Guns: how much longer will it take ....

Baldimo

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 04:05 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
but ostracizing folks who dont agree with you in lockstep, thats ok?

Or do you just carry a lot of hate around??

That would be a question best put to those on this board who activly push for people on this board to be either banned or ignored. Hint, it's mostly people you agree with.
oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 04:09 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
but ostracizing folks who dont agree with you in lockstep, thats ok?
That depends on the nature of the disagreement. If they are maliciously convicting innocent people of imaginary crimes, something needs to be done about them.

If they don't like Detroit-style pizza, I think I can tolerate their differences.

farmerman wrote:
Or do you just carry a lot of hate around??
I'm not really a hater. But I'm also not a big fan of atrocities against the innocent.
livinglava

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 05:48 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I'm also not a big fan of atrocities against the innocent.

Remember the movie, a Clockwork Orange? I don't think there were any guns in that to perpetrate all the many atrocities.

If there were no guns, do you think there would be less atrocities or would people just use other tools to commit them?
oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 07:09 pm
@livinglava,
Farmerman went off topic a bit when he raised the subject of leftist atrocities and the method that I propose for protecting the innocent.

These leftists are not committing atrocities with their guns. They are committing atrocities by getting innocent people convicted of imaginary crimes.

On the subject of mass murders, I expect that people who were inclined to commit mass murder would still do so if they had no access to guns. Likely they would either build bombs or steal a truck and run over people with it.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 07:54 pm
Numbers in gasoline/dynamite comparisons are all over the place but if you think about it, one gallon of gasoline can propel a 3000 lb vehicle something like 30 miles. How many sticks of dynamite would it take to do that??

And yet anybody can buy a gallon of gasoline.....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 08:59 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
a question best put to those on this board who activly push for people on this board to be either banned or ignored. Hint, it's mostly people you agree with.
Apparently you then agree with oral in his desire to "do away with living democrats entirely"

"ignoring" is a much less violent means. Its very Christian actually "jesus admonishes us to do good and to avoid evil" whereas Islam demands that you "Command good and destroy evil"
Its amazing how your own paths coincide with those youve sought to destroy
oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 09:03 pm
@farmerman,
Hold on here. I never suggested subjecting anyone to the death penalty (which I oppose).

I merely suggest outlawing the Democratic Party.

Sometimes I also suggest removing all of the leftists down to Guantanamo so that they will be unable to harm innocent people.

Let's face it. Leftists are evil.
farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 09:10 pm
@oralloy,
perhaps you should go back and read some of your less kind posts. I certainlydont countenance violence and I had begun to worry about the apparent amount of hate you display for those who dont see things through your scope.

I dont think Id wanna "meet up with you" despite your active cosmology interests because , ctually, you sound kinda scary.
Thats the way this entire board seems to be polarizing, "Believe like me or else"
The availability of the internet as a sounding board to everyone, sorta has us reliving the 1850's US.
oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 09:26 pm
@farmerman,
No hate on my end. It's just that, as one of the good guys, I have a strong aversion to evil.

Maybe you'd understand why it is wrong to convict innocent people of imaginary crimes if you ever became the victim of one of these DNC atrocities.

Its odd, sometimes someone here accuses me of lacking empathy, even though I'm the one who is always horrified at these atrocities. I think it would be more accurate to say that I'm the one who isn't lacking empathy.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 09:47 pm
@farmerman,
I think he likes the attention and is deluded enough to think he's on some sort of virtuous crusade (that disguises the true intent) and can actually upset people who have little grey cells that can hold hands. So, he spouts ridiculous notions, totally contrary to the Constitution and every notion of justice or decency, because he lives in the same mind prison that so many other fearful and limited people are in. You know (I'm virtuous but your going to hell) kind of people......the ones that secretly think everyone else looks down on them...... Alas, those who choose to believe the world is against them will never be comfortable anywhere.
oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 10:05 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I think he likes the attention
Meh.

glitterbag wrote:
and is deluded enough to think he's on some sort of virtuous crusade (that disguises the true intent)
I don't think that I am on a "mission" or anything. But it's no delusion and no disguise that I am virtuous and always do the right thing.

glitterbag wrote:
and can actually upset people who have little grey cells that can hold hands.
My IQ is 170. What's yours?

glitterbag wrote:
So, he spouts ridiculous notions, totally contrary to the Constitution
Wrong. I'm the one who defends the Constitution. It's the left who spout ridiculous notions that are contrary to the Constitution.

glitterbag wrote:
and every notion of justice or decency,
My defense of innocent people is quite compatible with justice and decency.

