Guns: how much longer will it take ....

coldjoint

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 10:58 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
NRA is responsible for the llaws withholding CDC funding

No, the Congress is. Lobbyists do not seem to bother you when your agenda is pushed and enacted. Deal with it.
farmerman

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 11:00 am
@coldjoint,
same thing , NRA OWNS the GOP Congress. YOU actully deny that? See how insidiously the treasonous NRA has snuck in on you??
Glennn

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 11:02 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
You guy should really xtract your heads outta La Pierres Ass

I have nothing to do with the NRA. But I would be interested in hearing you explain how outlawing the NRA will influence murderers to not murder?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 11:43 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
If the unelected NRA is in fact dictating policy, as you allege, they are the ones who must be outlawed and disbanded and its leaders jailed, not the Democrats.

If unelected Planned Parenthood and AARP can in fact dictate policy... you see where I'm going with this? There are lots of special interest groups who draft policy in the US. The fact you don't like guns doesn't play into which groups should defend our Constitutional rights.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 11:44 am
@farmerman,
The 2013 CDC study ordered by Obama was done by NRA clowns?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 11:54 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
perhaps, but theyd be less numerous cause

If murderous intent is what you have planned, you will kill someone. I doubt "banning guns" will lower the rate as much as you think it will. We aren't in in the top 20 for suicide rates in the developed world, people in countries with little gun owner ship have no problems killing themselves at higher rates than Americans, take the Japanese for instance.

Quote:
1.the Constitutional term "arms" doesnt include knives.

Says who? No one would have thought nunchucks were covered either but a Federal court ruled NYC's ban on them unconstitutional.

Quote:
2. hard to kill lots of people with a Buck Knife

Explain the UK's ban on bladed and edged weapons then?

Quote:
3.Capt Obvious, The above conclusion is by the CDC if you wish to share your findings , why not write to them and pose your own .

If the study was as clean cut as you seem to think from that one sentence, then why hasn't this study been reported in the media, why after all this time do we never hear anything about it after the shootings the MSM reports? The MSM pretends this study doesn't exist, why? For all the talk of "no studies", they never mention this one.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 12:16 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
What you call defense of civil liberties leads directly to gun violence killing thousands of innocent people a year.

That is quite an extremist view of guns and says more about the people who kill with guns than it says about guns. If there are so many guns in the US, why are the murder rates so low then in comparison to the # of guns, gun grabbers always say that more guns equals more death. Overall crime rates don't support this theory and the places with the strictest gun laws have the worst crime rates.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 12:17 pm
@Baldimo,
your opening monologue had nithing to do with oral's attemp at an analogy..
Baldimo

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 12:26 pm
@MontereyJack,
That would go for every lobbying group who gives money to an election.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 12:30 pm
@farmerman,
Considering the NRA is made up of US citizens, and we pay the NRA to lobby on behalf of our 2nd Amendment rights, why shouldn't the politicians listen to the NRA and it's millions of supporters? Is it any different for Planned Parenthood or the hundreds of other citizens lobbing groups?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 12:51 pm
@farmerman,
Doesn't make it any less true...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 02:12 pm
@Baldimo,
you got me on the constitution issue . I looked into Heller which clearly Identified knives as included under arms. The nunchuk issue wouldnt be applicable anywhere but in the NY district (unless the other side took it higher).

My argument remains that guns will kill way more than a knife per attack. WAAY more. "Bringing a knife to a gunfight" is an example of inequivalent units.

NRA will, I believe, lose more and more of its "political stance begun in the 1970's" .
I quit the NRA in the mid 80's when it asked for MY money to address industrial output. True , it is a lobby, but its a lobby of an industry that does not welcome anything but a deadly way of marketing its product. The comparison to Planned Parenthood is invalid. PP celebrates CHOICE on the birth control issue. Anti-Choice as a way of dealing with "Planning" is more like NRA's mantras.
Im a multi gun owner but do not see why we protect clowns , nutz, and future terrorists, using a single hazy phraase in a 200+ year old document. (I unerstand the spirit but do not at all agree with most of the USSC decisions )
I hope we see the "bump stock" defined as deadly as other dangerous weapons and add-ons, and that we control large capacity clips and eliminate doctor-able semi-autos for more rapid fire by simple workshop tricks. Id also like to see limits of straw purchases, number of gun purchases per month by non- dealers, gun show purchases to skirt the rules about constructing a dangerous weapon from "unrelated dealers" .
Heller set a plane that says we can meet the Constitution and still keep firearms within the realm of sanity.

I consider myself a responsible gun owner and user and Ive noted that more folks whove got little knowledge and field experience with guns or whove not used a weapon as defense are the ones who dance around in support of an unsustainable position on guns.(Its mostly based on many of these people are comfy in the ranks of other conspiracy theorists).
Like one of your kind who rants on about eliminating people who are of a political party that he disagrees with. He will pepper me with mindless bumper stickers that deny my own civil rights to LIFE because Im not buying his bullshit. That I consider dangerous AND
seditious . Wouldnt you??

coldjoint

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 03:26 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
See how insidiously the treasonous NRA has snuck in on you??

See how insidiously climate change legislators are also bought and paid for and they do not bother you. But I said that already.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 03:51 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

It's neither, it's a move that makes the anti-gun people feel better but it doesn't do anything else but remove a stupid and lame gun accessory. Why buy one, it drops your accuracy to zero and they waste ammo. Wanna shoot a full auto, find a gun range that rents them onsite and go have some fun.

So it's the gun-reform equivalent of banning plastic straws for the environment?
Baldimo

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 04:11 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
you got me on the constitution issue .

What's left to discuss?

