disagree. I think their power would be undiminished.

vikorr wrote:
Money works, or they wouldn't spend it on politics.
What should they spend it on?

Money is fine if you have it. But in the NRA's case it doesn't make much difference.

vikorr wrote:
Remember this conversation started with you saying that money has nothing to do with their power.
I remember. I still say that.
oralloy

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 07:31 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
If they let trump declare a national emergency on the wall all we have to do is elect a democratic president who will bypass congress with their own national emergency and remove all the gun nuts weapons while leaving we liberals with our guns for self defense. Works for me.
Thanks for making it clear that the left wants to abolish civil liberties and that Trump and the Republicans are working to protect the American people.
vikorr

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 08:02 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Money is fine if you have it. But in the NRA's case it doesn't make much difference.
Riiiight, they spend millions of dollars on it because it doesn't make much of a difference.
oralloy

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 08:10 pm
@vikorr,
What do you think they should spend it on?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 09:17 pm
@Baldimo,
As I read it, you could remove five or six demokkkrat controlled cities from the US, and our crime stats would be amongst the four or five lowest in the world. That says the most meaningful thing you could do to reduce crime in America would be to outlaw and ban the demokkkrat party.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2019 12:16 am
@gungasnake,
Or we could just give Texas back to Mexico.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2019 12:21 am
@glitterbag,
Wouldn't bother me any.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2019 12:34 am
@edgarblythe,
They might not want it, wouldn't that be a kicker.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2019 09:45 am
@edgarblythe,
I have personally never met a Texan advocating for withdrawal from the union. The guy that plays Walker, Texas Ranger, has volunteered to be president, should it ever happen. Most Texans shun political involvement. We have fewer voters than just about anybody.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2019 11:57 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
Remember this conversation started with you saying that money has nothing to do with their power.

If money is power, Hillary had $1.1 Billion for the election, Trump had $646 Million. If money equals power, then Hillary should have won...

Baldimo

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2019 12:00 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
If they let trump declare a national emergency on the wall all we have to do is elect a democratic president who will bypass congress with their own national emergency and remove all the gun nuts weapons while leaving we liberals with our guns for self defense. Works for me.

So what Constitional Rights of the US citizens are being denied by declaring a National Emergency at the border? Declaring a national emergency and taking away everyone's guns, is a direct violation of the 2nd Amendment. How unconstitutional of you.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2019 12:58 pm
I read something a couple pages back and it made me think of an answer to everyone's issues!

Instead of banning inanimate objects and making possession of something that, in and of itself, is completely harmless, let's make it ILLEGAL to use that object to commit a crime with!

So, if you use an inanimate object to threaten or harm a person in the commission of a crime, you will face some kind of penalty! That way, people who do NOT use inanimate objects to hasrm or threaten people can enjoy them.

By making it illegal to use them that way will certainly decrease the number of crimes being committed, right?

After all, crime rates have steadily been decreasing since the mid 90's.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2019 02:26 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
If money is power, Hillary had $1.1 Billion for the election, Trump had $646 Million. If money equals power, then Hillary should have won...
Apparently you have difficulty following a conversation (other aspects of power were mentioned, and it's implicit that there are more), and you apparently also need some education on the relationship of power, influence, and money to politics.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2019 02:47 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
Apparently you have difficulty following a conversation (other aspects of power were mentioned, and it's implicit that there are more), and you apparently also need some education on the relationship of power, influence, and money to politics.

Keep telling yourself that, the left loves to talk about all the evil money going into politics, except when it's their people pulling in all the evil money. Obama was the first Presidential candidate to hit the 1 billion mark, the DNC has been the only party to pull this much money in for Presidential elections and yet now it isn't about the money?
gungasnake

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2019 04:04 pm
Shotgun manufacturers:

https://www.shotgunworld.com/links.html

Caesar Guerrini is one manufacturer of good quality yet not gigantically expensive shotguns.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2019 04:27 pm
@oralloy,
Its ok for conservative presidents to make royal laws but not democratic presidents? If it comes to that you can bet a certain segment of liberals will show you we know how to use weapons.
farmerman

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2019 04:29 pm
@gungasnake,
I see that Brazil is going to loosen up its gun acquisition requirements to make guns easier to buy and hold. Itll be an interesting test of whether our 2nd amendment rights are working. I think we shall hve to watch Brazil carefully and see which way the gun incident statistics go up or down.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2019 04:33 pm
@RABEL222,
It is not OK for you to violate people's civil liberties.

If any leftists use start using violence, they will be prosecuted and their possessions will be sold to cover civil damages.
0 Replies