When leftists maliciously frame innocent people for imaginary crimes, that is what is contrary to justice and decency.

glitterbag wrote:
because he lives in the same mind prison that so many other fearful and limited people are in. You know (I'm virtuous but your going to hell) kind of people......
There is no question that I'm virtuous.

There is no question that, if there is an afterlife, all you monsters who like to convict innocent people of imaginary crimes are headed to the warm and crispy place.

There is no fear. There are no limitations or mind prison for me. I'm just someone who believes in doing the right thing.

glitterbag wrote:
the ones that secretly think everyone else looks down on them......
I expect that leftist monsters do look down on anyone who disagrees with them. That certainly includes me.

But really, I look down on them even more, so I guess they're even with me on that score.

glitterbag wrote:
Alas, those who choose to believe the world is against them will never be comfortable anywhere.
I don't believe that the world is against me. I am quite comfortable.

I'm sure that leftist vermin dislike me quite intensely, as they dislike all who oppose their demented ideology, but I reject the notion that leftist vermin speak for the world. Although they sometimes pretend that they do.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 11:00 pm
@oralloy,
What utter bull pucky. You don't express yourself as if you have an IQ of 170....idiot savants can score high and there are Mensa members working at menial jobs because they are so impressed with their "IQ" they never bothered to apply themselves to an actual skill. What's your skill Skippy? Video games?
oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 11:04 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
What utter bull pucky.
Your dislike of reality does not make it untrue.

glitterbag wrote:
You don't express yourself as if you have an IQ of 170....
Yes I do.

glitterbag wrote:
idiot savants can score high and there are Mensa members working at menial jobs because they are so impressed with their "IQ" they never bothered to apply themselves to an actual skill.
That's nice.

glitterbag wrote:
What's your skill Skippy? Video games?
I have many skills. One of them is facts.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 11:31 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
What utter bull pucky.
Your dislike of reality does not make it untrue.

I don't dislike.....your ego doesn't make it true.

glitterbag wrote:
You don't express yourself as if you have an IQ of 170....
Yes I do.

No, you really don't, sorry.....you really don't

glitterbag wrote:
idiot savants can score high and there are Mensa members working at menial jobs because they are so impressed with their "IQ" they never bothered to apply themselves to an actual skill.

That's nice.

Maybe? do you really think it's nice to not to live up to even anywhere close to potential? Maybe somebody takes care of you.

glitterbag wrote:
What's your skill Skippy? Video games?
I have many skills.

One of them is facts.

No, it's not.....but it's endearing that you think so.
oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 11:39 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I don't dislike.....
Your objections to reality show otherwise.

glitterbag wrote:
your ego doesn't make it true.
That's the nice thing about reality. There is no need for me to "make" it true.

Reality is just naturally true all on its own.

glitterbag wrote:
No, you really don't, sorry.....you really don't
Yes I do.

glitterbag wrote:
Maybe? do you really think it's nice to not to live up to even anywhere close to potential?
That's their business.

glitterbag wrote:
Maybe somebody takes care of you.
I'm not that old yet. I still have many years of independence left before I hit the nursing home.

glitterbag wrote:
No, it's not.....
Yes it is.

glitterbag wrote:
but it's endearing that you think so.
Actually you get quite frustrated when I post facts. You always find them highly inconvenient.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 01:04 am
FBI: More people killed with hammers and clubs than with firearm:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/09/26/fbi-people-killed-hammers-clubs-rifles-every-kind/?fbclid=IwAR108BkHf7rHU0Mw_mbxdVeH2FqT6hggJuvpegI9TfKOv7Qeiw6Pl_oxkdk
glitterbag

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 02:07 am
I think you are dead on straight.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 05:46 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
FBI: More people killed with hammers and clubs than with firearm:

But not at one time.
And not from a distance.
And not by simply pulling a trigger.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 06:02 am
@hightor,
I would take any claims Gunga makes with a huge pinch of salt. Remember this is the poster who believes there's pyramids on Mars and Creationist mumbo jumbo. His claims about hammers are likely to be a similar load of old bollocks.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 06:10 am
izzythep... likes to accuse me of believing there are pyramids on Mars. I mean, I also believe that the sun rises in the East and sets in the West and that wild bears go to the bathroom in the woods; I assume izzythep... will sooner or later start defaming me for that....

One of the pyramids on Mars has five sides, sort of like the Chrysler emblem, here is what it looks like:

https://www.universetoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/pyramid-on-mars.jpg

The long sides are about a mile and a half on an edge.

All others, far as I know, have four sides.