Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 06:16 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Fourteen year old children aren't the "bad guys."
They are when they try to violate civil liberties for fun.

neptuneblue wrote:
As for the rest of your comment, well, you're on your own with that,
The truth is all I ever need.
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 06:19 am
@oralloy,
Yeah, it's SOOOOO much fun running from bullets.

Their civil liberties were violated to the point they're going to vote to ensure no others have to bury their classmates.
oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 06:23 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Yeah, it's SOOOOO much fun running from bullets.
Non sequitur.

neptuneblue wrote:
Their civil liberties were violated to the point they're going to vote to ensure no others have to bury their classmates.
They aren't voting to save any lives. The only reason why they are trying to violate civil liberties is because they enjoy violating people's rights.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 06:37 am
@neptuneblue,

arguing with oralloy is like talking to the wall... don't waste your time...
oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 06:43 am
@Region Philbis,
Arguing with me requires denying reality, and denying reality is certainly a waste of time.

But since leftists really really hate reality, they cannot help but deny it.
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 06:51 am
@oralloy,
Whose arguing with you? Not me...

I understand common sense gun control laws won't be passed for awhile. But with every mass shooting, the loss of more and more innocent people, the time is near. I don't deny reality, I accept is as it is.

And common sense gun control laws will be passed..
farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 06:53 am
@neptuneblue,
I predicted that it will be a generational thing, maybe 25, maybe 50 years,I agree, its day is coming. Never say never.

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 06:56 am
Gun debate back in focus at Capitol
Two different gun control groups converged at the State Capitol on opening day of the 2019 session, to push for universal background checks and "red flags" legislation
Author: John Croman
Published: 1:46 AM CST January 9, 2019
Updated: 2:17 AM CST January 9, 2019

ST PAUL, Minn. — The gun control debate resumed at the State Capitol on opening day of the 2019 session. Supporters picked up right where the left off last spring, pressuring lawmakers to take action on at least two measures.

One would institute universal background checks that apply to gun shows and most private transactions or transfers of firearms. The other bill would institute a "Red Flags" law, allowing judges to temporarily remove guns from those who are determined to be in a mental health crisis.

Volunteer activists with the groups Moms Demand Action and Everytown for Gun Safety lined the entrance to the House Chamber as legislators arrived, offering chocolate chip cookies and shouting, "Save our kids! Save our kids!"

"An average of 96 people die in gun violence every day in this country," Bob Mokos of Burnsville told KARE.

"We’ve got to stem this flow, and the best way to do it is criminal background checks and extreme risk protection orders which are 'Red Flag' laws."

A military veteran and NRA-certified sharpshooter, Mokos became a gun control advocate after his sister Diane was murdered in a random shooting in Chicago.

Mokos and fellow advocates are hopeful the bills will pass the House now that Democrats are in control of that chamber. The Senate remains a large question mark.

It's still controlled by Republicans, and those bills never received actual hearings in the Senate last year. They prefer to focus on school safety improvements and more in-school mental health services.

Gun control advocates are holding out hope a compromise can be struck.

"We are the only state with a divided state legislature and we’re the only ones to have that since 1914, so what happens here could mirror what happens in our federal legislature," said Austin Berger, a University of Minnesota student who became active in the movement after the Parkland, Florida tragedy last February.

Ben Dorr, of Minnesota Gun Rights, walked through the gun control crowds rolling video and challenging supporters.

"I'm trying to protect my kids too!" Door declared, while demonstrator tried to drown him out with more chanting.

The newly-minted House Speaker, Rep. Melissa Hortman, told reporters they time is right to pass something this year.

"We feel very strongly Minnesotans have made it loud and clear they are ready for gun violence prevention measures, common sense reforms," Hortman told reporters Tuesday.

0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 09:07 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Fourteen year old children aren't the "bad guys." As for the rest of your comment, well, you're on your own with that,

In this case, a disturbed person was the bad guy. And in hindsight, the FBI were the bad guys for ignoring all of the glaring red flags leading up to the shooting. But you go ahead and keep pointing the finger at others.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 09:35 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I predicted that it will be a generational thing, maybe 25, maybe 50 years,I agree, its day is coming. Never say never.
No. Future generations of Americans are not going to suddenly start opposing civil liberties.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 09:38 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Whose arguing with you? Not me...
Actually you did try for a few posts there. It seems that you finally realized that you were defending the indefensible though.

neptuneblue wrote:
I understand common sense gun control laws won't be passed for awhile.
Why do people who support fascism or oppose civil liberties always claim common sense? It's weird.

neptuneblue wrote:
But with every mass shooting, the loss of more and more innocent people, the time is near. I don't deny reality, I accept is as it is.
And common sense gun control laws will be passed..
The NRA is going to prevent freedom haters from passing unconstitutional gun laws at the federal level.

And the Supreme Court is going to strike down any unconstitutional gun laws that freedom haters pass at the state or local level.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 01:54 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Fourteen year old children aren't the "bad guys." As for the rest of your comment, well, you're on your own with that,

The kids are the dupes of the adults who are using them. Instead of addressing gun laws, they should be addressing the failures in the system that allowed that guy to stay on the streets in the first place, there was more than enough evidence to have him committed for evaluation. Everyone knew he was a loose cannon but the people who should have stopped him turned a blind eye. Add in a chicken **** cop who didn't follow active shooter protocol, and you have the kids blaming the wrong people and objects.
oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 02:48 pm
@Baldimo,
It's actually their own fault that there was a shooting spree because they tormented this guy until he snapped. Their attempts to blame the NRA for a shooting spree that they themselves were the cause of is beyond the pale.

And dupes or not, if they publicly advocate a vile policy it is legitimate to condemn them for it. They'll get no sympathy from me.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 03:02 pm
@oralloy,
Nonsense. He creeped people out with his violence from an early age. It was in him. He was sick. The NR A blocked any attempts to re-gun him..
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 03:05 pm
@oralloy,
You're extremely wrong about that. And now that I know what a sick individual you are, there is nothing in what you have to say that makes it a rational thought.

oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 03:09 pm
@neptuneblue,
No. The part about them being cruel to the guy until he snapped is accurate.

And the part about them being responsible for the policies that they advocate is absolutely correct.

I've always found that stating facts is an extremely rational thing to do.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 03:10 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Nonsense. He creeped people out with his violence from an early age.
If the whiny brats had shown him compassion instead of cruelty they wouldn't have cause to be so whiny right now.

Although the mere fact that they set out on a quest to violate people's civil liberties for fun means that maybe they were destined to be defeated by the NRA anyway.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 03:24 pm
@oralloy,
Yez, your mind is made up donttry to confuse you With facts. There were many accounts of people who methim and tried to treat U.K. Ni cely being immediately treated vilelybyhim. He wassick. You don't keep trying to pet a rabid dog, you stay away.
oralloy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 03:32 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Yez, your mind is made up dont try to confuse you With facts.
Nonsense. I'm the guy who likes facts.

MontereyJack wrote:
There were many accounts of people who met him and tried to treat U.K. nicely being immediately treated vilely by him. He was sick. You don't keep trying to pet a rabid dog, you stay away.
Ostracizing people who are suffering doesn't tend to end well....
farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 03:51 pm
@oralloy,
but ostracizing folks who dont agree with you in lockstep, thats ok?

Or do you just carry a lot of hate around??