Quote:
I looked into Heller which clearly Identified knives as included under arms. The nunchuk issue wouldnt be applicable anywhere but in the NY district (unless the other side took it higher).

If the ruling was in a Federal District court, wouldn't the ruling apply to all area's in that Federal District?

Quote:
My argument remains that guns will kill way more than a knife per attack. WAAY more. "Bringing a knife to a gunfight" is an example of inequivalent units.

I don't see this as a valid reason to limit my Constitutional rights.

Quote:
NRA will, I believe, lose more and more of its "political stance begun in the 1970's" .

Unless you have some #'s to back you up, I'm sure the NRA has more members now then it did in the 80's. Over 5 million members!

Quote:
I quit the NRA in the mid 80's when it asked for MY money to address industrial output.

Yeah, what were they trying to do, prevent full auto guns from being restricted?

Quote:
True , it is a lobby, but its a lobby of an industry that does not welcome anything but a deadly way of marketing its product.

Don't confuse the NSSF with the NRA, lots of you anti-gun people seem to do that.

Quote:
The comparison to Planned Parenthood is invalid. PP celebrates CHOICE on the birth control issue. Anti-Choice as a way of dealing with "Planning" is more like NRA's mantras.

It is very valid, when the subject of abortion comes before any governing body, you can bet your ass PP is right there defending it. If they can lobby for the death of unborn infants, then surly the NRA can lobby for the right to protect ones self and not be killed.

Quote:
Im a multi gun owner but do not see why we protect clowns , nutz, and future terrorists, using a single hazy phraase in a 200+ year old document.

1 hazy phrase? Shall not infringe is not hazy, it's pretty clear. Which clowns are being protected and which furture terrorists? If you refer to people with mental issues or people for unknown reasons being placed on the no fly list, then I can't help you. No one is sure why people were placed on the DNFL, there is no transparancy and no indication you are on the list until you try to fly. Linking the no fly list to a no gun list is the epotimie of a lack of transparancy. We expect more out of our govt.

Quote:
I hope we see the "bump stock" defined as deadly as other dangerous weapons and add-ons,

Which add-on's do you see as dangerous? Pistol grips and adjustable stocks? I didn't think the bump stock was dangerous, just stupid. In my opinion it's a waste of ammo and money.

Quote:
and that we control large capacity clips and eliminate doctor-able semi-autos for more rapid fire by simple workshop tricks.

Clips, come on I thought you were a gun guy?
Who defines large capacity magazines? The industry standard was 30 round mags and usually you go by the industry standard for such things.
Did you know it was also already illegal to modify a semi-auto to be a full auto, it seems some of the things you want are already law.

Since you don't know the difference between a clip and a magazine, I'm not sure how comfortable I am with you deciding our gun laws.

Quote:
Id also like to see limits of straw purchases, number of gun purchases per month by non- dealers, gun show purchases to skirt the rules about constructing a dangerous weapon from "unrelated dealers" .
Heller set a plane that says we can meet the Constitution and still keep firearms within the realm of sanity

It's things like this that make me doubt your gun law knowledge, you already tried to pull a fast one a bunch of months ago with the lie about the gun show loophole, and Straw purchases are already illegal.
Your version of sanity for firearms is already far different than mine.

Quote:
I consider myself a responsible gun owner and user and Ive noted that more folks whove got little knowledge and field experience with guns or whove not used a weapon as defense are the ones who dance around in support of an unsustainable position on guns.

I don't think you have as much gun knowledge as you think you do, you called a magazine a clip, didn't know straw purchases were already illegal and also didn't know that modifying your semi-auto to be full auto is also illegal.
It seems the ones with the least knowledge about guns call for the most restrictive gun laws and when that lack of knowledge is pointed out, we get called names, like terrorists or murderer.

Quote:
Like one of your kind who rants on about eliminating people who are of a political party that he disagrees with. He will pepper me with mindless bumper stickers that deny my own civil rights to LIFE because Im not buying his bullshit. That I consider dangerous AND
seditious . Wouldnt you??

I think there are people on both sides of the aisle who have said such things. O'rally and RedRex come to mind as opposite ends of the spectrum, I think both posters are wrong and I typically ignore such posts from them as I see no real threat from them.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 04:12 pm
@livinglava,
Yep, it's pointless but makes people feel good.
snood

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 04:57 pm
I doubt the 851 injured, or the families of the 58 killed in 2017 in Las Vegas as a result of 1,100 rounds fired in 10 minutes with the use of a bump-stock would think this ban is pointless
livinglava

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 05:34 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Yep, it's pointless but makes people feel good.

Just like bump stocks and plastic straws are/do.

What a coincidence.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 05:39 pm
@snood,
Quote:
I doubt the 851 injured, or the families of the 58 killed in 2017 in Las Vegas as a result of 1,100 rounds fired in 10 minutes with the use of a bump-stock would think this ban is pointless

I have no doubt you are correct about their feelings, it doesn't change the fact that it is a pointless gesture. They were just banned this week, no one before or after Las Vegas used one in any type of shooting and it has been a few years since Obama's ATF approved them for sale in 2010.

851 people were shot? It was actually half that, 422 with 58 killed, that's 480 total shot. Out of a crowd of over 20,000 and 1,1000 bullets fired, 58 vs 422 isn't actually that deadly considering other mass shootings with the number of people injured vs killed. As odd as it sounds, the use of a bump stock actually saved lives because of it's poor accuracy. Doesn't change the fact that very few people disagree with the ban, consider it a win for the gun control group.
snood

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2018 07:33 pm
58 killed in 10 minutes. Not that deadly. I guess it's all perspective.
0 Replies